Closed Thread
Page 63 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    That's great news sl.

Question is there a reason you are having so many scans. I had my viability one at 6wks 2 days then don't have another till my 12 week one.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    Thank you - yes there is a reason and that is because we were anxious after having a m/c in the past. We asked our doc for 2 extra referrals so we could squeeze one in every 2 weeks from the first to the 12 week one. May be a tad overboard but hanging so much to see bubs each time x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Thank you - yes there is a reason and that is because we were anxious after having a m/c in the past. We asked our doc for 2 extra referrals so we could squeeze one in every 2 weeks from the first to the 12 week one. May be a tad overboard but hanging so much to see bubs each time x

Hi yip were the same. They are scanning me every week as we had a miscarriage last time too so it's probably overboard but I think when you've had a miscarriage it makes you so anxious.cand for us we didn't know the baby was dead and plodded on merrily thinking we were pregnant. Imagine my horror at 12 weeks to see a dead baby. It's something I'll never forget so for me a scan every week is more for my mental state than anything. But I think weekly scans is the norm whe you've had a loss.cmy friends said the same after they lost one too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have had a few as well, but I think that was because of the weeks that we fell on, though not sure
    one at 7 weeks
    one at 9 weeks
    our NT at 12 weeks.
    then we have another in a week which will be 14 weeks. Then I think we are on a monthly scan till 8 months.
    We thought it was because the 6 or 7 week scan is the last IVF scan and then you start at the OB at around 9-10 weeks.
    Having said that this is our first so we know no different. We seem to having more than a friend of ours.
    Also our OB has a u/s thing in his room, so we get to have a look every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love some extras to be honest. I agree its great to see and reassure us things are ok.

Went private with Ds but we are thinking going public this time as we are moving interstate within the last 2 months of pregnancy.

Definitely think you get more with private just don't want to pay the big management fee if we won't be delivering with that doctor.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a dating scan at 7+5 weeks, then another scan at our first OB appt at 10 weeks. The first NT scan at 11+5 weeks but bub was moving too much to measure the nuchal fold so had a second NT scan at 13+3weeks. Now we don't have another one until morphology at 18-20 weeks.
    But come 3rd trimester we will probably be on weekly or fortnightly scans due to the risks that can be associated with a low PAPP-A reading.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

SL - Great news about your scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed I had my last BT at my clinic for a while! Just waiting on the results, hopefully everything is at the level it should be... its funny even though everything has been going well so far I can't help but feel anxious... I don't have much typical pregnancy symptons so its very hard to beleive that it is actually happening... hanging out for my first appointment with my OB on Friday also, he has a ultrasound in his office so will hopefully get to see bub again... I tell you this process sux! All the waiting and not knowing... I am such an impatient person so I am really not suited to this at all.

Hope you are all well today!

XXA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    Hi Ladies

SL - Great news about your scan!
    Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Fingers crossed I had my last BT at my clinic for a while! Just waiting on the results, hopefully everything is at the level it should be... its funny even though everything has been going well so far I can't help but feel anxious... I don't have much typical pregnancy symptons so its very hard to beleive that it is actually happening... hanging out for my first appointment with my OB on Friday also, he has a ultrasound in his office so will hopefully get to see bub again... I tell you this process sux! All the waiting and not knowing... I am such an impatient person so I am really not suited to this at all.

Hope you are all well today!

XXA
    I hear you it's such a waiting game! Hope all goes well with BT results x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfmum09 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Still reading but so sick i cant be bothered logging in to post.

Im 12 1/2 weeks now and no end in sight to this dreadful all day sickness, not as bad as some others get it but still its yuck.

I had a episode on Sunday, when i went to the toilet there was some pink CM/blood but was a once off, and im now a nervous wreck. The nurse told me to go to ED if it happens again.

To the PP that is worried about not getting morning sickness, there is no link to sickness and pregnancy being healthy/unhealthy, everyone is different.

With my DD who is nearly 3yrs old i only got mild nausea for 3weeks at 6-9weeks.

I was pregnant in Feb/March was was sick from week 4 until i had a D & C, i had a empty sac, but still was as sick as.

This pregnancy it came on at 7w and still around 5weeks later. I just wish we didnt have to put up with it.

anyway, hi to everyone ill read up again soon.

ivfmum
    Hi there,
    poor you. I really feel for you with the MS. It's really awful isn't it. I sympathize.
    have you tried Zofran. It's the only thing that keeps me sane!

ive been admitted twice this pregnancy for hyper Emesis. Just dreadful so I really do understand how terribly debilitating it is esp when you have another child to look after. It's so hard to be an up beat mum when you are throwing up behind trees at the park! Or feeling so I'll 24/7.

Ty the Zofran regularly rather than a one off. It's the only thing that's helped me.

Keep well. Thinking of you and all the other mums out there with MS