Closed Thread
Page 80 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi there,
    Ive got the mountain buggy swift. It's great I ran with my DD right from birth. I didn't get the bassinet attachment you can get, but my friends did and it's great too. I still run with my 3 1/2 year old now, it's light weight, maneouravble , < 5kg,z and best thing fits down isles in shops and supermarkets. A lot of prams can't fit thru these isles eg at train stations ticket booths and it's a reall hassle for them. What ever you do just make sure you can fit it thru turnstiles, in car and in supermarket queues! My mountain buggy is 4 years old now , it's a bit faded but still in great condition. I still run with it and did Sydney half marathon with my DD in it!! I've done so much running in it I've had to replace the tyres once as i ran the tread down but in 4 years that's ok and the tyres were 20 dollars each. I highly recommend the mountain buggy swift if you are a runner or like to do a bit of walking and are active. It's great wouldn't swap it for the world.
    Thanks hun definitely will look into this one - will it fit 2 children or just the one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi ladies wow this thread moves fast at the moment. I am most definitely finding out sex of baby.

As for names I like the following girls
    Ava
    Mila
    Lila
    Middle names I like - Grace, Jade, Rose

Boys I like Flynn, Mason, Jacob, Bentley, Jack
    Middle name would be Christopher after my dad

Pram I have purchased and I got a Steelcraft Strider Plus 3 wheel its quite versatile and can be adjusted so new baby can be facing me and then face opposite direction when its older. You can also purchase second seat attachment for if we have another baby closely after the first.
    I love it and cant wait to go cruising through the shops with it
    All of your names are pretty much all of my favourite names!! As I said before we are naming our child after DHs parents whether it be boy or girl, so Orlando if it's a boy and Rose if it's a girl. Not 100% on middle names yet but possibly Orlando Giuseppe (middle name after DH and both of his grandfathers) and Rose Gillian (middle name after my mother)...

I like the option on prams of bubs facing toward you or away plus god willing will need one that can do a second seat attached...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I would love to hear more suggestions on prams... I want one I can walk fast / jog with even but not a three wheeler...
    The iCandy prams (apple and peach) can both be used as a jogger as they are or you can get an attachment that converts it from 4 wheels to 3, you just pop out the bar at the front that the wheels are on and change it to the 3 wheel one. They are also narrow enough to fit down aisles (well, the apple is, not sure about the peach) and both can be converted to 2 seaters (or 1 seat 1 bassinet, or seat & carseat or bunch of other combos.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Caution - vent post!!!!!

My mum just posted on FB that she is out with my brother and SIL for dinner. Im home sick as a dog with a 20 month old and I'm struggling without DH (and she said she was too busy to do 'anything' this week)
    Im so so so upset. How come they didn't come here with takeout or something?
    ok.. rant over
    back to what you were doing!! hee hee
    That's annoying. When is DH getting home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Ladies

FYI I've just eaten a whole packet of Ritz Cheese Crackers - not sure how that happened!! Lol!!

I had my 10 week blood test / urine test this morning which will be put together with my 12 week scan....can't wait! Less than 2 weeks away now it's getting so close! We have decided not to tell anyone 'officially' until after we see our FS on the 14th and in person, so most likely the 18th - feels like aaaaaggggggeeesssss away. I just want people to know already!!!

Hope you are all travelling well today

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    That's annoying. When is DH getting home?
    in about a week and a half (monday week)

he is so mad with her too, she is just so selfish - unfortunately it happens all the time.
    I needed help on tuesday cause i had a appt DS couldn't come to (at 10am) and she said she couldn't take him cause it was too early for her. I had to take him to MIL house (a 30 min drive each way) which is fine and I'm so thankful I can do that now (she has been sick.. very sick and couldn't pick him up until just recently) but i hate asking her all the time. She doesn't drive and can't really change him still.. he is very wriggly!
    sorry.. I'm ranting again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giuseppi awww how bloody cute. I am guessing DH is Italian?

I love both names I really love Rose.
    Lila Grace is kate Moss daughters name.
    I like Mila after Mila Kunis from that 70s show I think she is very stylish, though not as her character in that 70s show haha.
    I love the huggies baby lit top 100 boys and girls names there are some lovelies in there.
    The only reason I want dad's name as middle name is baby with have Mine and Hubby Surname so my family are not really in the picture with it and My dad is so super excited ad this will be first grandchild for my parents and first great grandchild for both my grandparents so it is very exciting for my family. Dad is boasting to everyone he is going to be a grandad he is 45 his mates keep teling him he is too young lol.
    My nan who is just over 60 is even more excited than my parents she has shown everyone at her work and more than likely everyone she has come across pictures from my ultrasound. Its the wall paper on her mobile. Nan is practically like my mum so I can see she will be up from sydney living with me as soon as baby comes along.
    My DD name is rose!!! She has a Chinese middle name though meaning a beautiful child who is virtuous. So I'm a fan of rose, although its becoming popular now. I kinds like the fact it was a bit rare as a first name. I'm stuck for this baby though. We just can't choose anything.. Oh well only 6 months left to decide! Ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Got my nuchal scan tomorrow as we're 12 weeks tomorrow! Yeah.vi was going to have it next week but caved in and couldn't wait any longer.

However I've got a question. Does anyone know their PAPP-Avand free beta HCG results.
    mine came in as
    PAPPA= 0.90
    free betaHCG = 0.99

Im stressing big time about NT scan as I am a bit older at 37. I've googled - I know bad- but there's all this stuff out there on low PAPPA levels and downs etc.

So now I'm stressing big time - anyone got their results.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gampa,

They like your free beta hCg to be 1 or under and your papp-a to be 1 or over, 1 is considered the average and your BT results are basically based on your distance from average.
    My papp-a level was 0.23 so I don't reckon that 0.9 is bad at all and your beta hCg is pretty much spot on.
    Your biggest indicator for downs will always be your nuchal fold measurement.

I'm 25, my Nuchal fold measurement was 1.6mm, free hCg was 0.95 and papp-a was 0.23 and I cam back with a risk of 1:255.

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask her Middle name?

I love interesting names yet not silly strange. My best friend calls her kids the weirdest names her son is Jedi and her daughter Asarleyah just as she likes to be diferent when she first told me I was like you cant do that to them you nasty thing but the names have grown on me and I couldnt expect them to be called anything else.
    SIX MONTHS! Wow time flies when your having fun. I cant believe I am 3 months
    sui Ming. the Sui is pronounced Sue. My husband is Chinese. I'm just a whitey! So my DD is Eurasian and very cute, got the best of both worlds. Olive skin, green eyes ( I'm blue, my husband brown) curly brown hair. Doesn't look asian at all more Italian! I always get asked " r u the nanny?!!