Closed Thread
Page 42 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Just checking in - would love to be part of the FB group if someone can "friend" me. Email is khutch@live.com.au. RE: telling people the pregnancy was via IVF. I have told quite a few people (now we are pregnant) but didnt tell people while we were going through the process (apart from family and my BFF) We aren't ashamed of the reasons for it and when anyone asks, it is about "our" fertility issues. I suppose our IVF journey has been trivialised, or seen as a little "less acute" than others given we had a DD concieved naturally. And it was our first IVF attempt too - we were very lucky. Although I think secondary infertility can be just as distressing! Anyway am 9 weeks on Thursday - can't wait for my scan on 16 July (not sure if its the NT scan?) but it'll be my first appointment with the OBGYN. Anyway thinking of you SL1009 - hope the scan goes great!

Happy pregnancy to all

K x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sl009 good luck for ur upcoming scan.

Lillyponds- I got a whole folder of pictures of the scans. It is great!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherwillbe For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now it's one more sleep - only a day and a half until we get to see bubba for the first time - praying everything is as it should be!

How are you all traveling today??

X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tmi but I don't let anything inside me but there are other things that can be done lmao
    Being pregnant has excelled my sex drive :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    Hi Ladies

Just checking in - would love to be part of the FB group if someone can "friend" me. Email is khutch@live.com.au. RE: telling people the pregnancy was via IVF. I have told quite a few people (now we are pregnant) but didnt tell people while we were going through the process (apart from family and my BFF) We aren't ashamed of the reasons for it and when anyone asks, it is about "our" fertility issues. I suppose our IVF journey has been trivialised, or seen as a little "less acute" than others given we had a DD concieved naturally. And it was our first IVF attempt too - we were very lucky. Although I think secondary infertility can be just as distressing! Anyway am 9 weeks on Thursday - can't wait for my scan on 16 July (not sure if its the NT scan?) but it'll be my first appointment with the OBGYN. Anyway thinking of you SL1009 - hope the scan goes great!

Happy pregnancy to all

K x
    hi there,

i agree. i told someone at work who i thought was my friend we were starting IVF and she was so judgemental, said i had my DD conceived naturally as well so why did i need IVF and then to add insult to injury said that shed tried for 3 years so i should wait that long too!. when i pointed out that i was 37! and she was 33! and that makes a huge difference in terms of fertility so just didnt agree. after that i said nothing to anyone except my best friend.

Secondary infertility, especially when there is no cause, like for us, is really hard and people do judge and think because you have one child you are not as deserving or that if the IVF doesnt work "thats ok you have one".

we too were lucky and were successful on our second round of IVF which i think compared to a lot of girls out there who have done it so many times is lucky, but that doesnt take away the associated agony, pain, emotional investment that everyone commits when they start IVF. it was the hardest thing ive ever done and dont wish it on anyone.

Im 8+5 today and going for a scan this am. im pretty sure everythings ok as im vomiting constantly and so debilitated by morning sickness, havent even had the energy to check in here very much. My DH is a bit tired of the running to the loo to vomit and my 3 year old said "mummyy do you have a virus?"!!, when i said no its the baby she said "oh thats not a nice baby perhaps you should take it back to the shops!". my 3 year old has nicknames the baby "coco" and we've gone with "coco channel" - as it cost do damned much!

Im so huge- cant understand why im putting on weight esp when i cant keep much down. with my first i weighed 55kg didnt put on a kilo, this time im showing already and weigh 65kg, i feel sooo fat and awful as im usually a size 8 andnow im a 14. /..... sorry for winging having a rough vomit day -feel fat frumpy and old...

will check in later after my scan results.
    SL1009 - good luck - i bet theres twins in there!!

gamps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best sl today you are rewarded for all your hard work.

Mother, so glad you got pics. I found with my Ds (went private) the doc was happy to give me a pic every visit I just had to ask plus it is great to look back at the different stages.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having sex its what ever your comfortable with yourself. If ya have the need go for it, happy mums=happy bubs I say. I look more forward to sleep though so dh will have to wait the sleepy stage wears off.

To all you with Ms when did this kick in and if you have any kids already did you have it with them. My mum had 1 boy and 1 girl and reckons that Ms is a good sign of having a girl. Old wises tale probably but has seemed to be proven right with most of my friends.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh its gillint by the way, just changed my name: )

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Sl - Yes I'm ok no problems as I had just pulled out of the carpark and was driving down the driveway to get off site. lol. Anyway work is going to pay for and fix the damage to the other car. Ours is just a buff and we'll do that no biggie just get the other car fixed.

1 more sleep!

Meshell - We haven't stopped having sex. I just don't have the energy ATM so it hasn't been a frequent as normal. But It is totally up to yiu if you do it or you wit til the 2nd trimester.

Dragonfly - I had MS will my Ds and DD1 & DD2 so it didn't make any difference to weather I was carrying a girl or boy. This pregnancy however is completely different to my last ones as I've had virtually no MS. My MS usually kicks in at around 6 weeks. I have heard if your all belly then it's a boy and if you carry in your back it's a girl or vise versa lol. I can't remember.

There are so many wives tales out there. You can try the whole wedding ring thing and see what that says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi ladies hope everyone is travelling well. Just a quick question from me is anyoe doing the deed at this early stage of pregnancy I have told hubby absolutely no way is he putting his thing any where near me well firstly I do not feel like it and secondly I want to wait til second trimester til we do to ensure cervix is closed up nicely I have had no spotting whatsover and I dont want to go aving sex and iritating my cervix and having a freak out. What are eveyone elses views on this.
    Lol NO WAY he is not coming near me!!! Whilst in normal circumstances I would bring it on, absolutely no no no!! Come too far to 'move or break anything'

Of course this medically is ridiculous and I'm sure it's fine....but I will be waiting until a few weeks in to 2nd tri or maybe we'll just suffer for the whole 9 months hmm not sure if I can do that though - the thought of it terrifies me at the moment though, lol!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    hi there,

i agree. i told someone at work who i thought was my friend we were starting IVF and she was so judgemental, said i had my DD conceived naturally as well so why did i need IVF and then to add insult to injury said that shed tried for 3 years so i should wait that long too!. when i pointed out that i was 37! and she was 33! and that makes a huge difference in terms of fertility so just didnt agree. after that i said nothing to anyone except my best friend.

Secondary infertility, especially when there is no cause, like for us, is really hard and people do judge and think because you have one child you are not as deserving or that if the IVF doesnt work "thats ok you have one".

we too were lucky and were successful on our second round of IVF which i think compared to a lot of girls out there who have done it so many times is lucky, but that doesnt take away the associated agony, pain, emotional investment that everyone commits when they start IVF. it was the hardest thing ive ever done and dont wish it on anyone.

Im 8+5 today and going for a scan this am. im pretty sure everythings ok as im vomiting constantly and so debilitated by morning sickness, havent even had the energy to check in here very much. My DH is a bit tired of the running to the loo to vomit and my 3 year old said "mummyy do you have a virus?"!!, when i said no its the baby she said "oh thats not a nice baby perhaps you should take it back to the shops!". my 3 year old has nicknames the baby "coco" and we've gone with "coco channel" - as it cost do damned much!

Im so huge- cant understand why im putting on weight esp when i cant keep much down. with my first i weighed 55kg didnt put on a kilo, this time im showing already and weigh 65kg, i feel sooo fat and awful as im usually a size 8 andnow im a 14. /..... sorry for winging having a rough vomit day -feel fat frumpy and old...

will check in later after my scan results.
    SL1009 - good luck - i bet theres twins in there!!

gamps
    Aww sweetie I hope you feel better soon - how did you go with your scan??? You are about a week and a half in front of me and I am really not that sick - I mean I am feeling crap overall in general but no vomiting or anything yet...maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones BUT it is nice to be sick at this stage so you know all is ok, sounds silly!!

Bless your little daughter "coco" lol too cute xx