Closed Thread
Page 71 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I absolutely love that announcement!!

I dont know how I am going to announce to our friends as yet. Family we just kind of blurted to as they kew we were going through IVF. That was just parents and siblings. Still a huge amount of people to announce to when the time is right.

I have mt NT scan tomorrow. Nervous but very glad the time has almost come.

Ladies do you know what is safe to take for a headache? I had the worst headache yesterday I had warm bath slept, sit in bottom of hot shower. Then it progressed to migraine. I eventually caved and had a panadol I would have preferred a bullet then spent the entire night vomitting, I am still extremely unwell from this headache
    Panadol is fine, as is panadeine. Don't take any anti inflammatory drug though like neurofen. Hope you get better soon. Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hey SL009,
    youre right we've all been thru a roller coaster ride, but it is true and it is happening for you! Having had one child already, trust me, you'll feel pregnant enough sooner than you realize!. At about 16 weeks if you are slim and fit you tummy stretches out heaps and it's quite an uncomfortable feeling, all that skin stretching. ( I reccomend bio therm citrus moisturizer to prevent stretch marks - I used it with my first and didn't get a single mark.). Then from then you can feel little butterflie in your tummy - that's the baby moving. then there's the honey moon as I call it from 16-30 weeks.vyou feel great and glow, but from 30 weeks I found I was a bowling ball and had to wake myself up to turn over in bed at night. Frm 34 you just want it out!! So hang in there and try to enjoy the first trimester, ESP of you don't feel any sickness as its the easiest time ( so long as you're not throwing up constantly!).
    We are all incredibly lucky and grateful to be pregnant, and I think it's great that you aren't sick. I reckon you'll go on to have many more bubs....and I reckon the one you've got in your tummy is a stickie so hang out a few more weeks and it'll become more real to you. aFM I'm 11 + 4 today. It's been such a slow and long 11 weeks but the MS is improving. Still on Zofran twice a day (rather than 3) and still chucking but it's slowly improving.....
    Thanks for the reply Gampa - I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Nearly at 12 weeks how exciting - I cannot believe we've only got 2 weeks to go until we get there ourselves! I have been so bloated since day dot and my bloating has actually gone down a fair bit in the last couple of days but still have a definite bump already! Great tip about the stretch mark cream - I do like biotherm products. I was going to use bio oil as I have heaps at home, also heard that normal baby oil works - but at the end of the day it is oil and feels oily, surprise surprise lol! I think we'll be fine and I feel very blessed that I haven't had bad MS at all, it's just mentally difficult trying to keep things in my head positive - at the end of the day I am only going to let severe pain or bleeding bother me, apart from that we've seen a strong heartbeat twice now, we saw bubs moving last time, so by all accounts everything is fine - come on two weeks hehe!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely love that announcement!!

I dont know how I am going to announce to our friends as yet. Family we just kind of blurted to as they kew we were going through IVF. That was just parents and siblings. Still a huge amount of people to announce to when the time is right.

I have mt NT scan tomorrow. Nervous but very glad the time has almost come.

Ladies do you know what is safe to take for a headache? I had the worst headache yesterday I had warm bath slept, sit in bottom of hot shower. Then it progressed to migraine. I eventually caved and had a panadol I would have preferred a bullet then spent the entire night vomitting, I am still extremely unwell from this headache
    Aww Meshell you poor thing....I've heard panadol is fine but honestly I have stayed away from everything even when I have a bad headache - I just drink lots of water and try to relax - yours sounds a lot more severe though so I would call your FS to see what they recommend for migraines...NT scan tomorrow oh my gosh so exciting xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you Gampa

I was googling last night as to whether I could take panadol I was very reluctant and I dont want to have anything that could harm baby. But I was in so much agony. Hubby wouldnt give in and buy me panadol til I was vomitting from pain. Even then he was hesitant. is there a number I can call for times like this? like a midwife or something? I am having baby in public system and I am just not sure who to speak with for assistance over matters like that.
    Hi Meshell,

Headaches suck and I think the pregnancy ones are worse.
    I have had a couple of killer migraines and wasn't sure what I could take. Called my GP and my clinic and the chemist (a bit neurotic I know) and they all said that panadol, panadeine and mersyndol are all class A meds which mean that they are all fine for pregnancy.
    Nurofen and disprin etc. are big no no's though.
    They also all said that I was better off to take something than to struggle through it. HTH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.safefetus.com is a great site if you are unsure!
    Scan in an hour.. So scared!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for the scan Adden

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best adden enjoy seeing your Bubba.

Mesh each state has a number you can call to speak to a nurse re: Med issues concerns. I called it a few times in qld when ds had croup and they were fantastic. I can get the Vic and qld ones if they would help.

Sl. I'm feeling the same atm. I'm 8 wks 2 days and have only seen baby once at 6 weeks. Am hating the wait and am even contemplating hiring a Doppler thing.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone!
    Scan was great! HB at 150!!! So happy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adden - That's awesome so good to hear.

Baby is making me sick today Hanging out for my 20 week scan now, feels like it's been absolutely ages since I have seen our little peanut. I find myself worrying again now that not all is going well. I can't wait to start feeling it move so I can monitor how it's going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Attachment 24536

I just made my pregnancy announcement and wanted to share it with you all!

Im announcing so early because my DH is going to america for 2 weeks on tuesday and spending time with family. they all know we have been through IVF, so are going to ask. I figure this will be more fun for him than repeating either a lie or trying to see everyone so he can tell them himself!!!

anyways.. going to announce after my scan (all going well!)
    what do you think???

probably the hardest photo shoot ever! I had to bribe DS with food and taking his shoes off (note last photo!! hahaha)

hope you are all having a great weekend!
    was just able to see this post properly as it didn't come up on my phone - how adorable - very very sweet!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

adden  (23-07-2012)