Closed Thread
Page 110 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are thinking we will. Mainly because we have been wanting to be pregnant for soooo long and its our turn, we are the last in our group to have a baby. This is going to sound really bad, I have been to so many baby showers and given so many gifts it is my turn! I know selfish, I know.... If anything it will probably end up being a afternoon tea thing with a pool party for the kids...

Adden, your idea of the cleaner is a fab idea! My SIL had the food deliveries with her church, they all cooked dinner for her family when they came home with number 3 (all under 4 at that stage) and she was so grateful.

SL, we tend to do both, the baby shower and then when bubs arrives usually a gift of clothing. This is only for the first one though, round two is usually just a gift when bubs arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    We are thinking we will. Mainly because we have been wanting to be pregnant for soooo long and its our turn, we are the last in our group to have a baby. This is going to sound really bad, I have been to so many baby showers and given so many gifts it is my turn! I know selfish, I know.... If anything it will probably end up being a afternoon tea thing with a pool party for the kids...

Adden, your idea of the cleaner is a fab idea! My SIL had the food deliveries with her church, they all cooked dinner for her family when they came home with number 3 (all under 4 at that stage) and she was so grateful.

SL, we tend to do both, the baby shower and then when bubs arrives usually a gift of clothing. This is only for the first one though, round two is usually just a gift when bubs arrives.
    Good to know Nala thanks I'll definitely think about it - would have no idea what to do though as I've never been to one...

Loving the afternoon tea idea with the girls and the meal roster and house cleaners - all great ideas xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be having a baby shower, should be fun!!!

I had a horrible dream last night that I miscarried! I woke up very scared! Now I really wish my scan was sooner so I could know that everything is ok. Im sure it was just a dream, but I don't hope to dream it again anytime soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be having a baby shower, but it will be more like a BBQ! Friends and family get together to celebrate. Will be in a park somewhere, or by a pool somewhere, as it will be summer!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeanksta For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if I'm being totally naive or wrong but what's the go with the shower? Do people bring you money or gifts as they would a kitchen tea / bridal shower or are you supposed to register? Or do people have baby showers with no gifts or can you ask for money to go towards something big you want to buy?? Would love opinions on this...

Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not naive at all!
    I had to research for our first bub as I had no idea!
    we did a small registry, but not everyone used it.
    we were very spoilt, but no money.. i heard of savings bonds for baby or a piggy bank with cash.. but everyone is different. I wouldn't give cash for a baby personally. I know mums need the 'stuff'!
    saying that, I sing.. and my whole chorus put in some money and I got my porta cot out of that.. that was an awesome idea and we use it all the time!
    just put on your invite what you want.. people are used to anything these days!
    hope that helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Not naive at all!
    I had to research for our first bub as I had no idea!
    we did a small registry, but not everyone used it.
    we were very spoilt, but no money.. i heard of savings bonds for baby or a piggy bank with cash.. but everyone is different. I wouldn't give cash for a baby personally. I know mums need the 'stuff'!
    saying that, I sing.. and my whole chorus put in some money and I got my porta cot out of that.. that was an awesome idea and we use it all the time!
    just put on your invite what you want.. people are used to anything these days!
    hope that helped
    Thanks adden yes it did help xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine had a registry and it was great as you knew you where buying something she needed. Another one just emailed what she had so we had an idea of what not to get.
    Up to you I guess like adden said, anything goes. I am guessing that we won't really have a list or anything, my circle of friends are all mums and we are very relaxed so they will probably just ask... It is also a great excuse for the ladies to get together and have a gossip, eat cake, maybe a bit of champers... which we don't get to do much these days....

Alot of people play games but I am not a smell the nappy or guess the jelly bean kind of person.... But they are fun at large ones,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I am most definitely having a baby shower I am not sure where to be perfectly honest it's going to be a huge event not for gift grabbing but due to everyone I guess waiting for us to have a baby
    Didn't mean it as a gift grabbing event though it came out that way hey! Just meant its my turn and I would like the enjoyment of the shower... Hmm still sounds selfish hey.... Anyway... I always spoil my friends when they have babies as we are such a mummas kind of group and it's nice to be joining it rather than being aunty...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey
    re baby shower issue,
    my personal opinion is that you shouldn't have a registry. It's really presumptuous to assume you are getting a present. It also forces people to come with a gift. And in some cases people won't come because they feel put off but the must bring a gift scenario. Personally whenever I get an invite that comes with a caveat like : please give us money or please look at our gift registry I feel really offended and in fact I go out of my way nt to go or to buy something not on the registry!! I know all my friends roll their eyes when they get invites like that too and we all ***** behind the persons back and say things like - rude eh to expect a gift. Also what if that person is going thru a hard time financially and can't afford anything right now but will try hard to once the baby arrives?

so I reckon the best thing to do is word the invite With words like " come celbrate with us the impending arrival of our beautiful girl!" - the one advantage of knowing the sex. This way if people want to buy they at least buy age and sex appropriate stuff.

Lastly I feel it's ok to ask for things from your family - say mum can you get me the car seat?, sister can you get me a bumbo etc..... I wait til after the baby shower for gifts from my family. Ie I see what I get from friends and relatives then at the end look at what I still need and then say to my closest friends and immediate relatives - I still need to that the other- can you Guys chip in here at all?
    That way you get the best of both worlds - a whole lot of stuff you wouldn't have bought for yourself from distant relatives and friends and then some needed items from close friends and family. That's what I did and it worked for me. But each to your own and we all have different circles of friends - this is my second child so won't be having a shower but I definitely like the idea of food drops! I'm going to suggest that to my friends for gifts!!