+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we recently bought a 2008 80 000K on the clock oddsessy for I think under 18000. I really like it. We were debating between the toyota kluger and the oddessey for ages but since we never do off-road or 4wd it just made sense.

Plus popping the capsule into/out of odsessy is much easier than kluger when I tried it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    we recently bought a 2008 80 000K on the clock oddsessy for I think under 18000. I really like it. We were debating between the toyota kluger and the oddessey for ages but since we never do off-road or 4wd it just made sense.

Plus popping the capsule into/out of odsessy is much easier than kluger when I tried it out.
    That's a really good deal.

Just curious though if it has a lap/sash belt in the middle seat of the middle row? I was trying to work it out whether it was the 2008 or 2009 models that they changed it.

Just curious as we have a 1999 Honda Odyssey and will be getting a new car soon. We were thinking if we did the Odyssey again we would want all 7 seats with the lap/sash and do similar to OP and just use the 3 seats accross the middle and the back when we need it. But I can't do that at the moment with the lap only in the middle and no anchor point there. Other than that I really like the Odyssey. It's a nice car to drive without feeling like a big car.

But now we are leaning towards a new smaller car if we think we can deal with less space rather than used.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently bought a 2004 model Territory (7 seater) ready for when #3 bubs is born in August. We paid $18990 for it with pretty low k's. I love my car and there are so many positives, lots of space, baby seat anchor points in 2nd and 3rd row, lots of cup holders and storage, easy to drive etc. The two negatives I do find are the fuel conumption (on out AWD) is quite high and the boot space when 3rd row is up is limited. I am able to JUST fit my strider if I remove one wheel but a side by side is out of the question. Other than that it is perfect for our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    VW Multivan or Caravelle are unbeatable for space and are shorter than a Subaru liberty wagon. They're also amazingly fuel efficient if you get a diesel one. Can fit carseats, double pram and shopping. Don't really feel too van-like either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    Yes DH wants(is dreaming about) a Prado but they are way out of our $$$. We really don't want to go below 2004 model of a car which is what we have now. I like the look of the Rondo but I don't think our 3 car seats will fit across it without it being squashy which is a real shame.

A dont want to drive a van DH wants a tarago, I think they look ugly and I don't want to feel like I am driving a bus (SIL has one).

I like the look of the ford territory or Volvo xc90 (can just fit in our price range). DH doesn't want a territory. The way I see it is I have to drive it so I should get what I want/like but he seems to think he gets the say. We have 4 weeks to bub is here and the rate we are going we won't have a car to drive the 3 children. Thats alright for him he won't be the one stuck at home unable to go anywhere.
    Our seats fit fine. I thought it would be squishy given dd1 and dd2 seats are very wide but surprising they all fit comfortably.