Closed Thread
Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1422
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Gampa, I feel so bad for you it must be terrible feeling that sick all the time. I hope you wake up tomorrow and it's gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa and Adden, hope you feel better soon. Nausea sucks, so thankful I only get it on Thursdays and occasionally on other days.

Haven't noticed my b00bs getting sore though Khutch, although I am usually pre-occupied with having my head in the toilet lol.

I have noticed that whilst I haven't felt bub move yet (except for some little bubbly feelings at night sometimes) I am becoming more aware as to where it's sitting. During the night, when I am asleep it tends to move down low and in the morning I feel quite heavy and a bit uncomfortable down low in my pelvis, after sitting for a while it seems to move up higher.
    Also feeling hormonal, listening to Jeff Buckley's "butterfly kisses" this morning, from my baby playlist, and started crying thinking about my DH finally having the chance to be a daddy. Bit pathetic really.

How was everyone's weekends?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good Morning Ladies

Just did a quick flick through BH as I haven't been on all weekend - sorry to hear some of you are still struggling hard with MS - really hope it clears up for you soon.

All is good my end - 13 weeks tomorrow and we also have our appt with OB so I am looking forward to seeing what he says about continuation of medication (I am really tired of these injections now) and of course to get our NT results.

Started 'forcing' myself to sleep on my left side as I heard this is better for me and for bubs as pregnancy progresses and I'm totally a right hand sleeper! I did alright - woke up a few times on my back - looking forward to buying my snoogle which should get me cosy...cheapest I've found is $90 so far so if anyone knows where I can get one cheaper??

Have a great day

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 12 weeks today! Can't believe it has finally come... can't wait to see bub again on Thursday!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Did your FS send the referral? My FS sent the referral, it actually said because the pregnancy is from ivf it's deemed high risk... So technically should be in a hospital with nicu. I'm not sure if that's true or not but maybe why I was accepted. I'm just glad I don't have to find the $4000 now to go private at The Mercy. After 4 transfers in the last 6 months, finances were starting to strain
    No my GP did the referral for me but come to think of it, it did say high risk IVF so maybe you are right? I'm just happy to be in and like you, not have to worry about finding more money to go private.

I must say, I was a a bit of a loss to work out why IVF transfers are so expensive? Not sure where you ladies went but we had to pay so much upfront (maybe around 2k but don't quote that!!) plus then the "day surgery" fee on transfer day? It was a non medicated cycle too so really only involved blood tests!

And am patiently waiting for our embryo storage fees!

Sorry for that little rant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    No my GP did the referral for me but come to think of it, it did say high risk IVF so maybe you are right? I'm just happy to be in and like you, not have to worry about finding more money to go private.

I must say, I was a a bit of a loss to work out why IVF transfers are so expensive? Not sure where you ladies went but we had to pay so much upfront (maybe around 2k but don't quote that!!) plus then the "day surgery" fee on transfer day? It was a non medicated cycle too so really only involved blood tests!

And am patiently waiting for our embryo storage fees!

Sorry for that little rant!
    Ours was about 2k upfront also. I think we ended up about $1500 out of pocket. We don't pay any day surgery fees though. Our health fund covers that.

ETA - our embryo storage fees are only $35 a month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I'm 12 weeks today! Can't believe it has finally come... can't wait to see bub again on Thursday!
    Yaaay! Congratulations Amy on getting to this stage TRUST ME you will feel so excited after seeing bubs again xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Bonus vs Paid Parental Leave

Need some help ladies - I just did an estimate on this comparison calculator that said we would be $4,497 better off by taking the PPL - that doesn't seem right -

Baby Bonus - I think - Is $5000 tax free over 13 fortnightly installments - which would be roughly $384.62 a fortnight

PPL - I think - is 18 weeks at minimum wage and is taxable - so it would be around (very roughly) $500 per week = $9,000

So technically the PPL should work out $4,000 better off for anyone? Unless they have other family benefits etc I guess??

I would love to know more about this if any of you out there have the knowledge on this...

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I re-did the comparisons and instead of putting into total taxable income including super I removed the 9% super and put that in the reportable superannuation section - now it's coming out as $1,064 better off which seems more realistic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Ours was about 2k upfront also. I think we ended up about $1500 out of pocket. We don't pay any day surgery fees though. Our health fund covers that.

ETA - our embryo storage fees are only $35 a month
    With the day surgery fees, it was strange, we were better off claiming as n uninsured patient on the day and then going to our health fund and claiming it back through them. To pay on the day as an insured patient was more expensive. I couldn't work it out!!

$35 a month is that all? That's not as bad as I was imagining then!