Closed Thread
Page 40 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Motherwillbe, if you make your last day COB on the 26th December, you will only have to work Monday 24th and then get the 2 public holidays (if you are counting days to make up to a time period...)?! I have been, and have to, because I will need to use my long service leave. The best time to use that apparently is when there are no public holidays (because they count as a normal day - for me anyway)... so making sure my timing works out is important to be able to squeeze every paid day I can into my time off! I have been with my current employer for ages so have a good amount of entitlement banked up. Unfortunately with the size of our mortgage I couldn't afford to be off work with no pay for a period of time... (

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear u on the mortgage front! I'm lucky with work because we get paid may leave plus an additional weeks leave every Christmas as our office closes.

If I don't work up till 21 dec I won't get the additional weeks leave, it will come off my maternity leave balance instead. So I'm trying to maximize my leave but I really wanted to go off from15 dec as time will fly over That Christmas period. Anyway I guess I'll just work as far as I can because then I'll have 7 months off! I can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    I was thinking today about when I'll start my maternity leave.

Can any mums share their experience in those last few weeks leading up to your due date? I'd like to work Up as close as I can but another part of me wants to take some extra time as it will be my last chance to do things before the baby comes, even if that means just lying on the lounge watching tv.

I already have a 0 care factor about work. All I can think about is the baby hehe
    Lol I'm not even 7 weeks yet and feel the same. Ive had no past experience with mat leave but one of my friends had her little girl end of Feb this year and she was off work from the Christmas break up in December last year. She had saved up 4 weeks leave which she took first, then her mat leave, then I guess the govt leave and then I think she would have accumulated more annual leave so she is taking total of one year off and coming back at the start of 2013...

I guess it really depends on how you are feeling too closer to the time xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell
    An offsider does the scan for NT. dr Carmody comes in during the Morph scan apparently.
    The rooms are nice, my husband didn't like the woman doing our scan, she was a bit abrupt but got better as the scan went on.
    I tried explaining to my husband that OB and docs always tell you the worst case scenario and then are quite nice!
    Are you going to Wesley or Sunnybank?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell - Give your clinic a call and see if they'll slip you in for a scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I phoned them and they said I am now in the hands of my GP lol. I will go to Gp this arv and get a referral for scan.
    Bugga. Well worth a try. Hopefully your GP can organise the referal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on telling people that their pregnancy was from IVF? I am so ecstatic that modern medicine has been able to help me that I tell anyone who will listen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell - how did you go getting your scan? That's a bummer your FS wouldn't do it, mine gave me another scan at 8 weeks cause I was freaking out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LillyPond, Thank-you so much for the Downs info. Hoping l get my results tomorrow. Trying not to worry. Hoping you are going great.

Hi SL1009, Look luck for your scan. l think your bt results are quite high. l think you might be having twins. lf there is twins, it is the best. l loved every minute. Please let me know how you go and if there is one or two bubs. Such a exciting time.

Hi Motherwillbe, Congrats on making it to 12 weeks. So exciting. l watch one born every minute to. l just love it. Can be scary. l remember being put in hosiptal at 36 weeks pregnant with my twins. At night l would hear screams of woman in labour. l was so scared. Seems funny now. l have no idea about the pain. l had a c-section. The girls in my Mothers Group, just say take the drugs if you need them. l am 13 weeks today.

Hope everyone is going great. Kel x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kell72 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on telling people that their pregnancy was from IVF? I am so ecstatic that modern medicine has been able to help me that I tell anyone who will listen!
    Hey smyles DH and I have decided to keep it quiet there are only a couple of our very close friends and family that know and everyone else is in the dark.