Closed Thread
Page 100 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1500
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well ladies just got back from my GP and I have a silly virus : ( she given me a certificate off work for the rest of the week so it's panadol, fluids and rest rest rest for me...at least I get to spend the next few days in bed when it's so cold outside...oh and I got maccas on the way home to cheer me up - it worked, just finishing my vanilla milkshake now....yuuuummmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    To all those wanting more info on modern cloth nappies. Check out darlingsdownunder.com.au
    They have heaps of information on what modern cloth is and it's difference to the old terry towelling ones. They also explain the differences between all the modern cloth nappies (and trust me there are a lot of different types out there)
    You can buy starter packs from there too that have a number of different styles in a number of different brands so you can try a few brands out on your bub, it seems that much like disposables some MCNs are better for some babies than others. And they do online laybuy that's what we are going to do, laybuy a couple of different starter packs and go from there once bubs comes along.
    SL- The disposable liners are not thick like pads. They are quite thin sheets that go in the nappy that allow the moisture from number 1's to go through but catch the solids from number 2's, and then the liner just goes in the toilet. Bamboo liners are becoming quite popular.
    Are you talking about starter packs with the one brand nappy or are they a mixture??? I only ask because I had 2 different 'trial' packs and I found that I should have just ordered one of each rather than the 6 in the trial packs. I had 6 of one brand and 6 of another and then got stuck with the 6 that weren't suited to my bub. It was a waste of money.

All the ladies asking about the liners here is my experience.

I use an all in one MCN and I use a flushable liner. So when I change DD2 I flush the liner away and put her nappy in the wash.

Boosters are different. Boosters absorb all the liquid and depending on the type of nappy you can add as many as is needed. My DD2 is a heavy wetter so we use more boosting than someone who has a light wetter.

I'm happy to answer any questions on MCN's as I am also a consultant for an MCN company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Ok so I am having a mild freak out. 13 weeks today and when I had my NT scan last week they told me I have 1 in 475 chance of baby being downs. They believe it is high for my age but not high risk. SHould I have amnio?

Hmmm thats a toughy meshell. Did they tell you what was high - was it the neck thickness or the PAPP A or free HCG measurement that contributed to the high risk. its not your age. you have a right to know your results so id be telephoning them asking which results was high and why....
    As for amnio my friends had 3 and no miscarriage. This is my personal opinion but if that was my result id be having an amnio - i always said that if my risk came in at 1:500 or more then id be having an amnio. its my personal opinion that i couldnt raise a downs baby and if it was then i would not continue the pregnancy. My perosnal opinion is i would be having an amnio. But you should discuss this with your OB and make your own informed decision. can you perhaps repeat the NT scan and get new blood tests at a different radiologist. you still have a few days to do this. perhaps this may help you make a decision and give you reassurance either way. if my results had come in 1:500 or more then i was going to go to an different ultrasound place and have new bloods done etc and get a second opinion....i think you have to 13+4 to get reliable results......
    whens your next appointment??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    Are you talking about starter packs with the one brand nappy or are they a mixture??? I only ask because I had 2 different 'trial' packs and I found that I should have just ordered one of each rather than the 6 in the trial packs. I had 6 of one brand and 6 of another and then got stuck with the 6 that weren't suited to my bub. It was a waste of money.

I use an all in one MCN and I use a flushable liner. So when I change DD2 I flush the liner away and put her nappy in the wash.

Boosters are different. Boosters absorb all the liquid and depending on the type of nappy you can add as many as is needed. My DD2 is a heavy wetter so we use more boosting than someone who has a light wetter.

I'm happy to answer any questions on MCN's as I am also a consultant for an MCN company.
    The trial packs have nappies from a bunch of different makers. Different trial packs too, like an all in one trial pack, or a pocket nappy trial pack. We will probably get 1 of each of those packs to try both different types, and pick a brand from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I have actually come over from Essential Baby from a similar thread, but was just browsing and thought I would post.
    I am due 2/2/13 with my first baby (from IVF first cycle after 18 mths trying)
    Main reason I'm posting is to reply to Grebbeci - because my DH was the same during the first trimester - I had to keep reminding him I was pregnant! Because I wasn't that sick, he would always forget how tired I would be and I would be washing up everynight and often cooking dinner too. I'm 13 weeks now, and he is still a bit like this. He says just to ask and he will do it, but I wish he would just do it without me having to ask, I shouldnt have to get upset about it to get him to do something. He will cook sometimes but only once or twice a week - sometimes if I dont cook he will just get takeaway which is not great. And yes I get home from work at about 5:30-6 every night too, and I work 6 days a week, and often he is sitting on the couch till I get home. Oh well, I do love him, just needed to vent, and your post was so similar to what I go through - I also get the guilt trip about not wanting to BD a lot anymore - even though I still make sure its once a week at least!
    I just hope when I get bigger and bigger, it will be more obvious I will need help!
    Anyway I will pop in here every now and again and hope to get to know you ladies a bit more. I am more anonymous over here too, as someone I know IRL found me on EB!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to silveretta For This Useful Post:

Grebbeci  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post

Oooh good to know thanks xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by silveretta View Post
    Hi all, I have actually come over from Essential Baby from a similar thread, but was just browsing and thought I would post.
    I am due 2/2/13 with my first baby (from IVF first cycle after 18 mths trying)
    Main reason I'm posting is to reply to Grebbeci - because my DH was the same during the first trimester - I had to keep reminding him I was pregnant! Because I wasn't that sick, he would always forget how tired I would be and I would be washing up everynight and often cooking dinner too. I'm 13 weeks now, and he is still a bit like this. He says just to ask and he will do it, but I wish he would just do it without me having to ask, I shouldnt have to get upset about it to get him to do something. He will cook sometimes but only once or twice a week - sometimes if I dont cook he will just get takeaway which is not great. And yes I get home from work at about 5:30-6 every night too, and I work 6 days a week, and often he is sitting on the couch till I get home. Oh well, I do love him, just needed to vent, and your post was so similar to what I go through - I also get the guilt trip about not wanting to BD a lot anymore - even though I still make sure its once a week at least!
    I just hope when I get bigger and bigger, it will be more obvious I will need help!
    Anyway I will pop in here every now and again and hope to get to know you ladies a bit more. I am more anonymous over here too, as someone I know IRL found me on EB!
    Hi Silveretta,

I think Bubhub is a good place to be. Congrats on the BFP on first try with IVF too. That must be really annoying having someone pick you out on EB, It would be like when I had to add my MIL to my facebook friends, just wasn't the same anymore.
    DH's can be sooo frustrating. Couldn't tell you how many times over the last 4 months I have had to say 'I'm growing a HUMAN, it's hard work.'

Still love him though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,

Grebbeci, can you ask your dh to help out, maybe I cooked dinner so you clear up? Its so unfair that your doing it all! I can see how he could be thinking he is getting the cave ready, but your baking a bubba and need to rest. Your walk is so important to get in somewhere, maybe put it to him that you need to walk, would he mind cooking dinner/washing up? Surely he would understand the endorphins are needed?

I can't believe your renovating! I totally get where your coming re the mess. We are in the middle of moving some rooms around and while I can handle it for a day or two, it gets too much after a while and I snap.there is just crap everywhere, and youve probably got saw dust around the place too! Grr we are about to get a 2nd loo put in but luckily that is one days work.

One you start to pop you won't be feeling like a heffa, it feels a little better with a bump but still hate the fact I have to buy bigger clothes. What I hate the most is my thighs and bum are expanding too! Will be worth it in the end.

Meshell, I think they are ok odds, like mentioned above I thought below 300 was high risk? I don't know much on the subject I'm afraid.

SL hope your resting and get better soon
    Lillyponds, the mcn expert has arrived!! You've been quiet of late, hope your well,

Man this takes ages to write in the iPhone!
    Last edited by Nala9000; 01-08-2012 at 20:28.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebbeci I understand what your talking about in terms of renovating and mess! I hope it is sorted out for you soon. We are renovating our ensuite atm, i actually showered outside in a tent for 8 months recently!

My dh never cooks or cleans, I'm not working atm and he works hard I don't mind but it is still hard when your feeling sick to get up and cook dinner.

I'm due in March and I seriously will have half a house when the baby comes home, we have planned this renovation for 8 years and we need to do it! So I don't have much choice but to cope. I'm not looking forward to having no kitchen or laundry but the show must go on. Gee I'm dreading it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due on the 15th march 2013 I'm just near 8wks it seems for ever to get to the 3month mark I just want this to hurry up so I can relax a bit this was our first go at ivf and are over the moon it's worked first go still seems unreal as iv had no morning sickness or anything shouldn't be complaining but I'm still heaps nervous about it all. Do u have another scan at 12wks ?