+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default childcare loganholme area

does anybody have any feedback on the early learning childcare centre at loganholme (old pacific motorway, service rd) was thinking of putting my 6 month old there but didnt get a good gut feeling when i went for alook. ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD DAYCARE AROUND THE LOGANHOLME AREA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry the only advice I could give you on that centre is when I attended there 20 years ago

My boys go to Tanah Merah Early Learning Centre, they are fabulous, all meals and nappies supplied (have to supply forumla/bottles) Fairly cheap, it costs me $57 pw for 2 days for both my boys (junior toddler and kindy room) the older rooms tend to cost less then the nursery/toddler rooms.
    Have never had any problems with any staff, communication is great, the centre is well managed, lots of community spirit(fundraisers, morning teas etc.)

I'd say go with your gut, before this daycare my kids went to another nearby and they were horrible, 0 communication, I had no idea what was going on with my kids and when I would ask their teacher would never be around, and I would always get told "insert name" has gone home and we don't quite know what happened today, you will have to ask next time. I had bad problems with them as at the time my then 14month old DS2 was going through a rough biting stage and instead of informing me or coming up with methods they sent me a letter terminating his care, I couldd go on and on. Anyway, point of the story is, I had a bad instinct about the daycare from day dot, but decidedto try them out anyway as they were the closest to me, and I wish I had researched more and gone with my instinct.

Since changine them, I haven't been happier with the centre they go to, any problems are always adressed to me, they have plenty of stratergies and are willing to always work with me and do what is best for my kids rather then using the same method for every kid.

If you need more info don't hesistate to ask

Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Try Fabicare - Family Day Care

Hi

If you are still looking for child care, check out Fabicare Family Day Care:
    http://www.careforkids.com.au/child-...-day-care/4129

It's run by Fabi who is a really lovely carer. It's family day care, meaning she is a trained carer and she looks after you child in her home.

I have 2 littlies with Fabi (3 & almost 5 yo) and will be sending my youngest (9mo) there too soon. My kids have been looked after Fabi for almost 2 years.

Of all the carers we have tried in the past, she is the best... We've tried:

* SunKids Springwood - my first child only, she was 7mo, was only for a month. Got her first bout of gastro from there, and they didn't know how to give her breastmilk from bottle. So glad that was short term... maybe it was distressing because it was my first time putting her in care.
    * Smarter Kids on Edward (when I worked in the city) - expensive! and my daughter (18mo at the time) caught something everyweek! They always had vacancies too, which I should have known was a red flag for a city day care!
    * another Family Day Carer (while Fabi was on maternity leave) - she wasn't too bad, had a good set up, but just didn't feel like she wanted to play with the kids, like she'd just distract them then go do other stuff... know what I mean?
    * other than that, we checked out other family day carers, and you can just tell the difference. One place we went to, she had one room dedicated to looking after the kids, and the backyard, which was big, but her house was huge... it was weird that she would tuck the kids away to one room like that. Another carers house was a big dirty mess... I was surprised she had any kids in her care.

Fabi's house is always clean and tidy (I'm jealous! but every room is open to kids to play. You enter her house via the lounge, and she always has activites set up for the kids to play with as soon as they arrive. The best part of her house is the backyard though, she has a really great size backyard, part shaded by plants/trees, trampoline, sand pit, swings and slide, ride on toys... and a covered patio area where the kids do art/messy play. The kids always have so much fun at her house.

I know she has some vacancies at the moment so give her a call to meet and see her home: http://www.careforkids.com.au/child-...-day-care/4129

She has a bubba of her own (about 13 mo now) so can only have another 3 kids under school age. She does after school care too.

Might see you there one day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you manage to find somewhere suitable for your LO? My DD will be starting daycare when she is 8 months and I have been looking around this area for the perfect daycare. Of all my visits I found Tanah Merah Early Learning Centre to be the best looking. The director was very helpful and organised and the teachers were lovely. I am handing my forms in there this week.