+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gym creche

Hi

I've just joined a gym to get some exercise and me time. There is a crèche there and I take ds there.

Trouble Is, is he cries for a lot of the time I put him in, I've only worked up to 50 minutes. They have two sessions, one at 9.15 and one at 10.30. My ds usually has his nap at around 11 - 12 at home, so I've tried the 9.15 session.

He still cries though and that was his fifth time there, I thought about the 10.30 session as there is less kids in that one and he can get more one on one care then, we tried that for the first three but he still cried, so I thought it was because he was tired and tried the earlier one, but no, he was worse the last one.

Any advice? I really need to keep going as it's the only me time I get as we have no relatives to baby sit. Ds is 15 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS2 used to cry for a little while when i dropped him off at creche too. The ladies would come and get me if he didn't settle, or to let me know he was fine. He generally settled within a few minutes, only really cried cos he didn't want me to go. I've been going since August, and now he loves going to creche, and has a favourite lady in there he cuddles.

Can you ask the carers in there to let you know how he's going? Do they come and get you if he's really distressed? He's only been 5 times, it might take him a while to get used to it. Do you take a snack for him to have there? Maybe let him help you get the snack organised before you go so he feels excited to sit down and eat it with the other children. I tried the later session with DS2 at my gym, but i found it harder as he had no other children to play with and distract him, plus creche is some social time for him too, so i didn't want him to be missing out.

It's a hard one. I find the gym beneficial for me physically and mentally, and now that DS2 enjoys creche, it's beneficial for him too. Maybe ask the carers what suggestions they have too....i' sure your DS isn't the first wee one to feel sad for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Errr I hate them... I was treated like a b#tch because I aksed too many questions! My poor ds went twice once came back with scratches all ocer his face and the second time was left in a swing in the sun with a bottle for an hour!

My advise though.. Make sure u let your child know u will be back.. Dont just take off when they are distracted. And maybe bring a comforter.. Something they like.
    Maybe stay with them one day then the next leave for 20mins then extend the time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Ds does the same but after a few weeks hes setlled in a bit more. He still cries when i leave but only to make me feel bad...he stops after a few minutes and has a great time with the ladies.
    My advice would be to NOT change the times, you'll be starting from scratch if you do. Also, does he have a comforter? I started letting DS having his 'bunny' and hes been alot better.

I also started making sure DS had a snack before he went (as theres no eating the in creche) and that also helped.

I know its hadr but persistance and routine is the key. Keep in up once a week and let him get used to everything. Try not to worry, if he is too distressed they will come and you!!!
    The gym i go to, the ladies a great and both my kids a great with it now.
    Even though DS still has a cry when i leave i LOVE my gym time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah agree with the comforter and persevere! DD always used to cry with the initial separation! Now she runs in there and doesn't look back - she loves it. The ladies are amazing in there though. When she was younger it didn't matter if I was there during sleep time - they would rock her to sleep in her pram! You must have some you time! If you are feeling healthy and fit you will be happier and be a better mum to your ds!! Going to the gym really helped my post natal anxiety etc!! Good luck - I hope it improves soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This will be me on Thursday, DS is also 15 months and is super clingy but I need to get back into fitness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 13 months and would cry for the whole hour for about 10 weeks. I felt awful but I know I needed that time as my DP is FIFO. I always make sure I say bye and see you a bit later. She has stopped now but it's stressful when your in the middle of it. Keep trying. I am sure this will pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to work in a gymcrechr and it does take kiddies a long time to adjust! especially if obey going once a week

I had a few that would cry nonstop but by about the 7th week they were fine our mums could see in the windows an would often do a thumbs up or down to me so I'd tell them how bubs was doing

some would just leave them and keep checking through window others would come get them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS3 is almost 15 months old, and he cries almost every time i take him into the Creche. He settles shortly after i leave though ( i spy at the door to make sure he is ok )
    The ladies like me to leave him in his pram when we arrive, If he is upset they talk to him, give him toys, comfort him etc,when he settles they take him out. The pram is a familiar thing to him so i think it helps him feel more 'at home'

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is such great advice, I'm relieved now, I will definitely keep going. We go twice a week, and I know he will get better. The ladies are lovely.