Due in January 2013
7th - Kell72
10th - LillyPonds
10th - Grebbeci
11th - Motherwillbe
15th - Mammainwaiting
16th - Beta
23rd - MrsP
23rd - Nala9000
24th - Beeanksta
25th - ivfmum09
28th - Mrs E 116
Due in February 2013
6th - Meshell23
6th - Broomdyke
7th - khutch
8th - gampa
16th - Bindi1
19th - SL1009
21st - Nebiskus
22nd - Dextersmum
Due in March 2013
Our Precious Angels
Scans & Appointments
Mammainwaiting - NT Scan 5th July
SL1009 - 1st OB Appt 6th July
Broomdyke - talk & tour @ birth centre 10 July
Grebbeci - 2nd app OB, 12 July
Nala9000 - NT scan 13 July
LillyPonds - OB 19th July
Mrs E 116 - NT Scan 20th July
BronwynCJ - 1st OB 20th July
MESHELL23 - Scan 7 week 22.6.12 & NT 30.7.12
Nala9000 - OB 25th July
Gampa - NT Scan 1st August
LillyPonds - Morph Scan 16th August
To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off .
Broomdyke - Below is a break down on what they do at the Morph scan.
Meshell - I won't criticise you cause I feel the same and so does my DH. I just couldn't deal with a special needs child. But I firmly believe that God chooses those who are strong enough to handle special needs.Morphology Scan - Second Trimester
- Fetal number
- Fetal cardiac activity
- Placental position
- liquor volume
- Fetal morphology
- Fetal biometry
Detailed fetal morphology protocol ( for increased risk of abnormaliites, or if abnormality found)
- Placental views long / transverse
- Internal os view in midline with measurement to lower placental edge
- Deepest Pool of liquor
- Images of fetal heart
- Documentation of all structures
- Measure BPD / HC
- Cerebellum / cisterna magna with nuchal skin thickness
- Choroid plexus assessment
- Lateral ventricle measurement at trigone
- Coronal view of orbits
- Nose / lips
- Nasal bone
- Coronal or Sagital of entire spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral regions)
- Transverse assessment of entire spine
- M-mode trace
- Clipstore of 4 chamber heart
- Abdominal situs (stomach, ivc, aorta)
- 4 chamber view
- Outflow tracts - rvot / lvot
- 3 vessel view - rvot / aorta / svc and trachea
- Colour image of "arch" or "arrow view"
- Colour image showing intraventricular septum (ivs)
- Coronal abdomen with bladder and stomach
- Coronal aortic bifurcation - colour
- Coronal diaphram
- Measure Abdominal circumference (AC)
- Transverse cord insertion
- Colour image showing umbilical arteries
- Kidneys and Urinary Tract
- Transverse kidneys at hilum
- Coronal kidneys
- Transverse bladder
- Femur, humerus, tibia/fibula, ulnar/radius on both sides
- Views of both wrists (showing normal angle of the hand to the radius and ulna)
- Identificaation of the digits in each hand with normal positions
- Views of both ankles showing the orientation of plantar plane of the foot to the tibia/fibula
Grebbeci - Good Luck today. Hoping all will be well and they have just given you a fright.
So how far along do u get the morph scan?
I'm the same I'm slender build and quite athletic although I have given up the gym for now and my stomach is just huge from all this medication and I am just so bloated. If I was to keep wearing my normal clothes for sure people would start asking that's why I need to get under the radar asap lol! I'm the same with boobs too - usually they are non existent and now they are looking great lol!!!
Broomdyke - Your about 19 weeks when your morph scan is done. I booked mine when we paid for our NT scan yesterday.
Meshell - I believe that children do have a sixth sense so to speak and not always with just pregnancy. I've found if a child doesn't like someone there is usually a very good reason why. So I always listen to them if they don't like someone.
SL - That's exactly what we think with the Downs. If we have gone through all of this to have a downs baby then it must be meant to be.
Appointment went fine today. Dr mentioned that whilst low PAPP-A was a marker for Downs that none of her patients had every had a +ve amnio or downs birth after only showing Papp-A as a marker. She is a little more cautious of the other implications though, my PAPP-A was 0.29 when it's meant to be at least over one and it can lead to complications such as placental problems, blood pressure problems, pre-eclampsia and bubs not growing properly. So I am on low dose aspirin (well it was nice to be medication free for almost a week), and will have more regular scans after week 28 and have strict instructions to watch my diet as she doesn't want me putting on ANY weight in the pregnancy. (I have been a bit overweight since TTC).
DH has been given strict instructions to remove all junk food from the house and to never give in to any junk food cravings.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!