Closed Thread
Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1422
  1. #1281
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    Hi Girls, so sorry l have not been on for weeks. Have been really sick with the flu. Had a 18 week scan today. Everything looks great. Scan took a hour. Had to measure everything. They are 80 to 90% sure that I am having a girl. It's only been in the last few days that I have had movement. I am only just excepting that all this is real.
    when l had my twins I didn't read any books.
    , but the book that all the girls loved in my Mothers Group was called (save our sleep.)
    When l was pregnant with my twins l used to put a pillow between my legs when l was in bed as l had terrible pelvic pain. The pillow that I put under my tummy was a wedge style called dentons. Was about $40 dollars and was brought from spotlight. I loved my pillow. Could not of lived without it.
    KNVW, I think we sometimes forget how hard it is for our husbands to watch us go through the struggle of trying to get pregnant and then Ivf. Men sometimes need to protect themselves. My husband is only now feeling its real and l am 18 weeks +3. I sure your husband will be over the moon when you get to the 12 week mark.
    SL, l am so happy that your scan went well. It's great to get that scan out the way. Now you can enjoy the the rest of your pregnancy.
    Congrats to the new mums to be.
    Kel
    Hi Kel

    Nice to hear from you; I hope you are feeling better? Wowza 18 weeks how time is flying hey and congrats on a little princess for you : )

    I've heard of save our sleep - will def look into this one. I think I'm going to get a snoogle pillow - they just look like something I would love and use forever lol!

    Yes thank you - 12 weeks and 3 days now, looking forward to getting my NT results on Tuesday now...

    Take care

    xx

  2. #1282
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Roll Call

    Due in January 2013

    4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    11th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

    Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL

    Due in March 2013

    2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw
    15th - Mrs Simmo

    Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761

    Scans & Appointments
    SL1009 - OB Appt / NT Results 14th August
    LillyPonds - Morph Scan & OB 16th August
    Dragonfly17 - 12 Week Scan 17th August
    Khutch - check up/NT results 15th August
    AmyEL - 12/NT Week Scan 16th August
    Nicsta83 - 12/NT week scan 23rd August
    Grebbeci - OB and Morph scan 28 August
    Adden - 12 week scan 29th August
    To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off


  3. #1283
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Save our sleep is a good book, my SIL used it with my nephew, but it's VERY strict sleep patterns and relies a lot on control crying. You also never get to hold your baby to sleep which I couldn't do. My nephew goes to sleep great (he's 26 months old) and has always slept brilliantly..... as long as he is at home in his cot. He doesn't sleep in prams or being held. It does have some good stuff in it about things like dream feeds and stuff though.

    Killer migraine yesterday afternoon and today. Usually I would just dose myself up on painkillers and go to sleep, can't do that anymore . My acupuncturist is going to work on it and hopefully stop me getting them so often.

    Hit the 18 week mark yesterday and can't wait for our morph scan in 2.5 weeks. Mostly just 'cause I'm dying to know whether it's a boy or a girl.

    Is anyone going to the Sydney baby and toddler show in September??

  4. #1284
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    781
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked
    139
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm will have a look at save our sleep, but I want to cuddle bubs when he/she is little... and the sleeping in the pram and other places is a must for us, but will keep an open mind and see how we go.

    aww Kel, a little girl! how exciting

    Grebeeci have your spoken to your doc about getting some safe pain meds? It is so hard to tough out a migraine with out pain relief. hope you feel better soon.

    Didn't know there was a baby show on in Sept.. but will be there!!

    I am very very excited today... we have a list of things to be done before bubs arrived and finally one is being crossed off! who hooo 2nd toilet going in as we speak. its just the small things...

  5. #1285
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    975
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked
    137
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm off to the expo in perth today!
    im excited/scared as I know those places are crazy busy!!!

    save our sleep is a touchy subject, thats why i never wanted to use it! I loved it when DS was on solids. Don't think I could be so strict with a new born (the expressing she recommends would do my head in!!!)

    my tea is getting cold...

  6. #1286
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Save our sleep is a good book, my SIL used it with my nephew, but it's VERY strict sleep patterns and relies a lot on control crying. You also never get to hold your baby to sleep which I couldn't do. My nephew goes to sleep great (he's 26 months old) and has always slept brilliantly..... as long as he is at home in his cot. He doesn't sleep in prams or being held. It does have some good stuff in it about things like dream feeds and stuff though.

    Killer migraine yesterday afternoon and today. Usually I would just dose myself up on painkillers and go to sleep, can't do that anymore . My acupuncturist is going to work on it and hopefully stop me getting them so often.

    Hit the 18 week mark yesterday and can't wait for our morph scan in 2.5 weeks. Mostly just 'cause I'm dying to know whether it's a boy or a girl.

    Is anyone going to the Sydney baby and toddler show in September??
    I'm not sure how I feel about control crying - is this like leaving them to cry? My DH was saying that he read it's no good to do that - but I guess once again it's everyone's personal choice.

    Hope your migraine goes away soon - congrats on hitting the 18 week mark - huge! I bet you can't wait for your scan and to find out.

    I'm not in Sydney but hoping to go to the Melbourne baby expo which happens to be on my birthday : )

  7. #1287
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I'm off to the expo in perth today!
    im excited/scared as I know those places are crazy busy!!!

    save our sleep is a touchy subject, thats why i never wanted to use it! I loved it when DS was on solids. Don't think I could be so strict with a new born (the expressing she recommends would do my head in!!!)

    my tea is getting cold...
    yay enjoy the expo

  8. #1288
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL- Control crying is pretty much leaving them to cry. Or as they put it in the books, the are learning to 'self-soothe'.
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing as they get older, I do it with my nephews sometimes at bed time, but only cause they are crying purely cause they are overtired and do want to go to bed. I don't think I could or would want to do it with a newborn.

    And I think it's the most beautiful feeling in the world when a little person falls asleep in your arms. Love it.

  9. #1289
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    SL- Control crying is pretty much leaving them to cry. Or as they put it in the books, the are learning to 'self-soothe'.
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing as they get older, I do it with my nephews sometimes at bed time, but only cause they are crying purely cause they are overtired and do want to go to bed. I don't think I could or would want to do it with a newborn.

    And I think it's the most beautiful feeling in the world when a little person falls asleep in your arms. Love it.
    Yeh I agree with you - I couldn't do it with a newborn, maybe with an older toddler....so do you think the book is worth reading??

  10. #1290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Yeh I agree with you - I couldn't do it with a newborn, maybe with an older toddler....so do you think the book is worth reading??
    I think it's worth a read. I know a few mums that have implemeted a less strict version of the routines in it and it seems to work well for them. She also explains 'dream feeds' really well (which I didn't even know about until I read some of SIL book) which is where you feed them late after putting them down (about 10pm) without really waking them up. Seems to work well in getting them to sleep through the night.


 

Similar Threads

  1. January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!
    By littlesunflowers in forum IVF
    Replies: 1560
    Last Post: 13-02-2013, 20:35
  2. March 2013 babies?!
    By knomie in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 19:22
  3. Due in February 2013
    By biscuit1 in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
HuggleBib
The HuggleBib is not "just another" baby bib. Sure, your child may be a messy eater who gets more food ON them rather than IN them, so you dread cleaning after feeding times! Well the HuggleBib is THE best solution to help with all these daily tasks!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!