Closed Thread
Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scan was great. Am so happy and feel so blessed. Was reading some other sites in the waiting room and feel so sad for so many other couples. Want to pass on some of my positive vibes so they know they are not alone.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (09-07-2012),mrsoptomistic  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies,

Dragonfly, wonderful news on your scan. How many weeks are you? Was this your first scan?

meshell, i am not educated well enough in the asprin etc department, some FS/DR prescribe it to help maintain a pregnancy if the patient has issues with blood disorders etc. Im sorry to hear about your friend. I would say that it was a coincidence that they load their baby.

I have a blood clotting disorder and used clexane during a couple of ivf cycles but id made no difference to me.

Only a few days until our NT scan

ivfmum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi ladies

I have a question about aspirin. Why do they prescribe it? Also is it Baby Aspirin or just normal aspirin?
    A freind of mine has two children which she conceived whilst on clomid she was told she would ever conceive without help of meds and she has. Anywho she has had issues with pre eclampsia and so forth so due to her blood pressure doctor told her she had to take 1 aspro to sort her out since she took it she started crampig and bleeding and went on to miscarry the following day.
    Meshell - My FS put me on clexane for this cycle which is a blood thinner as well and I finally for my BFP. I also don't have any clotting disorders. Finished clexane and now my OB has put me on cartia once a day to try and help with potential problems such as pre-eclampsia and as such as the low papp-a results indicated that this could be a problem. She was very firm with me not to take anything over 100mg/day. Aspro in full dose has about 300mg if I remember correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Hey SL we are down for Friday, hope it is the 3D one.

Hey a friend of mine was never given the option for an NT scan for her first bubs saying she was low risk, though she was 34 then, now 36 with her next one and again isn't having it. If you conceive naturally do you not have to go thru it? I thought you did and DH and I find it strange that they aren't having one esp given her age? Or told to have one esp as we have the same ob and midwife. Or are we more prone as we are IVF?

Enjoy your weekend mumma bears
    That would be pretty cool if it's a 3D one, although they do freak me out a little, lol!! I had never heard of the downs test thing as being a standard test until now so maybe it is just something they throw in with IVF patients to give them extra assurance that all is going well....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfmum09 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Sorry havent read back but trying to catch up on everyone.

Grebbeci - I too had the same issue with DD now nearly 3. My NT results were 1-153 for down syndrome. We had a nucal fold of under 1mm, so my OB wasnt concerned about that.

The IVF was the issue because the pappa a was out apparently.

We choose not to have any CVS or amnio and at the 19w scan our DDs heart,nasal bone etc was all perfect.

I have my NT with this pregnancy on Thursday, i am not looking forward to the results again, even though i know they may be high risk and for no real reason.

Hi to everyone else.
    good luck for thursday : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi ladies

I have a question about aspirin. Why do they prescribe it? Also is it Baby Aspirin or just normal aspirin?
    A freind of mine has two children which she conceived whilst on clomid she was told she would ever conceive without help of meds and she has. Anywho she has had issues with pre eclampsia and so forth so due to her blood pressure doctor told her she had to take 1 aspro to sort her out since she took it she started crampig and bleeding and went on to miscarry the following day.
    Meshell I agree with broomdyke it wouldn't have been the aspirin. I am on both aspirin & clexane injections daily which is all about blood thinning and blood flow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Scan was great. Am so happy and feel so blessed. Was reading some other sites in the waiting room and feel so sad for so many other couples. Want to pass on some of my positive vibes so they know they are not alone.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    Weldone darling, you must be so relieved xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    8 weeks tomorrow yipppeeeeeeeeee

Meshell you must be so excited your ticker is going under 30 weeks soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Been reading everyone's posts, glad to hear everyone is going well.

Iteresting discussions re nuchal scans etc - thanks for the info...

aFM - sorry to harp on about it but MS terrible. Vomiting every day 2-3 times esp in am and when I'm tired after work. Have been put on regular Zofran, but i feel bad im taking it but know I couldn't get through the day with out it. Just had to have an intravenous infusion of fluids thru a drip at hospital as I'm so dehydrated.....feeling really sorry for myself , I'm 9 weeks and 4 days and MS won't go til 12 weeks , sometimes I wonder how I'm going to make it. I feel dreadfully seasick evey minute of the day and I'm so tired of vomiting.....I'm so happy I'm pregnant but so tired of feeling seedy. Even my little girl I'd to me today- " mummy what's wrong - you're always sick"........

Anyone tried accupuncture for Ms?, have tired ginger, peppermint, licorice, crackers. You name it....

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Gampa,

I've also struggled badly with MS. I try not to let myself get hungry and for some strange reason fruit tingles help a bit. Other than that I have no miracle cure, I have noticed it is much worse if I am tired or haven't had much water. Oh, and munching on burger rings.