+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please help me choose a new 7 seater car

I am looking for a 2nd hand 7 seater car that fits 3 carseats across the middle row(we have a maxi rider, maxi cosi complete air and another seat that I can't think of its name but is quite wide and will not be getting more seats). The third row will only be used when we have extra people so not very often. Our absolute top limit is $18000. Suggestions please?
    Last edited by mordygordy; 05-05-2012 at 16:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a Kia Rondo 7. Brilliant car! Was a toss up between that and the Territory. The Kia isn't as big as a territory but more spacious inside, it's a hell of a lot easier to maneuver then a territory and is absolutely magic with fuel consumption. To give you an idea on space inside, we had a full middle row and one very back seat being used, and still had room to pack 3 suitcases, pram, porta cot, esky and pretty much everything except the kitchen sink we needed for a week holiday with 2 adults and 4 kids up north. We reckon we will never buy a different car, when the time comes we will just upgrade to a new model Rondo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toyota landcruiser or prado

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post

Don't bother with either of these if you won't take it off road.

Try the Kia carnivale, I've heard fantastic things about them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love love love my Chrysler Grand Voyager!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

18k limit wont get much for either of these, they hold their value very well, so you wont be able to get anything over a 2000 model on the landcruiser and around an 02 model prado - great cars but high usually come with high milage when brought 2nd hand and not really worth buying unless you do alot of offroading. That said, the the higer miles and older models don't bother you and you do alot of offroading go for it, they hold fuel fairly well, fit 3 carseats across the middle and still very roomy, but because they are 4wds you will be paying alot more for services, parts are pretty cheap though.

We are still tossing up between a honda oddessey and a ford territory - leaning toward the territory more though.

Thanks
    Reviews

I probably should have mentioned that we have horses and tow alot which is why I suggested these and I think toyotas are good cars, I like the honda oddessy though

Thanks
    Reviews
    well i only have a 5 seater territory but i truly love it. i also only have 2 kids but regularly have 3 car seats in my car i have a maxi rider ahr, meridian ahr and a mothers choice seat and they fit comfortably. the maxi and meridian are both extra wide i so i think most seats will fit 3 across.

like i said i don't have the 7 seater but i know a few people that do and its great. the boot is massive when u don't have the extra row of seats in and its beautiful to drive in.

good luck trying to decide on a car its always fun lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We have a Prado and it's great, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a good one with relatively low km's for $18,000. They retain their value quite well.

Also agree with the off road comment. Ours definitely cops a beating!

I would go for something like a Kia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes DH wants(is dreaming about) a Prado but they are way out of our $$$. We really don't want to go below 2004 model of a car which is what we have now. I like the look of the Rondo but I don't think our 3 car seats will fit across it without it being squashy which is a real shame.

A dont want to drive a van DH wants a tarago, I think they look ugly and I don't want to feel like I am driving a bus (SIL has one).

I like the look of the ford territory or Volvo xc90 (can just fit in our price range). DH doesn't want a territory. The way I see it is I have to drive it so I should get what I want/like but he seems to think he gets the say. We have 4 weeks to bub is here and the rate we are going we won't have a car to drive the 3 children. Thats alright for him he won't be the one stuck at home unable to go anywhere.