Closed Thread
Page 37 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sl009 I just wanted to let u know I have had spotting on and off since week 8 and I'm now 12 weeks and still get it every three to four days. It's strange cause it's only when I wipe and sometimes there is a fair bit but after I wipe....nothing! Bubs is ok so I guess the bleeding is just normal for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Wow they are absolutely fabulous readings! No wonder you guys are over the moon. Evidence to worry a lot less
    Thanks Beta definitely will have a good sleep tonight xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    CMV is cytomegalovirus. It's part of the TORCH complex of viruses that are harmful in pregnancy. (TO= toxoplasmosis, R= rubella, C = cytomegalovirus, and H = herpes). You are screened on blood tests when you get pregnant. Most of us would have had these tsts as part of work up for IVf. If you haven't been go and get it done, your GP will know. Most people have had CMV as a teenager but there are a percentage of people that haven't- me included. Once you get it you can't get it again as you get immunity. However if you get when you are not pregnant it's no big deal, but if you are in the first trimester and you get one of those viruses it's devastating. cMV causes brain damage, blindness, deafness etc.....most people in first trimester end up loosing the baby, but if you don't then most likely your baby will be severely handicapped. We were almost at second trimester and we got a positive result on blood test and they sent us straight for an ultrasound- baby was dead.....as least we were spared the choice of having to terminate...but it felt like that anyway when labour was induced....... And then a D&C...

My obstetrician has only seen 3 cases in his career- that's how rare it is to get it whilst you are pregnant. Just really bad luck but we had tried for that baby for 18 months so I couldn't understand why me and why when I was pregnant.....then I couldn't get pregnant again for the life of me and ended up on IvF....

However on a happier note I'm 8 weeks today and sick as a dog with morning sickness!!cso I know my little precious bundle is ok even though I'm vomiting 5 times a day!!!

weve all had very different journeys but we are all here now- yippeeeee......
    Wow that's full on Gampa - on to brighter things hey - yaaaay for your little bundle and vomit lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Sl009 I just wanted to let u know I have had spotting on and off since week 8 and I'm now 12 weeks and still get it every three to four days. It's strange cause it's only when I wipe and sometimes there is a fair bit but after I wipe....nothing! Bubs is ok so I guess the bleeding is just normal for me
    Thanks motherwillbe it's definitely good to hear from you ladies on this as it is such a freak out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SL1009,
    Not sure what the Down Syndrome test was called. l had to go to melbourne for it. Half the results are based on the bloodtest and the other half is based on the scan. As it is private it cost $240. Plus the nurse that took my blood said l will be getting a bill for that to. Not sure why l am having bub early. l think maybe becauce my twins were such good weights at 38 weeks he thinks this one will be the same. Abbey was 7.3 pound and Foster was 8 pounds. Hope all is going great with you. Kel

LillyPond,
    Congrats on making it to 12 weeks. We are only 3 days apart on our due dates. can't want to tell everyone. Hope you feel well.
    Talk care Kel

Mich4761,
    So sorry to hear the sad news of your little twins. l have been folowing your story hoping for the best. Wishing you and your husband all the best.
    Take care Kel

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kell72 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls, Gampa those stats make me breath a bit easier and yes blood test will stop me stressing. Will update today. Have a great day everyone tomorrows the weekend and we can sleep in yeah

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 2013

7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    11th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    7th - khutch
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - BronwynCJ
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum

Due in March 2013

Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761

Scans & Appointments
    Bindi1 - Scan 29th June
    Motherwillbe - NT scan 2 July
    BronwynCJ - 1st scan @ 6w5d 4th July
    Beta NT scan 4th July
    Gampa - Scan 4th July
    LillyPonds - NT Scan 5th July
    Mammainwaiting - NT Scan 5th July
    SL1009 - 1st Scan @ 7wk2d 5th July
    SL1009 - 1st OB Appt 6th July
    Grebbeci - 2nd app OB, 12 July
    Nala9000 - NT scan 13 July
    LillyPonds - OB 19th July
    Mrs E 116 - NT Scan 20th July
    BronwynCJ - 1st OB 20th July
    MESHELL23 - Scan 7 week 22.6.12 & NT 30.7.12
    Nala9000 - OB 25th July
    Gampa - NT Scan 1st August

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being

Thanks
    Reviews
    So in bed with a migraine that started off yesterday but Panadol and panadine just wherent cutting it. So much pain went to doc this morning after ob said to get panadine forte. Bloody doc pulled out a Medicine vile wanting to give me a shot in the neck of a Botox type thing... Wtf?? Ahhh no thanks

Can't really read or absorb to much atm so will do personals when this pain is finally gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    So in bed with a migraine that started off yesterday but Panadol and panadine just wherent cutting it. So much pain went to doc this morning after ob said to get panadine forte. Bloody doc pulled out a Medicine vile wanting to give me a shot in the neck of a Botox type thing... Wtf?? Ahhh no thanks

Can't really read or absorb to much atm so will do personals when this pain is finally gone
    Nala YOU ARE KIDDING LOL!!!!! That's insane - imagine getting stabbed in the neck - random!!!! Rest up and hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    Hi SL1009,
    Not sure what the Down Syndrome test was called. l had to go to melbourne for it. Half the results are based on the bloodtest and the other half is based on the scan. As it is private it cost $240. Plus the nurse that took my blood said l will be getting a bill for that to. Not sure why l am having bub early. l think maybe becauce my twins were such good weights at 38 weeks he thinks this one will be the same. Abbey was 7.3 pound and Foster was 8 pounds. Hope all is going great with you. Kel
    Thanks Kel - yeh I've heard it's half about the bloods and half about the scan - just hanging to get past our first scan next week first - can't wait to see little bubba or bubbas - soon to know!! Wow you had a great weight for your twins and to make it to 38 weeks, very good!!