+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At the beach
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I found these amazing Anita maternity bras which actually have an underwire. I'm a dd cup and got very bad back aches from maternity bras for DD1 and DD2. Once I wore underwire maternity bras for DS1 I actually found them so comfortable it didn't bother me that I had to wear them all the time. I found I had to wear maternity bras until I weaned my kids (all between 13 and 15 months) as it was just easier.

At night I found laleche feeding bras the most comfortable (kind of like a sports top but a cross over at the front). I personally couldn't get comfortable in the bonds maternity singlets. I was also told by a midwife to wear very supportive feeding tops in the first few days or weeks as the milk is getting established as this can help prevent mastitis.

I also bought the cotton nursing pads for nighttime to save a bit of money. Avent make them.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wear one 24/7 and have needed breast pads from day dot. DD just needs to cry and that's enough for me to leak

I have got a breastfeeding sleep top (same section as the bras in the store) come to think of it with a bra built in but only gets worn a couple nights a week when washed. That's pretty comfy and I don't feel like I'm wearing a bra AND a top to bed...

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wear a maternity bra 24/7 and it's recommended you start before 20 weeks of pregnancy too - I started pretty much straight away in my 2nd pregnancy as I changed sizes before 4 weeks! I didn't change size with ds til after he was born! I got a majamas EasyBra to sleep in - it's stretchy, but supportive and it doesn't have clips to dig into the area near your arm pits - nothing is worse when you're trying to grab a bit of sleep! You just pull the cups aside to feed (I'm a D cup and it works well).

I bought a number of cloth breastpads and used them during the day, but they didn't work for me overnight at all. I leaked badly overnight from day 1 with my dd (didn't leak til my ds was 5 months old!). I use disposible breast pads for overnight (johnsons & johnsons ones). Now, my dd is 7 months old and I can usually manage without breastpads during the day, unless I'm at work and going a bit longer than usual between feeds. I just wear pads for overnight.

I wear feeding nighties from BigW for nighttime - it has nursing slots in the top that means I stay warm, but I can easily feed. Best things I bought! They usually have baby sales twice a year and have some sort of feeding pj's & nighties available at that time (they get the stock in store then and so it can stay around, but I don't see them getting new stock in at other times of the year for this category).

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I wear one 24/7 and have needed breast pads from day dot. DD just needs to cry and that's enough for me to leak

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub
    Another big leaker here. I had to wear breast pads for all of the 15.5 months I fed DS and DD is not quite 3 weeks old ATM but I am leaking a lot again.

With DS I wore a maternity bra 24/7, including sleeping in them as I am a G/H cup so no breastfeeding singlets were big enough for my massive boobs. However this time I have bought two Hot Milk breast-feeding singlets and they are great. A bit roomy in the body but give nice support for my breasts and are great for sleeping in. I actually am about to order a couple more to save having to constantly wash them.