Closed Thread
Page 101 of 143 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1422
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Grebbeci I understand what your talking about in terms of renovating and mess! I hope it is sorted out for you soon. We are renovating our ensuite atm, i actually showered outside in a tent for 8 months recently!

My dh never cooks or cleans, I'm not working atm and he works hard I don't mind but it is still hard when your feeling sick to get up and cook dinner.

I'm due in March and I seriously will have half a house when the baby comes home, we have planned this renovation for 8 years and we need to do it! So I don't have much choice but to cope. I'm not looking forward to having no kitchen or laundry but the show must go on. Gee I'm dreading it
    May the force be with you kmvw. I will be missing a shower soon, not looking forward to that bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    I'm due on the 15th march 2013 I'm just near 8wks it seems for ever to get to the 3month mark I just want this to hurry up so I can relax a bit this was our first go at ivf and are over the moon it's worked first go still seems unreal as iv had no morning sickness or anything shouldn't be complaining but I'm still heaps nervous about it all. Do u have another scan at 12wks ?
    Welcome Mrs Simmo and congrats on getting your BFP first go.

Your NT scan is usually booked around the 12 week mark. It's technically the screening scan for downs syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities, it's an optional scan.
    And yes, it does seem to take forever to get to that 12 week mark. Unfortunately I can't tell you that it speeds up after that either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Welcome Mrs Simmo and congrats on getting your BFP first go.

Your NT scan is usually booked around the 12 week mark. It's technically the screening scan for downs syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities, it's an optional scan.
    And yes, it does seem to take forever to get to that 12 week mark. Unfortunately I can't tell you that it speeds up after that either.
    Thanks for your response and help just seems so unreal and don't know where to start

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your response and help just seems so unreal and don't know where to start
    Know what you mean. I don't think it will seem real until there is a baby in my arms and I don't get told after 10 minutes that I need to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome aboard Silver and mrs simmo!! congrats on your pregnancies!

The nerves never go away I reckon.... maybe when we start feeling some movement that may ease our minds??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Ok so I am having a mild freak out. 13 weeks today and when I had my NT scan last week they told me I have 1 in 475 chance of baby being downs. They believe it is high for my age but not high risk. SHould I have amnio?
    Hi Meshell
    Definitely ask your Obs what has given you the result if you are worried (although anything over 300is considered low risk). If the fluid thickness behind the neck is low and there is a nasal bone you can feel much more confident all is well. It's important to go to a good tech who does nt scans all the time and not knees or something. If a tech is not so skilled it can affect the neck reading, as well as many techs don't know how to pick the nasal bone. If it were me I wouldn't do amino unless the factors leading to your reading are dodgy in their own right. The nt test is still only about 80% correct. There is a reason doctors suggest further testing if the result is under 300. You aren't even border line. Call your Obs and ask his/her opinion based on all the factors not just the numbers. Mine was 375 btw but Obs told me the other readings and said it was 99.8% fine. Must have good Obs and good tech IMO from working in the medical world GL x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Welcome aboard Silver and mrs simmo!! congrats on your pregnancies!

The nerves never go away I reckon.... maybe when we start feeling some movement that may ease our minds??
    Until it stops moving or you forget when it last moved! I know my worries will never end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know some of you have mentioned having hunger with MS, are your hunger pains very extreme? To the point you feel absolutely sick and get headaches if you don't eat right away?

I've had the worst hunger pains, nausea and headaches if I don't eat, I cannot function I'm starting to wonder if it is MS or low blood sugar...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell - I know I am not a doctor but I think that they are scare mongering a little. Neck measurements to worry about are over 3mm, a standard Nuchal fold measurement is around 1.6mm, 2mm is hardly a massive deviation. I am 25 also and my OB suggested not having an amnio and as I mentioned before, my risk was 1:255. The problem with being younger is that when there is a result that is slightly out it affects our 'chances' drastically. The risk calculator does account for age and regardless of age the high risk category is a chance of more than 1:300. You are well outside that range.
    You're choice obviously but I really think she is stressing you out more than she needs to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm due on the 15th march 2013 I'm just near 8wks it seems for ever to get to the 3month mark I just want this to hurry up so I can relax a bit this was our first go at ivf and are over the moon it's worked first go still seems unreal as iv had no morning sickness or anything shouldn't be complaining but I'm still heaps nervous about it all. Do u have another scan at 12wks ?
    Welcome mrs simmo and congratulations. It does seem a long wait to get to that 12 week mark... I didn't have ms either and only sick now as I have a virus...yes you should be having another scan at 12 weeks and a blood test at around 10 weeks...good luck with the wait