Closed Thread
Page 116 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Khutch, gampa & km... I hope things start improving really soon for you guys

Gampa thanks for all that info on nipples and pumps. I think I am also going to fall into that category of pink nipples and now worried how much this is going to hurt. You hear that BF is hard, maybe I was naive, but the idea if cracked nipples and crying while feeding is quiet scary, you just don't hear of it till you ate pregnant and start reading and listening to others. I was expecting some pain but not to this extent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Khutch, gampa & km... I hope things start improving really soon for you guys

Gampa thanks for all that info on nipples and pumps. I think I am also going to fall into that category of pink nipples and now worried how much this is going to hurt. You hear that BF is hard, maybe I was naive, but the idea if cracked nipples and crying while feeding is quiet scary, you just don't hear of it till you ate pregnant and start reading and listening to others. I was expecting some pain but not to this extent.
    Sounds a bit daunting doesn't it - but will be worth it...my only concern is what if I'm bleeding while bubs is BFing? is it safe for bubs to be sucking on my bleeding nipples or is this when you're supposed to pump???!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

12 weeks today....that's all
    Scan tomorrow I am beside myself

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL congrats so happy for you. Now tomorrow your scan....its all happening! Have a wonderful day.

Nothing really to report, just another day at work...woo....my work still doesnt know and wont until after my 12 week scan which is 12 weeks 5 days, so really i wont tell them till 13 weeks....

So i keep having to dodge drinks, my work is very social and i am entertaining clients a lot so its hard to pretend!! Esp cause before being pregnant i would never refuse a good glass of wine , now it makes me feel sick....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    SL congrats so happy for you. Now tomorrow your scan....its all happening! Have a wonderful day.

Nothing really to report, just another day at work...woo....my work still doesnt know and wont until after my 12 week scan which is 12 weeks 5 days, so really i wont tell them till 13 weeks....

So i keep having to dodge drinks, my work is very social and i am entertaining clients a lot so its hard to pretend!! Esp cause before being pregnant i would never refuse a good glass of wine , now it makes me feel sick....
    I find it the hardest to disguise my belly more than anything - I guess it's fortunate I started in a new department not long ago so they don't really know me well enough to comment! They will know by the end of the week though - telling my boss tomorrow then I can start showing off my protruding tummy hehe. Weirdest thing I SWEAR last night I felt a sort of churning in my uterus like baby was turning or something....I'm sure I was imagining it but it just felt weird and made me smile : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats SL and good luck for the 12 week scan! hope baby gives you a good wave

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rainaberdine For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, SL good luck for tomorrow! How exciting!

I had one of those horrible dreams last night as well!! I had a dream that I went to the toilet and there was blood everywhere! it was AWFUL! and soooo real! I woke up in tears and then I couldn't sleep. So have been up since 4am.
    Im a mess today.. lucky its DH's first day back at work and he said he will be home at lunch time to help me out with DS! So nice to have him home!!!!

in other news.. 3 friends have also announced their pregnancies to me this week. So exciting to have friends so close! One of them is going to the same hospital and we are only a week and a half apart!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Sounds a bit daunting doesn't it - but will be worth it...my only concern is what if I'm bleeding while bubs is BFing? is it safe for bubs to be sucking on my bleeding nipples or is this when you're supposed to pump???!!!!!
    warning graphic description.....
    Hmmmm you can breast feed with bleeding nipples - yuck I did - and when they come off the nipple they take the scab and tissue with it- and then it bleeds and bleeds again, then you out a breast pad on but it sticks to the raw tissue and when you take it off it takes most of nipple with it....you end up walking around for a few weeks with nipples exposed to the air! Make sure you have curtains you can close!! However on a positive side it does settle and it does get better and it does depend on the baby too - some are piranhas! Some are gentle. It's a learning curve for you and bubs. But it also depends on a good midwife - I reccomend getting a lactation consultant and definitely go to a breast feeding class. Both of which i didn't do and I really wish I did as I reckon it would make a huge difference. I'm going to give it another good bash this time and I know I'm going to get the same nipple problems but I'm hoping that with the right support it won't be as distressing. Also nipple shields are good - most private hospitalq supply the, free of charge and they do help with the scabs etc but won't take away the pain of attachment.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (07-08-2012),SL1009  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

xxx
    Congrats!!! So exciting, let us know how your scan goes!! Yay you get to see bubs!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

xxx
    YAY! the 12 week mark... hope today goes quickly! XX

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post: