+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default D&C 5 days ago and no bleeding?

I never thought this would be me- even though you always know it is a possibility. We were so thrilled that we got pregnant on our own after DS was conceived using IVF. Unfortunately the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I had no idea until our 10 week check when the OB told us. We opted for a D&C and my OB was able to get me in that day- he was really good and very supportive. He did tell me (and gave me some literature as well) that said I should experience light bleeding for a couple days followed by 3-4 days of heavy bleeding. We're now on day 5 and at best I've had some light spotting when I wipe. Today I've had really bad cramps but still nothing. Do you think this is okay? Should I give it a few more days and if I still have nothing call my OB's office?

Also when does that horrible achy emotional feeling start to fade? I'm sure it will never really go away but it just hurts so much right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone have an opinion? Even if you this exact situation hasn't happened to you, what do you think you would do? I really just need some advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly sorry for your loss!

It's normal to only spot after wards I never bled heavily after dnc, I was told that is all I would get and If I did get heavy then that was a problem. Emotionally it takes time, look after yourself xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I'm so sorry you have had to go they this - never a nice thing!

I had the same thing happen to me a year ago. Went to see my OB for my first check up and the baby had died the week before. I had the same as you a d&c and was told the same.

I didnt have much bleeding at all but like you all the cramping & thinking I was going to start bleeding. I only ever had a brown d/charge which lasted for about 2 weeks.

I just assumed my OB took majority of it away & that's why I didn't really bleed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry you've had to go through this horrible experience.

With the bleeding I think it may also have to do with how far along you were. I had a d&c at 12.5wks & had period like bleeding for at least a week then it tapered off for another week or so. I was concerned that I was bleeding too much (I also assumed most would have 'gone' with the procedure) and she assured me it was completely normal being a little further along.

Be kind to yourself and best wishes for the future

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry for your loss *hugs*

I bled for a week and a half after my D&C, and we lost our baby at 7 weeks.

You will feel better, I promise you that. We found out on the 9th of April and a week later I was dealing with it a lot better. You never forget, but you learn to accept it. My advice to you would be not to let anyone tell you how to feel, cry as much as you need to and take it one day at a time. I'm so sorry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post:

Lucasmumma  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had very light bleeding the day after my D&C then no bleeding or pain or anything for 2 days then 2 days with light bleeding and cramps.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I found out of the 13th of April, had my D&C on the 16th (hardest weekend ever!). After a few days I wasn't wanting to cry all the time but then my hubby came home on the 21st and that bought on a fresh wave of emotions. I went back to work on the 24th and I would say that I felt more normal and less teary. Going back to work really helped busy it has kept me busy. Also speaking to a counselor helped a lot. Chatting to the lovely missybubble helped me also.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mallie For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (05-05-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallie View Post
    Chatting to the lovely missybubble helped me also.
    Naww, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry xo it's the pits isn't it?I had my d&c November 6th andI actually had a fair bit of bleeding for about a week and a bit our baby was 6wks4days but I was meant to be 8wks3days so I guess that's why? I have had normal periods etc since so I thi k maybe normal is diff for everyone...My advice it it takes time, I lost my baby 6 months ago tomorrow and I think about it EVERY day... My due date is coming up in 6 wks and my friend is due in 8. Not sure how I'm goin g to manage that but I guess u do what you got to. I guess where I'm going is just let you decide when you feel better and don't listen to anyone else about how U should feel good luck xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies. With the bleeding I guess I could look at it as the OB did a good job at getting most of the lining out and therefore not much bleeding. Who knows. I see him in a couple weeks so I think I'll wait and ask him then. I see my GP on Tuesday so I'll also mention it.

As for the emotions. I think I will just need to take it one day at a time. I try not to get upset around DS because he picks up on it. I sometimes just wake up in the middle of the night and cry. Maybe I just need some time to grieve. It's hard.