Closed Thread
Page 127 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Km, I know my DH was very hesitant at the beginning as he was so worried that something might go wrong. His way of thinking was if something was to happen I would completely fall apart so he needed to keep it together if you know what I mean. I think men can just kind of switch their minds off, though I'm sure he is so over the moon your pregnant, but just being cautious.

Hopefully as time goes by he will start to change his thoughts. On my iPhone so don't know how to hug, but sending one your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nala I know how much he wants this baby, more than anything as he told me but it would just be nice to start to enjoy this pregnancy with him. I only have a few weeks left before the 12 week scan, then he can relax and enjoy this little one with me.

I still find his thought process strange though as I know deep down he would be distraught if something happened even though he tells me he hasnt bonded, so why not just enjoy things now. You cannot change what happens in the future

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    just found this on pinterest and thought you may like to have a read!
    Just ignore the formula talk (they push formula - different brands - in american hospitals.. it doesn't happen here as much)
    Enjoy!

http://charlie-the-cavalier.blogspot...l#.UCMSuWhRq2w
    Awesome and you have freaked me out at the same time!! Getting an ereader soon so will down load it... After I have a mild panic attack :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my DH about your DH KMVW and he laughed. He is exactly the same!
    He is talking to it now, but only cause I make him. I think he is so scared something will go wrong (my DS was a twin and we lost one at 10 weeks)
    I think once they see the 12 week scan they will be ok. I have 2 weeks to go too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Awesome and you have freaked me out at the same time!! Getting an ereader soon so will down load it... After I have a mild panic attack :-)
    Oh Sorry!
    its really worth knowing. I went in blind the first time and I wish I had known half this stuff! I learnt as it happened (especially about episiotomies! not fun to recover from but I didn't even know he made a cut until DH told me!!!)
    classes that the hospital run will only tell you so much!

Another scary story; (stop reading now if you want!)
    I had an epidural, but it didn't work. Half my body felt contractions the other half was numb! it was very strange. The worse part was the end when they deliver the placenta and it went terribly wrong (too gross to write about.. pm me if you want details! its interesting and apparently common) and i had no pain relief. Stitches were done under local as the epidural didn't work.
    and I'm doing it all again!!!!! We must be insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kmwv my hubby was exactly the same until 10 week scan cause it actually looked like a bub & not a blob anymore, I think it's just harder for them at the start cause they can't see anything that is happening, my DH has his had on my belly now whenever he can, much more connected now :-) fingers crossed 12 week scan is all good cause it's on his birthday, hopefully it will be a good present for him cause I can't think of anything else!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kmvw- that must suck a bit. E were kind of the opposite DH wanted to tell people and things and I was kind of super super cautious and refused to form attachment until 12 Weeks. Still do it a bit actually.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Thanks Nala I know how much he wants this baby, more than anything as he told me but it would just be nice to start to enjoy this pregnancy with him. I only have a few weeks left before the 12 week scan, then he can relax and enjoy this little one with me.

I still find his thought process strange though as I know deep down he would be distraught if something happened even though he tells me he hasnt bonded, so why not just enjoy things now. You cannot change what happens in the future
    I know, they are a strange breed these DH's of ours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adden, don't worry about freaking me out! I thought I knew alot of things, but there is just so much that can happen, and so much that can go wrong. I would much rather be prepared with knowledge. I think SL mentioned how great it is getting all these different points of views and all your knowledge to help us newbies out.

Oh! Mrs Simmo, I am so rude, I didn't say welcome aboard! Did you end up sorting out your hospital booking? I think I read it in another post?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Topic of discussion please - pregnancy pillows! I'm thinking of getting a 'snoogle' - any opinions good or bad experiences? Also which side am I supposed to be sleeping on? I know after 14 weeks you're not supposed to sleep on your back....?

Thank you
    Left side!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ][CENTER]Roll Call

Due in January 2013

4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    11th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL

Due in March 2013

2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw

Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761

Scans & Appointments
    LillyPonds - Morph Scan & OB 16th August
    Khutch - check up/NT results 15th August
    AmyEL - 12/NT Week Scan 16th August
    Nicsta83 - 12/NT week scan 23rd August
    Grebbeci - OB and Morph scan 28 August
    Adden - 12 week scan 29th August

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off