Closed Thread
Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1422
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    SL - Not sure if i missed it or not but have you had your scan yet? Dont worry about all the baby shower stuff, just do what comes naturally to you. All my friends have them, but they are usally an afternoon tea where all the ladies sit around and chat and then open presents .

had my blood tests this morning, now only 2 weeks and a few days until the scan. I best do some work.....grrr
    Hopefully the next two weeks goes quickly for you - I have my scan on Wednesday I am so excited / nervous - just want it to be NOW!! 12 weeks exactly tomorrow : ) Can't believe it's finally here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Nicsta83  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I'm bored.
    Work sucks.
    2 weeks until holidays. Thank heavens.
    Where are you off on holidays? Work does suck - I'm bored too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Where are you off on holidays? Work does suck - I'm bored too...
    Katoomba, to do a whole lot of nothing for a week. And we are going to visit the big teddy bear shop on the way down (I have a thing for teddy bears)

I turned my desk around the other week so that the other internal sales bloke can't seen me trolling bubhub all day . I work for an electrical switchgear distributor, so it's as boring as bat**** when there is work on, and it's soooo quiet at the moment, courtesy of GFC, carbon tax and budget cuts I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - good luck for Wed look forward to hearing the results!

Grebbeci - Ah a holiday sounds sooo nice! I am on BH too much, but i mostly read along, this week im really busy so i may not have time as the week progresses.....

At least the week might go quickly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katoomba, to do a whole lot of nothing for a week. And we are going to visit the big teddy bear shop on the way down (I have a thing for teddy bears)

I turned my desk around the other week so that the other internal sales bloke can't seen me trolling bubhub all day . I work for an electrical switchgear distributor, so it's as boring as bat**** when there is work on, and it's soooo quiet at the moment, courtesy of GFC, carbon tax and budget cuts I think.
    YAY a big teddy bear shop sounds FUN

My work is very quiet too at the moment - trawling maternity swimsuits and breast pumps lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY a big teddy bear shop sounds FUN

My work is very quiet too at the moment - trawling maternity swimsuits and breast pumps lol
    lol, excited about breast pumps. What have our lives come to? hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have just given the baby shower thing some thought....clearly not getting any work done just dwelling on this!!

Baby showers are typically held in the last trimester which for me is going to be December - Feb. In this time there is Christmas & New Year and so many people will have so much on. Plus bubs will come along in Feb and then as my parents will be out from the UK at the end of April / May we will most likely be having a Christening then - although it will be small and we won't be inviting friends...hmm....I'm obviously thinking out loud here ladies and just venting my thoughts!!

Maybe I'll just have a welcome home baby thing with just our family at our house....

It's weird actually thinking about it that ALL of my female friends have pretty much 2 kids and I have never been to a shower or welcome home baby or baby lunch or anything - only hospital visits and christenings!!

Maybe we'll just get through our scan this week and then I'll dwell some more!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol.. this is funny, I was all offended last night, but no more. I think I am super sensitive with all these hormones!

I agree re the whole registry thing, while it is a great idea I would never presume or like to make people feel that they need to bring a gift. While it was super handy so you didn't really need to think of what to get her, I am not having one, nor even mentioning gifts on our invites. We didn't ask for gifts for our wedding so not mentioning it for the baby shower. I just know that family and my girls who are super excited we are finally preggers that there will be gifts of some sort.

We will start as a girls only event with kids, but we always end up the party house so the boys will probably come after and it will end up as a bbq and pool party for the kids....

on another note.... what do the first movements feel like? I heard they are like a flutter. I am kind of feeling on my right side a movement of some sort but it is like little sharp movements like pin pricks... does that make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully the next two weeks goes quickly for you - I have my scan on Wednesday I am so excited / nervous - just want it to be NOW!! 12 weeks exactly tomorrow : ) Can't believe it's finally here!
    I can't remember if you told people yet? did you do an announcement or have you been waiting for the 12 weeks???

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol, excited about breast pumps. What have our lives come to? hehehe
    Tell me about it, all I do is troll BH, look at prams, car seats and haven't even started on breast pumps... someone said they have automatic ones?? WT?

SL you just reminded me that I need to get onto looking at swim wear, not one to be flashing the belly round in a bikini I don't think.. let alone these ka-hooners I am growing.

Grebecci Katoomba is going to be soo lovely this time of year... hope you get lots of fogg in the morning over the ranges, love that sight.