+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I take elevit as my first obs recommended it. Ive never had a problem with it so will keep taking for this pregnancy. I have also been taking fish oil capsules (not made from fish liver).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I take Elevit and a few fish oil tablets a day I asked friend who had just had a baby and got her recommendation of Elevit (although I was already leaning towards it anyway).

I found it can cause constipation, but a bit of extra fibre or a piece of fruit helps heaps I don't find it too expensive but I do buy it in the bulk packs of 100 so it works out ok in the long run.

These days they are all pretty good, so its very much a personal choice of what works for you best

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take Blackmores and did with DS also. When i was preg with DS the chemist reccommended Blackmores because most levels were the same but Blackmores had a higher level of fish oil/omega 3. They are quite often on special as well. MY GP said he reccommended Elevit purely because that is what all the studies had been done on and he hadn't even read the blackmores label!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started with blackmores in first trimester but couldnt stand the vanilla smell, so I switched to elevit, however due to the high iron level, I found myself constipated all the time and it wasn't comfortable. A few weeks ago I switched back to blackmores as it has omega 3, I am feeling so much better, I guess morning sickness is over for me I no longer find the smell irritating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am taking blackmores.
    Silly question, am I meant to be taking the two capsules together or at different times of the day? I've been taking both at breakfast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    apparently you can get blackmores with iodine now, but I haven't looked myself as I still have half a bottle. I tried elevit with my first, but there was too much iron and it did horrible things to my digestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw both in the chemist, elevit was $50 for 100 tabs (1per day) and blackmores was $60 for 180 (2 per day). I thought blackmores was supposed to be the cheaper one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demdez View Post
    I too am taking blackmores.
    Silly question, am I meant to be taking the two capsules together or at different times of the day? I've been taking both at breakfast!
    Either/or. I take them both at the same time. My doctor said if they were a bit much for me when I had morning sickness, I could take one in the morning and one at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria4 View Post
    I take Swisse "Pregnancy + Ultivite", it contains Iodine and the dose is one a day. i started off using Elevit but swapped as the Swisse are half the price with the same ingredients.
    Not completely true. They have the same ingredients however not the same dosage amounts. I found out that I am aproximately 4 weeks pregnant the other day and so I have started the hunt on which pregnancy supplement I should take. I went to the chemist today and compared Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, SWISSE PREGNANCY + ULTIVITE and Elevit with Iodine. Swisse won when compared to Blackmores in regards to value for money and containing slightly more vitamins and minerals and higher doses. However Elevit came out on top as the overall winner which had a noticeable higher dose in all vitamins and minerals than Swisse, so you do get what you pay for. I compared each vitamin and mineral side by side. I am also Iron defficient so the high dose of iron in Elevit is good for me. My doctor also suggested Elevit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started on blackmores but found it made me sick so I switched to Elevit and have had no problems with it at all - i have been taking it for over 12 months now.