Closed Thread
Page 118 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    yeah. I wanted DS to sleep with us, so he did when we got home. he lasted 3 days (more that my DH lasted 3 days cause he kept waking up and was too tired as he had to go straight back to work) the good thing is the room is very close and we don't need a monitor.
    He was tiny (2.4kg's at birth) and we were lucky that he was in the bassinet for about 6 weeks. he then was moved to a cot (we have a boori sleigh.. its just beautiful) and he is still in that with tons of room (i can lay in it with him!) and it converts to a toddler bed. So we will buy a cot for new baby and DS will keep his as we love it and he loves it too!
    Oh, we also have a hammock (don't know if they still sell them) but it was amazing! he rocked himself back to sleep during the day.. it was great and a huge lifesaver!
    sorry, I always give long answers! haha!
    I just googled baby hammocks and they look pretty cool BUT I don't know about how safe they would be as there are no australian standards for hammocks?? Just for use in the day time for naps? I guess the only other alternative is the bassinette / cot or a rocking chair or something - or are they just used for bouncy awake time??!!! Hmmm starting to freak out on how little I know lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't freak out.. That's what we are here for!
    I ONLY used it for day naps when he was fussy and I was around to watch him. They are very safe if used correctly.
    I didn't get monitor breathing pads cause a few friends said they go off accidentally at any time of night. If they roll off the pad or something. A lot of my friends have them and love them. Personal choice! I'm sticking to plain monitors again I think!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing the same as we did with ds. We have my nannas cane bassinett. She used it for my mum and her brothers and sisters, mum used it for me and my brother and now its my turn again.

We have it next to the bed for the first 3 months or so. Dh loves being involved so I would lean over and get bub feed from one boob then dh would change his bum while I went to the loo and had a drink then I would finish with the other boob.

Dh worked full time too but ad ds didn't sleep much during the day dh thought it was only fair we do it together. It was a great family time and a nice quite time to catch up and admire our miracle together.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    grebecci there was a big news report last monday I think about hammocks and baby slings and they blieve they are not safe. It is much ssafer for baby to sleep on a hard/stiff surface as they get smothered in the hammock or slings. I wanted a sling for bub to carry around in but do not think I will after seeing the news special.
    As for Basinette I was tossing up for ages whether I should buy one to have in my room for first few months as I dont want baby straight into cot if it is so tiny (though if it keeps hubby up it may go straight to cot) I then decided I would not buy one after numerous emails back and forward to my mother for advice. That afternoon I called into my inlaws and found they had bought me the one which I wanted, so I have one and I didnt have to fork out for it.
    Also I have purchased the Boori Sleigh bedroom setting we put it up on the weekend it is divine. I had a friend tell me I must have a motion sensor in the bed whilst baby is sleeping and continued to tell me all these horror stories of SIDS and so forth needless to say I am getting one now. Darn her and her scarey stories. As if this process isnt enough to worry about.
    I didn't see the thing on tv but am skeptical on the safety of hammocks and slings - normal baby carrier things should be fine though?? That's nice that you mum bought you a bassinette...my DH (and me now really) are totally paranoid and freaked out about SIDS so will definitely have as many monitors in place as necessary....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    We are doing the same as we did with ds. We have my nannas cane bassinett. She used it for my mum and her brothers and sisters, mum used it for me and my brother and now its my turn again.

We have it next to the bed for the first 3 months or so. Dh loves being involved so I would lean over and get bub feed from one boob then dh would change his bum while I went to the loo and had a drink then I would finish with the other boob.

Dh worked full time too but ad ds didn't sleep much during the day dh thought it was only fair we do it together. It was a great family time and a nice quite time to catch up and admire our miracle together.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    That's nice that your DH was involved like that : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    don't be scared by slings.. again, if used correctly they are very safe and its a great way to bond with your baby! So many of my friends use them.
    I am getting an ergo (I think they are from 6 months, but have to research a bit more)
    we have 2 slings, but didn't use them much as DS didn't really like them (and I was put off as he felt way too small in there!)

Dragonfly - you are so lucky! I think I did all the night feeds/changing. DH is taking a month off this time, so I'm hoping some things are going to be different!

My hammock is safe - the sides were nowhere near his face. If they are put to sleep on their back they are fine. It really was a saviour. I guess it depends on the brand. We have a hushamock and I know the Ambys are bad (they were recalled) but haven't heard anything bad about ours.
    its all up to you!

Sorry to stir up such controversy! I had no idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    don't be scared by slings.. again, if used correctly they are very safe and its a great way to bond with your baby! So many of my friends use them.
    I am getting an ergo (I think they are from 6 months, but have to research a bit more)
    we have 2 slings, but didn't use them much as DS didn't really like them (and I was put off as he felt way too small in there!)

Dragonfly - you are so lucky! I think I did all the night feeds/changing. DH is taking a month off this time, so I'm hoping some things are going to be different!

My hammock is safe - the sides were nowhere near his face. If they are put to sleep on their back they are fine. It really was a saviour. I guess it depends on the brand. We have a hushamock and I know the Ambys are bad (they were recalled) but haven't heard anything bad about ours.
    its all up to you!

Sorry to stir up such controversy! I had no idea!
    It's not really controversy - just different preferences...I do like the slings better than baby carriers but I think if I have to buy a baby carrier anyway if you can use them from newborn and you can't use the sling until later then i would just stick with that...

I'm seriously considering thinking about finishing up work at Christmas now too by the way...all those years I've worked through the summer wishing I didn't have to be at my desk! I would much rather be 'nesting' at home!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

adden  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't put bubs to sleep in a hammock overnight, I am a bit paranoid and want a motion sensor thingy which is why they will go straight into cot.

I am thinking about getting the combi baby carrier
    Combi baby carrier.jpg

Looks pretty cool.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I wouldn't put bubs to sleep in a hammock overnight, I am a bit paranoid and want a motion sensor thingy which is why they will go straight into cot.

Attachment 25136

Looks pretty cool.
    I like that carrier.. Haven't seen it before! Nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post

Attachment 25136

Looks pretty cool.
    Looks very ideal...