+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Change tables: which direction is best?

I have a strange question.

I thought all change tables were the same, baby lies feet towards you.
    But after going to the shops today I have found there's also the other kind where baby lies horizontally, either head to the right or left. Or do you still just walk around the side of the table where babies feet are?

I'm so confused! Which kind is better? And are they better with drawers or just shelves underneath?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ours has a shelf underneath and I stand at DDs feet. I find side-on a bit awkward. I guess it really depends on the space you're working with.

The shelf is good, easy access to everything. Unfortunately it also means everything is easy access for DD too now that she's crawling around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to use a side on one at a former workplace and found I'd always position myself at the end where baby's feet were anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm too uncoordinated for sideways ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    I'm too uncoordinated for sideways ones.
    It looks tricky!
    But do they whack one arm into the wall on those ones anyway?

Seriously, I think change tables are the most confusing baby product there is. Maybe I'm just losing my mind! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We do sideways and I suppose as that's what we are used to it feels funny any other way! I change him head to the left but DH does it the other way! Our changeable is actually a chest a draws with a tray attachment on top so you can take it off when he gets too big ( he is 18 months and 13kg and we still use it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My recommendation would be don't spend too much money. My kids all were walking by 10 months and that's when it became impossible to use a change table. I'd pack it away until the next baby. But to each there own. Happy shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My change table was used to put all my junk on. I just changed him on my bed or the floor

9. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemum View Post
    My recommendation would be don't spend too much money. My kids all were walking by 10 months and that's when it became impossible to use a change table. I'd pack it away until the next baby. But to each there own. Happy shopping.
    Oh I've definitely heard it's a love/hate thing with change tables. I'm looking on eBay though incase I do hate it. I just saw a matching cot and change table for $50! For that price I'll give it a go!
    I just don't want to find out that one direction is way better than another later.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wippy For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Ours is with bubs feet towards us and there are just shelves underneath but I did buy a plastic cady that hangs off the side which is really handy. I love our change table and it saves my back..don't know how I'd live without it!!

I hate the sideways change tables..all the ones at the shopping centres here are like that and it is very awkward!!