+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNinOZ View Post
    I never thought this would be me- even though you always know it is a possibility. We were so thrilled that we got pregnant on our own after DS was conceived using IVF. Unfortunately the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I had no idea until our 10 week check when the OB told us. We opted for a D&C and my OB was able to get me in that day- he was really good and very supportive. He did tell me (and gave me some literature as well) that said I should experience light bleeding for a couple days followed by 3-4 days of heavy bleeding. We're now on day 5 and at best I've had some light spotting when I wipe. Today I've had really bad cramps but still nothing. Do you think this is okay? Should I give it a few more days and if I still have nothing call my OB's office?

Also when does that horrible achy emotional feeling start to fade? I'm sure it will never really go away but it just hurts so much right now.
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Such horrible news . I hope you're coping ok.

I had a D&C when I miscarried at 10 weeks (fetus had died at 8.5wks). My OB said I could get light bleeding. But he said the D&C is like getting your period as he cleans it all out, like your body would during a period. I didn't get any bleeding till I was due to have my period 28 days later. Then when I got my period it was mega heavy, and I mean MEGA! Maybe talk to your OB, but I think it's probably normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for everyone's loss in this section. It just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

Thanks for sharing Dirt Girlie. I'll be ready for the next period.

Sending everyone lots of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bih hugs for your loss .. it sux!

I lost my little Noah just shy of 12 weeks. I had a D&C and had a bit of bleeding after it, and then just spotting for about 5 days afterwards. Didn't actually bleed enough to fill a pad or anything like that. AF arrived 34 days later and was so painful I wanted to die! But I was told that it was most likely because I had miscarried again. I had pregnancy symptoms about a week before AF leading right up until those horrid cramps started which was at 32 days.

Wishing you all the best in TTC #2 when you are ready. Don't give up hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks FirstTimeMummy. We are going to try again very soon but I needed to get my rubella vaccine updates so we have to wait a month.

Yesterday (9 days after my D&C) I had some bleeding. Like I would normally get when AF starts. So now I'm very confused. If it keeps going today I'm give the OBs office call.