Closed Thread
Page 117 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    24 hours to go until scan (it's at 12:15 tomorrow)...we will be hearing bubs' heartbeat for the first time too. God willing everything is smooth sailing - it's such a miraculous journey!

Anyone bored and ready to start a topic of the day???

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about opinions on bassinettes / cots? I know some mothers like to use bassinets kept in their room for a couple / few months (not sure how long) and some like to keep bubs in their own nursery in a cot from birth?

I'm clearly bored here....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We hired a cot/bassinet from the hospital (clear plastic on trolley with wheels) and it was awesome! New baby will get that too. We have a room right across the hall, so he/she will go there (DS will have to move downstairs! Booo)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    We hired a cot/bassinet from the hospital (clear plastic on trolley with wheels) and it was awesome! New baby will get that too. We have a room right across the hall, so he/she will go there (DS will have to move downstairs! Booo)
    Interesting! so new baby will go in that in the room straight away and then be moved to a cot later? How long do you keep the hire one for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is giving me her bassinet and bub will sleep in that in our room for first couple of months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey SL - I'm bored too. But I am having fun throwing some stuff into the feminism thread.

We are putting bubs straight into the big cot. With an angelcare monitor/respiratory monitor. I love the little bassinets, boori have an especially beautiful one, but I don't really want the baby in our room anyway, just cause I don't want to disturb DH's sleep too much when they are little. And I can't justify the cost of something that only gets used for such a short space of time. Oh, and the breathing pads don't fit into a lot of the bassinets, I would feel more comfortable being able to monitor their breathing in a big cot than not being able to monitor it in a bassinet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Interesting! so new baby will go in that in the room straight away and then be moved to a cot later? How long do you keep the hire one for?
    yeah. I wanted DS to sleep with us, so he did when we got home. he lasted 3 days (more that my DH lasted 3 days cause he kept waking up and was too tired as he had to go straight back to work) the good thing is the room is very close and we don't need a monitor.
    He was tiny (2.4kg's at birth) and we were lucky that he was in the bassinet for about 6 weeks. he then was moved to a cot (we have a boori sleigh.. its just beautiful) and he is still in that with tons of room (i can lay in it with him!) and it converts to a toddler bed. So we will buy a cot for new baby and DS will keep his as we love it and he loves it too!
    Oh, we also have a hammock (don't know if they still sell them) but it was amazing! he rocked himself back to sleep during the day.. it was great and a huge lifesaver!
    sorry, I always give long answers! haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking at those hammocks. They look awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our plan is bassinet for a few weeks then move to the cot and have a monitir set up.

We have a bassinet that my SIL gave us five yrs ago. Pulled it out on the weekend and DH and I cant figure out how to put it together! No instructions and we are really hoping it is missing a piece cause surely it can't be that hard!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - so how many weeks are a few weeks? 2,4,6,8,12 weeks?
    We are definitely going to be having a monitor as well - haven't heard of breathing pads though - would love some more info??