+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Switching formula at 6 months old from reflux?

As the title says, I want to switch little Eli from NAN AR starter formula to one that will give him what he needs now he's older. We've started giving him farex and he seems to be ok with that so far, only one feed a day (morning), I'll begin with some veggies soon.

The only thing is he was a refluxy baby and I don't want to make his throwing up worse by putting him on a normal secondary formula.

Have any of you tried this and what did you go from-to?
    I want to go from his NAN AR to the NAN 6month+ one...
    He needs a new one as the one he's on now isn't giving him enough, he seems so hungry all the time now and doesn't seem as satisfied after a bottle. I would prefer to stay with a partially hydrolysed formula as that is what his tummy is used to.

Kind regards, Nat and Eli

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just changed over from a starter formula (karicare aptimal gold step 1) to a follow on formula and have found it had made my ds constipated. I have also been told & read that you can leave them on the step 1 formula and that it is not necessary to change them to follow on formula. I am going to finish the tin of follow on I have and see how it goes, but if he is still constipated by the time I need to buy more I'm going back to the step1 formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we ended up switching him to the nan pro2 formula, and he took to it perfectly! It's alot thinner too, so it doesn't take as long for him to feed either, so that's more play time for him before he gets tired. He vomits a fair amount more, but it's not bothering him or causing any problems other than laundry so I'm happy!