Mich4761

Scans & Appointments
    LillyPonds - Morph Scan & OB 16th August
    Khutch - check up/NT results 15th August
    AmyEL - 12/NT Week Scan 16th August
    Nicsta83 - 12/NT week scan 23rd August
    Grebbeci - OB and Morph scan 28 August
    Adden - 12 week scan 29th August
    To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just added Mrs Simmo, welcome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, so sorry l have not been on for weeks. Have been really sick with the flu. Had a 18 week scan today. Everything looks great. Scan took a hour. Had to measure everything. They are 80 to 90% sure that I am having a girl. It's only been in the last few days that I have had movement. I am only just excepting that all this is real.
    when l had my twins I didn't read any books.
    , but the book that all the girls loved in my Mothers Group was called (save our sleep.)
    When l was pregnant with my twins l used to put a pillow between my legs when l was in bed as l had terrible pelvic pain. The pillow that I put under my tummy was a wedge style called dentons. Was about $40 dollars and was brought from spotlight. I loved my pillow. Could not of lived without it.
    KNVW, I think we sometimes forget how hard it is for our husbands to watch us go through the struggle of trying to get pregnant and then Ivf. Men sometimes need to protect themselves. My husband is only now feeling its real and l am 18 weeks +3. I sure your husband will be over the moon when you get to the 12 week mark.
    SL, l am so happy that your scan went well. It's great to get that scan out the way. Now you can enjoy the the rest of your pregnancy.
    Congrats to the new mums to be.
    Kel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thank you AmyEL hope your well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Just added Mrs Simmo, welcome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the welcome - i spoke to the Mater and they said get my GP o send over the papers asap its not to late but first in best serve so i have to get onto him today as i dont know if he has done this ? I have my 12 wk scan on the 3/9 just want this to hurry up - im 9 wks today woo hoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Adden, don't worry about freaking me out! I thought I knew alot of things, but there is just so much that can happen, and so much that can go wrong. I would much rather be prepared with knowledge. I think SL mentioned how great it is getting all these different points of views and all your knowledge to help us newbies out.

Oh! Mrs Simmo, I am so rude, I didn't say welcome aboard! Did you end up sorting out your hospital booking? I think I read it in another post?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome mrs simmo, good to have another lady join the group!

kmwv - my hubby is the same as your's and the other ladies by the sound of it! he said it's just nerves and doesn't want to allow himself to much excitement until the 12 week mark. it's hard isn't it, they are so different to how we feel about it. i do agree in that it is their way to protect themself, unfortunately we don't get that.

i'm another melbourne girl though and have also been accepted into the mercy so a public gal like yourself! who knows, if i'm over and you're early, we might be in together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes welcome Mrs Simmo, I hope the next few weeks goes super fast for you.

Bit behind on the convos so will try and catch up.

Books: I loved baby love, we referred to it every day when ds was born. Also up the duff is an entertaining read, funny and easy to relate to as a first timer.

Km, don't stress too much over dh's connection. My dh didn't talk to ds at all when I was preg, said it made him feel silly and that baby would be hearing his voice enough during normal conversation. This upset me a bit but everything changed when ds was born, he is the best dad have ever. That's way more important I think.

Afm I'm just in getting my bloods to go with my 12 week scan next Friday. Could someone add my appointment to the roll call as I'm a bit of a clueless bubhubber.

Have a great day everyone, and smile its Friday. ( apologies too for the essay).

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I need a little vent, my husband won't acknowledge the baby. He tells me he won't until the 12 week scan, I'm upset about it but understand he is only protecting himself. As soon as I was pregnant to me it was a baby, maybe it's just how a woman thinks. Why do blokes have to be so odd or is it just mine? He is so frightened something bad will happen, I guess I can't blame him for the rotten luck we have been thrown the past few years.

I noticed there are a few ladies from Melbourne, what hospital have you booked into. I'm now going public through The Mercy For Women, I was going Private but was accepted as a public patient.

I have my 10 week bloods next week, hoping my gp can give me something for this horrible reflux I've been having. I know I need to eat more but eating makes me feel so sick, and the thought of eating is making me feel sick as well. Hope it settles after 12 weeks

Oh and the BIGW baby sale started today!
    kmvw you are NOT alone. My DH has totally been that same, not not wanting to acknowledge the baby but not wanting to talk about baby stuff, or anything in that area. Now that we've past the 12 week scan he is a little more excited but not as much as I thought / hoped he would be. It's a defensive thing I think hun so try not to get offended - they are just being the 'strong' men to try and protect themselves...I'm sure as time goes along he will get way more excited and involved.

I am in Melbourne and had a choice with my private OB between St Vincents, Freemasons or Jessie Mac and we have chosen Jessie Mac as it's the closest to us and I have been there before for operations...really wanted to go to Waverley but unfortunately OB doesn't go there. Only bad thing about Jessie Mac is you're not guaranteed a private room so I guess it will all hopes and prayers out that we will get one when it's time...

Yay BIGW Sale I saw the catalogue might have a cheeky peek tomorrow ; )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I told my DH about your DH KMVW and he laughed. He is exactly the same!
    He is talking to it now, but only cause I make him. I think he is so scared something will go wrong (my DS was a twin and we lost one at 10 weeks)
    I think once they see the 12 week scan they will be ok. I have 2 weeks to go too!

Oh Sorry!
    its really worth knowing. I went in blind the first time and I wish I had known half this stuff! I learnt as it happened (especially about episiotomies! not fun to recover from but I didn't even know he made a cut until DH told me!!!)
    classes that the hospital run will only tell you so much!

Another scary story; (stop reading now if you want!)
    I had an epidural, but it didn't work. Half my body felt contractions the other half was numb! it was very strange. The worse part was the end when they deliver the placenta and it went terribly wrong (too gross to write about.. pm me if you want details! its interesting and apparently common) and i had no pain relief. Stitches were done under local as the epidural didn't work.
    and I'm doing it all again!!!!! We must be insane!
    I am SO going to look into perineal massage lol! I love and hate the gore at the same time. I read the whole of 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' a couple of years ago and there was a chapter on labour and what to do if you have to deliver the baby at home by yourself - it was the SCARIEST thing I had EVER read lol! But these things are good to know...Would love you to PM me details of your placenta story LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Left side!
    That's what I thought - damn! Of course the side I can't sleep on! Will have to work on this...