Closed Thread
Page 82 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1422
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've started looking - but taking it slowly. I know we're not going to purchase anything until the nursery (which is currently a very unorganised storage bedroom) is cleared cleaned and painted - which won't be until probably September / October. My SIL has some stuff for us but I don't know what so I'll wait to see what she's got plus we have a baby expo in Melbourne in October so I'm hoping to get some great deals there....anyone else had any experiences good or bad with baby expos?

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG I forgot to say....we got our OBs fees in our little pack in the post yesterday...........EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

    $5,500...........

    I called the other OB I was thinking about but he is $5,000 as well so I guess there is not much difference so we may as well stay with this one who's been with us the whole way so far!! Craaazzzzyyyyy....

    I said to DH they should do a MasterCard advert for IVF....
    4 rounds of IVF $XXX
    Drs Fees $XXX
    Medication $XXX
    Scans $XXX
    Obstetrician Fees $XXX
    Hospital Fees $XXX

    Having a baby - priceless

    We'll pay all the money in the world, well, all the money we have anyway to get our bubs so it doesn't really matter - but it is a bloody lot!!

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got a Phil and teds pram with the second seat (not that ds will use it that much now though). It was fantastic, very stable for a 3 wheeler, fit through the isles no problem and best of all it only took half the boot of the car which was great when shopping or when going away (use to travel yo family a bit on weekends).

    Down side couldn't have bub facing us and was a pain to change from lying to the sitting positions. This was really only an issue in the first 6 months so I have bought a second hand strider with the bassinet to use at the start. Convinced dh I need two, don't know how I did that he he he

    Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

    SL1009  (26-07-2012)

  5. #814
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I lay by my nursery setting when I was 6 or 7 weeks. I know it was so early but I found exactly what I loved and it was on an amazing sale so I had to get it. Though I did tell them how early it was and was worried should I have a miscarriage they said they would gladly refund money paid including deposit.
    That's really good of them - and now look how far you've come ; )

  6. #815
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    89
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    OMG I forgot to say....we got our OBs fees in our little pack in the post yesterday...........EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

    $5,500...........

    I called the other OB I was thinking about but he is $5,000 as well so I guess there is not much difference so we may as well stay with this one who's been with us the whole way so far!! Craaazzzzyyyyy....

    I said to DH they should do a MasterCard advert for IVF....
    4 rounds of IVF $XXX
    Drs Fees $XXX
    Medication $XXX
    Scans $XXX
    Obstetrician Fees $XXX
    Hospital Fees $XXX

    Having a baby - priceless

    We'll pay all the money in the world, well, all the money we have anyway to get our bubs so it doesn't really matter - but it is a bloody lot!!

    Sadly that's cheap. I was charged $8500 for my first 3 years ago in Sydney. This year I'm using a different OB who I know and he's no gapping me. Phew after IVF it's a welcome relief....,

  7. #816
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Geez $5500...........

    Makes mine look cheap.

    Amy - I know what you mean, i always hated going into baby shops, also cause all my excess weight has always been held in my tummy area I have always been waiting for someone to ask me when I was due when I wasn't even pregnant yet I agree with dragonfly though, start looking cause some things will take a while to decide on.

    Think that the morning sickness, or all day sickness is getting worse. Hope it goes away soon, I barely had any in the first trimester.

  8. #817
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Sadly that's cheap. I was charged $8500 for my first 3 years ago in Sydney. This year I'm using a different OB who I know and he's no gapping me. Phew after IVF it's a welcome relief....,
    Wowza!! And did you get any back from medicare? I have been told we get back a maximum medicare cap of $468 only...rest I can claim on tax next year...

  9. #818
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    We got a Phil and teds pram with the second seat (not that ds will use it that much now though). It was fantastic, very stable for a 3 wheeler, fit through the isles no problem and best of all it only took half the boot of the car which was great when shopping or when going away (use to travel yo family a bit on weekends).

    Down side couldn't have bub facing us and was a pain to change from lying to the sitting positions. This was really only an issue in the first 6 months so I have bought a second hand strider with the bassinet to use at the start. Convinced dh I need two, don't know how I did that he he he

    Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    I have a feeling that my SIL has a Phil & Teds pram for us but I definitely want one where bubs can face forwards and back......nice that you convinced DH you needed another, hehe! I think I will struggle getting a brand new one if SIL has one for us...

  10. #819
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow and I'm having trouble convincing dh to go private and my OB is only $3500!

  11. #820
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Speaking of strange looks I got them today when I went into baby shop to put money on my lay by this man kept looking at me well staring at me. His wife was huge but she didnt look that far. I mean I am 12 weeks now some women show at this point. I have my work jacket on so you cant see anything of me. I felt like lifting my shirt and saying here is this what you were looking for?
    LOL some people hey!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!
    By littlesunflowers in forum IVF
    Replies: 1560
    Last Post: 13-02-2013, 20:35
  2. March 2013 babies?!
    By knomie in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 19:22
  3. Due in February 2013
    By biscuit1 in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!