+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Childcare Usage statement

My ds attended Childcare for the whole of 2010 and I'm trying to claim my child care rebate for the 09/10 and 10/11 financial years. But, I'm struggling to prove my ds was in childcare. It seems his childcare didn't pass on any information to centrelink and so I contacted them to ask them to do so. After multiple e-mails the only thing they'd do is e-mail me a copy of his childcare usage statement for 2010 (except he also went for 4 weeks of 2011). The problem is that it has been exported poorly from their database and the only way to make sense of it is to cut & paste 4 pages into one (hard to explain). I asked them to pass it onto Centrelink and included my letter from Centrelink explaining it, but they said I have to submit it myself.

Did you have to submit your childcare usage statement or did the centre do it for you? I'm worried if I submit the poorly formatted version I've had sent to me it will be rejected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've never had to submit it myself. It's always been linked automatically through the childcare centre and centrelink.

It sounds really odd that you have to do it yourself. Does the childcare centre have a head office?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

mim1  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me either, I had to supply my CCR number (I think that it) to the daycare from centerlink and then went online to centerlink and filled out the form how I wanted it paid. Eg 1/4 1/2 yearly ect.

I also find it odd u have to do it as Childcare comps are linked with centerlink for this info
    Last edited by tjewell; 05-05-2012 at 09:51.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tjewell For This Useful Post:

mim1  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mmm ... according to the thing she sent through they didn't have my ds's CRN number on their records, but surely, once I give it to them it shouldn't be an issue. It's annoying cause I have already questioned her multiple times, so it seems the only way to make it happen will be to go to Centrelink and give them what I have and see what happens. The Childcare centre person said that she couldn't submit it due to privacy legislation and that just sounded silly to me!

It's a single centre, with no head office unfortunately. The director when my ds was there was great and obviously the replacement director is not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes CRN number. I had to give it to the Childcare within the week of my DD starting. That's the only way centerlink can track it and process ur payments.
    My friend is head of the daycare my DD is in, I'll ask her on Monday and let you know

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tjewell For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mim1, my name is Rahul and I work at the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this one.

You'd normally only need to provide your and your child's Centrelink Reference Number (CRN) to your child care centre (Approved Service Provider). They would then provide us with your child's attendance details.

Just to make sure we've got your details correct though, I'd encourage you to call the Families and Parents line on 13 6150 (8am to 8pm local time, Monday to Friday).

Hope that helps

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misterr676 For This Useful Post:

mim1  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rahul,
    I rang the 13 number last Thursday to get my daughter's CRN, and was told it would be a 50min wait on hold. I couldn't wait that long, so submitted a "call me back" form. It's been 3 business days - do you think I will get called back?

ETA - sorry for the hijack mim

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunshine81 For This Useful Post:

mim1  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rahul. I definitely know my ds's CRN number, but I don't think I put it on the childcare forms when I enrolled him. I gave it to them when I asked them to pass on the info to Centrelink and they said I needed to give the info to Centrelink myself. You've given me the confidence to ring the Child Care Centre again and get them to do what I need them to do! Thanks!

Sunshine ... that's a long time. I'd be calling back. Hijack away, I don't mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I contacted the childcare centre again and finally the Director explained that the information had been at Centrelink for a long time and she didn't know why they said they didn't have the information. She said that she thought I might get further with them than her in finding out why. BUT, she offered to ring them for me and try & get it sorted.

4 days later I have the rebate in my account! Finally! Yeah!