Closed Thread
Page 59 of 150 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfmum09 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Wonderful news reading everyones scans are going well.

gampa, so glad to hear you are home from hospital. What is the plan of action for you now? Just to keep going as you are? are you on any medication now?

Well as for me, i had my NT scan during the week and got low risk, which is good because with DD we had a very high chance of T21, and all was well.

ivfmum
    Phi congrats on your scan, so exciting. It's becoming real isn't it!

my MS is still severe and I am on Zofran 8 hourly. If I miss a dose horrendous nausea and vomiting starts so I'm being pretty religious about not missing it. The only side effect is it is dreadfully constipation ( sorry TMI!). I'm just over 10 weeks now and it should ease off at 12 weeks .the only positive side I've lost 8kg! In weight as I just can't eat anything. For breakfast I can eat a slice plain toast, lunch I'm lucky to get a muffin down and dinner plain rice. It's very debilitating but I'm trying not to end up in hospital again that's my aim. In 2 weeks when it eases off I'll catch up with the eating.

Everyone else - sorry didn't mean to worry you if you don't have MS. Not everyone gets it and there is a percentage of people who get it severely. If you don't have MS it doesn't mean you're going to miscarry.

I have a check scan next week on Friday then my nuchal the following week.

Hope everyone's feeling well and enjoying the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pheewww! Thanks ladies for the re-assurance. I'm my own enemy as anything is getting me a little worried being the first time and all. I have my 7 week scan in thursday Can't wait, I think that will settle me more, then another scan 2nd of April with the OB. Ok positive thinking from now on, once again ladies thanks x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bambean For This Useful Post:

adden  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks everyone!
    I have just started zofran - one a day
    Im not actually sick, just severely bad nausea, so not sure it works for me. Will stop taking it on monday if I get no relief.

I also have really bad constipation - sorry TMI (I also think cause my progesterone is so high!) so the zofran is making it all worse. Taking a laxative cause I'm not doing so great!

I hadn't heard that MS could mean a lesser chance of miscarriage.. I just keep telling myself its a reminder that I'm pregnant!

How is everyone sleeping? I keep waking at around 4-5am and I'm so tired I have to nap when DS naps.. but my housework is certainly piling up!!!
    I tried staying up till 10 last night (thats way late for us!! haha!) and i was up at 4.45am again. so frustrating! I know its just my baby getting me ready for those long nights in the first year! hahahahaha

I have a BT tomorrow.. praying those numbers are still going up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    Bambean - every pregnancy is different & you may be one of the lucky ones that doesn't suffer with ms. Or you could get around 8 weeks, that's when alot of people start getting it.

Try not to stress (hard I know) and stay away from google!!
    Yeah, google is eeeevilll!
    You are just lucky!! i wish i didn't have it!!!!
    I had it my last cycle too only from Pregnyl.. not even being pregnant!
    I think I'm just the unlucky one that has a weak tum tum!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    thanks everyone!
    Im not actually sick, just severely bad nausea, so not sure it works for me. Will stop taking it on monday if I get no relief.

I also have really bad constipation - sorry TMI (I also think cause my progesterone is so high!) so the zofran is making it all worse. Taking a laxative cause I'm not doing so great!

I hadn't heard that MS could mean a lesser chance of miscarriage.. I just keep telling myself its a reminder that I'm pregnant!

How is everyone sleeping? I keep waking at around 4-5am and I'm so tired I have to nap when DS naps.. but my housework is certainly piling up!!!
    I tried staying up till 10 last night (thats way late for us!! haha!) and i was up at 4.45am again. so frustrating! I know its just my baby getting me ready for those long nights in the first year! hahahahaha

Hi ya,
    Re sleep I'm the same - wake at 4 am! I have a DD and I remember from her that I woke as well at that time. I reckon it's preparing us for endless nights of disrupted sleep and night time feeds!! My DD is 3 1/2 yrs so doesn't nap at day Any more so I'm usually in bed by 8 pm!

Zofran will take away nausea and allow you to eat. But you have have to take it twice a day to get sustained relief.

Oh I hate MS! Counting down the days til it goes. Only 13 To go!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

adden  (15-07-2012),mrsoptomistic  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    so, I think I have developed a Lactose Intolerance again... Anyone else experience anything similar? When I was a baby (so my mum tells me) I had to have goats milk and soy products because I had an allergy/intolerance to milk. My husband was the same funnily enough. I apparently "grew" out of it and have had no issues with my first pregnancy at all and my daughter has no issues with milk either. Now though, I can't even have milk on my cereal without writhing in agony within a few hours and (TMI) ending up with severe diahorrea! I thought this was just part and parcel of my morning sickness, but clearly not! Arrgghh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to have a gluten intolerance and then I changed my lifestyle and I could tolerate it again but now being pregnant it's starting again. *shrugs* who knows anything Is possible. Apparently there is a vitamin that lives in the fridge at the chemist that you can take during your pregnancy that will help your unborn child be born without allergies and eczema and such........FYI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Phi congrats on your scan, so exciting. It's becoming real isn't it!

my MS is still severe and I am on Zofran 8 hourly. If I miss a dose horrendous nausea and vomiting starts so I'm being pretty religious about not missing it. The only side effect is it is dreadfully constipation ( sorry TMI!). I'm just over 10 weeks now and it should ease off at 12 weeks .the only positive side I've lost 8kg! In weight as I just can't eat anything. For breakfast I can eat a slice plain toast, lunch I'm lucky to get a muffin down and dinner plain rice. It's very debilitating but I'm trying not to end up in hospital again that's my aim. In 2 weeks when it eases off I'll catch up with the eating.

Everyone else - sorry didn't mean to worry you if you don't have MS. Not everyone gets it and there is a percentage of people who get it severely. If you don't have MS it doesn't mean you're going to miscarry.

I have a check scan next week on Friday then my nuchal the following week.

Hope everyone's feeling well and enjoying the weekend.
    It sounds like you're going through such a touch time Gampa you poor love

Great news you're no longer in hospital - praying it stays that way for you and you get better really soon. If anything you know you are having really good pregnancy signs : )

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    thanks everyone!

Hearing you on the sleeping adden....I was pretty bad a few weeks ago, then I got better, but now am waking up in the middle of the night again every night...pretty frustrating. I'm very fortunate that my DH drives us to work back and forth every day so if I need to (which I do most of the time) I can nap in the car. For sure it's getting us ready for sleepless nights with bubs lol!

Good luck with your BT - looking forward to hearing your results

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    so, I think I have developed a Lactose Intolerance again... Anyone else experience anything similar? When I was a baby (so my mum tells me) I had to have goats milk and soy products because I had an allergy/intolerance to milk. My husband was the same funnily enough. I apparently "grew" out of it and have had no issues with my first pregnancy at all and my daughter has no issues with milk either. Now though, I can't even have milk on my cereal without writhing in agony within a few hours and (TMI) ending up with severe diahorrea! I thought this was just part and parcel of my morning sickness, but clearly not! Arrgghh!
    ouch! you poor thing - hope you find a solution soon, unfortunately I have no info on this...x