Closed Thread
Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1422
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    Hi Girls, so sorry l have not been on for weeks. Have been really sick with the flu. Had a 18 week scan today. Everything looks great. Scan took a hour. Had to measure everything. They are 80 to 90% sure that I am having a girl. It's only been in the last few days that I have had movement. I am only just excepting that all this is real.
    when l had my twins I didn't read any books.
    , but the book that all the girls loved in my Mothers Group was called (save our sleep.)
    When l was pregnant with my twins l used to put a pillow between my legs when l was in bed as l had terrible pelvic pain. The pillow that I put under my tummy was a wedge style called dentons. Was about $40 dollars and was brought from spotlight. I loved my pillow. Could not of lived without it.
    KNVW, I think we sometimes forget how hard it is for our husbands to watch us go through the struggle of trying to get pregnant and then Ivf. Men sometimes need to protect themselves. My husband is only now feeling its real and l am 18 weeks +3. I sure your husband will be over the moon when you get to the 12 week mark.
    SL, l am so happy that your scan went well. It's great to get that scan out the way. Now you can enjoy the the rest of your pregnancy.
    Congrats to the new mums to be.
    Kel
    Hi Kel

Nice to hear from you; I hope you are feeling better? Wowza 18 weeks how time is flying hey and congrats on a little princess for you : )

I've heard of save our sleep - will def look into this one. I think I'm going to get a snoogle pillow - they just look like something I would love and use forever lol!

Yes thank you - 12 weeks and 3 days now, looking forward to getting my NT results on Tuesday now...

Take care

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 2013

4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    11th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL

Due in March 2013

2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw
    15th - Mrs Simmo

Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761

Scans & Appointments
    SL1009 - OB Appt / NT Results 14th August
    LillyPonds - Morph Scan & OB 16th August
    Dragonfly17 - 12 Week Scan 17th August
    Khutch - check up/NT results 15th August
    AmyEL - 12/NT Week Scan 16th August
    Nicsta83 - 12/NT week scan 23rd August
    Grebbeci - OB and Morph scan 28 August
    Adden - 12 week scan 29th August
    To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Save our sleep is a good book, my SIL used it with my nephew, but it's VERY strict sleep patterns and relies a lot on control crying. You also never get to hold your baby to sleep which I couldn't do. My nephew goes to sleep great (he's 26 months old) and has always slept brilliantly..... as long as he is at home in his cot. He doesn't sleep in prams or being held. It does have some good stuff in it about things like dream feeds and stuff though.

Killer migraine yesterday afternoon and today. Usually I would just dose myself up on painkillers and go to sleep, can't do that anymore . My acupuncturist is going to work on it and hopefully stop me getting them so often.

Hit the 18 week mark yesterday and can't wait for our morph scan in 2.5 weeks. Mostly just 'cause I'm dying to know whether it's a boy or a girl.

Is anyone going to the Sydney baby and toddler show in September??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm will have a look at save our sleep, but I want to cuddle bubs when he/she is little... and the sleeping in the pram and other places is a must for us, but will keep an open mind and see how we go.

aww Kel, a little girl! how exciting

Grebeeci have your spoken to your doc about getting some safe pain meds? It is so hard to tough out a migraine with out pain relief. hope you feel better soon.

Didn't know there was a baby show on in Sept.. but will be there!!

I am very very excited today... we have a list of things to be done before bubs arrived and finally one is being crossed off! who hooo 2nd toilet going in as we speak. its just the small things...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm off to the expo in perth today!
    im excited/scared as I know those places are crazy busy!!!

save our sleep is a touchy subject, thats why i never wanted to use it! I loved it when DS was on solids. Don't think I could be so strict with a new born (the expressing she recommends would do my head in!!!)

my tea is getting cold...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Save our sleep is a good book, my SIL used it with my nephew, but it's VERY strict sleep patterns and relies a lot on control crying. You also never get to hold your baby to sleep which I couldn't do. My nephew goes to sleep great (he's 26 months old) and has always slept brilliantly..... as long as he is at home in his cot. He doesn't sleep in prams or being held. It does have some good stuff in it about things like dream feeds and stuff though.

Killer migraine yesterday afternoon and today. Usually I would just dose myself up on painkillers and go to sleep, can't do that anymore . My acupuncturist is going to work on it and hopefully stop me getting them so often.

Hit the 18 week mark yesterday and can't wait for our morph scan in 2.5 weeks. Mostly just 'cause I'm dying to know whether it's a boy or a girl.

Is anyone going to the Sydney baby and toddler show in September??
    I'm not sure how I feel about control crying - is this like leaving them to cry? My DH was saying that he read it's no good to do that - but I guess once again it's everyone's personal choice.

Hope your migraine goes away soon - congrats on hitting the 18 week mark - huge! I bet you can't wait for your scan and to find out.

I'm not in Sydney but hoping to go to the Melbourne baby expo which happens to be on my birthday : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I'm off to the expo in perth today!
    im excited/scared as I know those places are crazy busy!!!

save our sleep is a touchy subject, thats why i never wanted to use it! I loved it when DS was on solids. Don't think I could be so strict with a new born (the expressing she recommends would do my head in!!!)

my tea is getting cold...
    yay enjoy the expo

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL- Control crying is pretty much leaving them to cry. Or as they put it in the books, the are learning to 'self-soothe'.
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing as they get older, I do it with my nephews sometimes at bed time, but only cause they are crying purely cause they are overtired and do want to go to bed. I don't think I could or would want to do it with a newborn.

And I think it's the most beautiful feeling in the world when a little person falls asleep in your arms. Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    SL- Control crying is pretty much leaving them to cry. Or as they put it in the books, the are learning to 'self-soothe'.
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing as they get older, I do it with my nephews sometimes at bed time, but only cause they are crying purely cause they are overtired and do want to go to bed. I don't think I could or would want to do it with a newborn.

And I think it's the most beautiful feeling in the world when a little person falls asleep in your arms. Love it.
    Yeh I agree with you - I couldn't do it with a newborn, maybe with an older toddler....so do you think the book is worth reading??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Yeh I agree with you - I couldn't do it with a newborn, maybe with an older toddler....so do you think the book is worth reading??
    I think it's worth a read. I know a few mums that have implemeted a less strict version of the routines in it and it seems to work well for them. She also explains 'dream feeds' really well (which I didn't even know about until I read some of SIL book) which is where you feed them late after putting them down (about 10pm) without really waking them up. Seems to work well in getting them to sleep through the night.