Closed Thread
Page 36 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1500
  1. #351
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Corinda, Brisbane
    Posts
    401
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked
    145
    Reviews
    0
    I am sure everyone is different, but we have our viability scan with the clinic next week just shy of 7 weeks and our first appt with the ob at 9 weeks where she has said she will do a scan. We have already booked our nt scan for 12.5weeks as advised by the ob.
    I have heard that some clinics are more than happy to do extra scans if it reassures you.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone ,

    I have been reading addictively to all of your posts for the last few weeks and would really love to become a part of your fantastic group.

    My IVF journey started because my husband had a vasectomy about 12 years ago. We were so blessed to fall pregnant first go and our DS was born in 2009. As we were so lucky the first time, it didnt really occur to us how hard the IVF rollercoaster could be. We soon learnt of the many dissapointments and just how emotionally and finanically draining it could be cause we did another 4 full stim cycles (1 was cancelled due to not enough follicles) and 1 fozen (and we were prepared for a second frozen that didnt survive the defrost).

    We finally got our BFP confirmed on Monday and Im going for my second blood test tomorrow. We are very excited as this has been a long and exhausting journey (am very inspired by those who have been through many more cycles than I) and pray every day that this bubba is growing healthy and strong.

    I wasnt planning on writing until our first scan which is on the 9th (6wks2days), but really freaking out and could really use you positive support for my recent issue.

    My friend who is 28wks pg emailed me to say that the child care where both our son go called to get her to pick her boy up cause they believed he has slap cheek. She went straight to the docs who have now sent her for an urgent blood test.

    As soon as I read the email I was straight on to google and read that it is extreamely dangerous during the first trimester of pregnancy. Im going to get them to test me tomorrow with my other bloods but Im still feeling sick thinking that our much loved and long awaited for bubba could be in danger.

    I know everyone is constantly nerveously awaiting their next step and wish everyone all the best during this wonderful time in life.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked
    243
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    8 weeks today!! YAY!! Cant wait for my next scan at Ob 16 July!!
    Welcome to the newbies!

  4. #354
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    89
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    That's OK hun; some of us are in the same boat - I wouldn't know what to do past 7 weeks as I've never been that far along before. I hear there is an NT scan which seems to be the next one on people's list - correct me if i'm wrong ladies please - which is to test for down syndrome?? I also see women having 9 week scans...

    I would also love to know the go with everyone's opinions on scans and how often etc. I know from my clinic we have our 7 week and then not another one until 12 weeks. Given our past m/c at around the 7/8 week mark I think I will definitely schedule another, maybe even 2 before our 12 weeks - is this me being paranoid? Only bad thing is that my FS doesn't have a machine so we have to go to a separate ultrasound place and pay, but then we've reached the medicare threshold so should get most of it back anyway - OK I've started rambling lol!

    Thank you
    Hi there,
    re scanning: : normal people (ie non IVF babies) don't even get scanned until 12 weeks. Unless they have a dating scan at 6weeks if LMP not known. vfor us girls with IVF babies on board it's a bit different. Often get scanned to check for multiples or blighted ovum earlier than normal. For me personally I get scanned every 2 weeks as we lost a baby last year under horrendous circumstances. It's a piece of mind thing I I think. Last year we were plodding on thinking everything was normal and then wham....,,,scan- no heart beat- had to deliver.....

    My OB is so nice- he scans me for free whenever I want it. He says if you wana come down just call and I'll scan you - I think he's being super nice given last year but im sure he rolls his eyes every time to go down there!!! But my official scan is with the FS at 8+5 next Wednesday, but get this she charges me $140!! For it yet my OB doesn't charge anything.
    Thinking I'll just go to the OB????

    also any had the flu jab??? My OB said I should as we got CMV (cytomegalovirus) last year that resulted in our babies death, but I'm scared it will affect baby...what do you girls think?? Any advice??

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilllint View Post
    Hi Everyone ,

    I have been reading addictively to all of your posts for the last few weeks and would really love to become a part of your fantastic group.

    My IVF journey started because my husband had a vasectomy about 12 years ago. We were so blessed to fall pregnant first go and our DS was born in 2009. As we were so lucky the first time, it didnt really occur to us how hard the IVF rollercoaster could be. We soon learnt of the many dissapointments and just how emotionally and finanically draining it could be cause we did another 4 full stim cycles (1 was cancelled due to not enough follicles) and 1 fozen (and we were prepared for a second frozen that didnt survive the defrost).

    We finally got our BFP confirmed on Monday and Im going for my second blood test tomorrow. We are very excited as this has been a long and exhausting journey (am very inspired by those who have been through many more cycles than I) and pray every day that this bubba is growing healthy and strong.

    I wasnt planning on writing until our first scan which is on the 9th (6wks2days), but really freaking out and could really use you positive support for my recent issue.

    My friend who is 28wks pg emailed me to say that the child care where both our son go called to get her to pick her boy up cause they believed he has slap cheek. She went straight to the docs who have now sent her for an urgent blood test.

    As soon as I read the email I was straight on to google and read that it is extreamely dangerous during the first trimester of pregnancy. Im going to get them to test me tomorrow with my other bloods but Im still feeling sick thinking that our much loved and long awaited for bubba could be in danger.

    I know everyone is constantly nerveously awaiting their next step and wish everyone all the best during this wonderful time in life.
    Hi gillint

    Welcome to the thread, great to have you hear.
    Congratulations on your BFP. We'd love to hear how your BT results come back tomorrow and very good idea to get checked out for that slap cheek thing too.

    This is a great group of girlies and I am obsessed with Bub hub now lol

    Xx

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    8 weeks today!! YAY!! Cant wait for my next scan at Ob 16 July!!
    Welcome to the newbies!
    Yaaaay Weldone xx

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

    mrsoptomistic  (30-06-2012)

  8. #357
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi there,
    re scanning: : normal people (ie non IVF babies) don't even get scanned until 12 weeks. Unless they have a dating scan at 6weeks if LMP not known. vfor us girls with IVF babies on board it's a bit different. Often get scanned to check for multiples or blighted ovum earlier than normal. For me personally I get scanned every 2 weeks as we lost a baby last year under horrendous circumstances. It's a piece of mind thing I I think. Last year we were plodding on thinking everything was normal and then wham....,,,scan- no heart beat- had to deliver.....

    My OB is so nice- he scans me for free whenever I want it. He says if you wana come down just call and I'll scan you - I think he's being super nice given last year but im sure he rolls his eyes every time to go down there!!! But my official scan is with the FS at 8+5 next Wednesday, but get this she charges me $140!! For it yet my OB doesn't charge anything.
    Thinking I'll just go to the OB????

    also any had the flu jab??? My OB said I should as we got CMV (cytomegalovirus) last year that resulted in our babies death, but I'm scared it will affect baby...what do you girls think?? Any advice??
    That's so nice of your OB to scan you whenever we want. I was a bit worried about booking in extra scans but as I know now that we'll get the majority of it back from Medicare it makes me feel a bit happier to maybe go more often but need to discuss it with DH and see how we go. In our pregnancy we saw the heartbeat at 6wk3d and then a week later it was gone. We're not having our first scan until 7wk2d this time but I have a feeling I'm going to want to go back at least twice before 12 weeks is up just to be able to continue my positive vibes and cut down the stress, lol!

    Flu shot - if your OB says get it, then get it. He knows you the best and will know that there is no danger to you or bubs. What is CMV if you don't mind me asking and how awful that you had to deliver after your m/c - how far along we're you?xx

  9. #358
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked
    131
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    GREAT news girlies - I am soooo happy with our third BT results today - we got a a HCG Level of 45,480 (7,636 one week ago) and Progesterone is at 400. DH and I are absolutely over the moon and we have some breathing space now until our first US next week : ) Yaaaaay
    Wow they are absolutely fabulous readings! No wonder you guys are over the moon. Evidence to worry a lot less

  10. #359
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    89
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    That's so nice of your OB to scan you whenever we want. I was a bit worried about booking in extra scans but as I know now that we'll get the majority of it back from Medicare it makes me feel a bit happier to maybe go more often but need to discuss it with DH and see how we go. In our pregnancy we saw the heartbeat at 6wk3d and then a week later it was gone. We're not having our first scan until 7wk2d this time but I have a feeling I'm going to want to go back at least twice before 12 weeks is up just to be able to continue my positive vibes and cut down the stress, lol!

    Flu shot - if your OB says get it, then get it. He knows you the best and will know that there is no danger to you or bubs. What is CMV if you don't mind me asking and how awful that you had to deliver after your m/c - how far along we're you?xx

    CMV is cytomegalovirus. It's part of the TORCH complex of viruses that are harmful in pregnancy. (TO= toxoplasmosis, R= rubella, C = cytomegalovirus, and H = herpes). You are screened on blood tests when you get pregnant. Most of us would have had these tsts as part of work up for IVf. If you haven't been go and get it done, your GP will know. Most people have had CMV as a teenager but there are a percentage of people that haven't- me included. Once you get it you can't get it again as you get immunity. However if you get when you are not pregnant it's no big deal, but if you are in the first trimester and you get one of those viruses it's devastating. cMV causes brain damage, blindness, deafness etc.....most people in first trimester end up loosing the baby, but if you don't then most likely your baby will be severely handicapped. We were almost at second trimester and we got a positive result on blood test and they sent us straight for an ultrasound- baby was dead.....as least we were spared the choice of having to terminate...but it felt like that anyway when labour was induced....... And then a D&C...

    My obstetrician has only seen 3 cases in his career- that's how rare it is to get it whilst you are pregnant. Just really bad luck but we had tried for that baby for 18 months so I couldn't understand why me and why when I was pregnant.....then I couldn't get pregnant again for the life of me and ended up on IvF....

    However on a happier note I'm 8 weeks today and sick as a dog with morning sickness!!cso I know my little precious bundle is ok even though I'm vomiting 5 times a day!!!

    weve all had very different journeys but we are all here now- yippeeeee......

  11. #360
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    89
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gilllint View Post
    Hi Everyone ,

    I have been reading addictively to all of your posts for the last few weeks and would really love to become a part of your fantastic group.

    My IVF journey started because my husband had a vasectomy about 12 years ago. We were so blessed to fall pregnant first go and our DS was born in 2009. As we were so lucky the first time, it didnt really occur to us how hard the IVF rollercoaster could be. We soon learnt of the many dissapointments and just how emotionally and finanically draining it could be cause we did another 4 full stim cycles (1 was cancelled due to not enough follicles) and 1 fozen (and we were prepared for a second frozen that didnt survive the defrost).

    We finally got our BFP confirmed on Monday and Im going for my second blood test tomorrow. We are very excited as this has been a long and exhausting journey (am very inspired by those who have been through many more cycles than I) and pray every day that this bubba is growing healthy and strong.

    I wasnt planning on writing until our first scan which is on the 9th (6wks2days), but really freaking out and could really use you positive support for my recent issue.

    My friend who is 28wks pg emailed me to say that the child care where both our son go called to get her to pick her boy up cause they believed he has slap cheek. She went straight to the docs who have now sent her for an urgent blood test.

    As soon as I read the email I was straight on to google and read that it is extreamely dangerous during the first trimester of pregnancy. Im going to get them to test me tomorrow with my other bloods but Im still feeling sick thinking that our much loved and long awaited for bubba could be in danger.

    I know everyone is constantly nerveously awaiting their next step and wish everyone all the best during this wonderful time in life.
    Hi there, sorry to hear about your virus scare. I think slap cheek is parvovirus B19. From memory it doesn't cause anything in 50% of people who catch it in pregnancy. However I think if you get a blood test and it's positive you need serial ultrasounds and monitoring. Ask your OB to advise tomorrow. Most of us have had that virus as kids ourselves so are immune. Your blood test will tell you if you are immune and then you can relax - you are most likely immune already!


 

Similar Threads

  1. January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!
    By littlesunflowers in forum IVF
    Replies: 1560
    Last Post: 13-02-2013, 20:35
  2. March 2013 babies?!
    By knomie in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 19:22
  3. Due in February 2013
    By biscuit1 in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!