Closed Thread
Page 111 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i put on my invites something like this-
    please come celebrate the new baby
    Please come and join us for food and a big surprise (the scan was the surprise)
    please don't bring a present, please come and have a great time.
    Should you wish to bring something small, Aimee has included a registry for things that she needs.
    I only put that because I know my friends and I know they bring lots of presents to parties.
    no one came empty handed!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are most definitley having a baby shower. I have been to so many baby showers for friends and in-laws and relatives that I think it's most certainly my turn. That and the fact that I am the only girl in my family and my mum is sooo excited about finally getting to plan one.
    The only thing we will probably put on the invites in regards to gifts is that we will be using cloth nappies so if you wish to buy nappies then a voucher for one of the places I can get cloth ones from would be good. Otherwise I know I will end up with hundreds of disposables that we won't use.

Had my first event on the weekend where I actually felt pregnant, my cousins wedding. I have popped out a bit in the last week or 2 and the dress I wore certainly accentuated my tummy. It was kind of cool to actually be allowed to look pregnant and not have to worry about holding my tummy in all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I did a High Tea for my baby shower. Everyone came and brought a present. I didn't ask for anything.... so left it up to them. And it was lovely as we all sat around and i opened them up in front of everyone was. it was great fun! I personally think its better than money.... as people like to see your gifts used... but thats just me. Then once my son was into those clothes... i took a pic of him in the outfit or playing with the toy and sent it to the person who gave it and said thanks.

Hope this helps and congrats.

vx

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Sorry if I'm being totally naive or wrong but what's the go with the shower? Do people bring you money or gifts as they would a kitchen tea / bridal shower or are you supposed to register? Or do people have baby showers with no gifts or can you ask for money to go towards something big you want to buy?? Would love opinions on this...

Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    I'll be having a baby shower, should be fun!!!

I had a horrible dream last night that I miscarried! I woke up very scared! Now I really wish my scan was sooner so I could know that everything is ok. Im sure it was just a dream, but I don't hope to dream it again anytime soon!!!
    Horrible dream...hope you're feeling ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hey
    re baby shower issue,
    my personal opinion is that you shouldn't have a registry. It's really presumptuous to assume you are getting a present. It also forces people to come with a gift. And in some cases people won't come because they feel put off but the must bring a gift scenario. Personally whenever I get an invite that comes with a caveat like : please give us money or please look at our gift registry I feel really offended and in fact I go out of my way nt to go or to buy something not on the registry!! I know all my friends roll their eyes when they get invites like that too and we all ***** behind the persons back and say things like - rude eh to expect a gift. Also what if that person is going thru a hard time financially and can't afford anything right now but will try hard to once the baby arrives?

so I reckon the best thing to do is word the invite With words like " come celbrate with us the impending arrival of our beautiful girl!" - the one advantage of knowing the sex. This way if people want to buy they at least buy age and sex appropriate stuff.

Lastly I feel it's ok to ask for things from your family - say mum can you get me the car seat?, sister can you get me a bumbo etc..... I wait til after the baby shower for gifts from my family. Ie I see what I get from friends and relatives then at the end look at what I still need and then say to my closest friends and immediate relatives - I still need to that the other- can you Guys chip in here at all?
    That way you get the best of both worlds - a whole lot of stuff you wouldn't have bought for yourself from distant relatives and friends and then some needed items from close friends and family. That's what I did and it worked for me. But each to your own and we all have different circles of friends - this is my second child so won't be having a shower but I definitely like the idea of food drops! I'm going to suggest that to my friends for gifts!!
    Absolutely fair enough - certainly wouldn't have it for the purpose of getting gifts but more for the fun of the actual shower. I know all of my girlfriends would bring something though - so I guess it's just a matter of deciding what works best - some great ideas around - especially the food drops - i could get them all to bring me something for my freezer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    i put on my invites something like this-
    please come celebrate the new baby
    Please come and join us for food and a big surprise (the scan was the surprise)
    please don't bring a present, please come and have a great time.
    Should you wish to bring something small, Aimee has included a registry for things that she needs.
    I only put that because I know my friends and I know they bring lots of presents to parties.
    no one came empty handed!!!!
    all good ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    We are most definitley having a baby shower. I have been to so many baby showers for friends and in-laws and relatives that I think it's most certainly my turn. That and the fact that I am the only girl in my family and my mum is sooo excited about finally getting to plan one.
    The only thing we will probably put on the invites in regards to gifts is that we will be using cloth nappies so if you wish to buy nappies then a voucher for one of the places I can get cloth ones from would be good. Otherwise I know I will end up with hundreds of disposables that we won't use.

Had my first event on the weekend where I actually felt pregnant, my cousins wedding. I have popped out a bit in the last week or 2 and the dress I wore certainly accentuated my tummy. It was kind of cool to actually be allowed to look pregnant and not have to worry about holding my tummy in all night.
    See this is the only thing with me - I have never been to a baby shower....all my girlfriends have never had one - and we have always taken a gift for the baby to the hospital...plus my mum is overseas and won't be coming out until bubs is a couple of months old..so I would be planning it myself (which I would love anyway lol)

Yay for you to be able to show off your bump at an event - I can't wait....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vonylook View Post
    Hi,

I did a High Tea for my baby shower. Everyone came and brought a present. I didn't ask for anything.... so left it up to them. And it was lovely as we all sat around and i opened them up in front of everyone was. it was great fun! I personally think its better than money.... as people like to see your gifts used... but thats just me. Then once my son was into those clothes... i took a pic of him in the outfit or playing with the toy and sent it to the person who gave it and said thanks.

Hope this helps and congrats.

vx
    I like the idea of a high tea very much.....so did you have games or anything like that or it was really a gathering of girlies celebrating the fact that you're all together before bubs comes...

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - Not sure if i missed it or not but have you had your scan yet? Dont worry about all the baby shower stuff, just do what comes naturally to you. All my friends have them, but they are usally an afternoon tea where all the ladies sit around and chat and then open presents .

had my blood tests this morning, now only 2 weeks and a few days until the scan. I best do some work.....grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm bored.
    Work sucks.
    2 weeks until holidays. Thank heavens.