Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    Pot Kettle Black

Maybe something happened to her that was the straw that broke the camels back, maybe she was having a vent. I don't really care but surely you can see the irony
    What could have possibley happened to her that she felt the need to horribly slam all teen mums?????

And im certain it wasnt anything that broke her canels back by the way she started it, if anything it seemed she was more appalled by what us teen mums are doing to the world and taking all the governments money.

Il add that she wasnt saying it angrily her & the teller had a bit of a chuckle about it through the conversation.

Look she can say what ever she wants, however there was no need to say it so loud, she could have spoken quietly and not loud to the point that she was.

Look i came to vent. Let steam out of my 7yrs frustrated ears.

You can disagree or agree which ever, i came to just let it out and thats it. Done.

And again il say i made a comment on her based on FACTS!!!!
    She however made comments on all teen mums with NO facts.

I judged and made FACTUAL comments on what one person DID do

She made NO factual comments on thousands of teen girls

Theres a difference!!

Oh and 1 last thing - i dont go round calling oeople names because i can, i have been mean to one person through a vent nothing was said to her face because im mad outraged horrified and disgusted
    And all those whi have commented judging me on my anger in my vent, i would like to see how many of you can actually write a post saying
    "i have never said a nasty word about another person to another person in anger".

Im 99% certain none of you can!! And maybe you should think this
    "hmmm shes obviously really hurt had alot of hard times and has had to deal with alot of public crap just because she was a teen mum, shes clearly in need of a vent, and that clearly the world needs to change and stop humilating teen mums & dads for that matter"

And to those who clearly realized i just needed to vent and be done with people like that lady, i thankyou very much!!
    Last edited by Bubbygirl; 04-05-2012 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NatV View Post
    Wow...so what if the OP refers to this old woman as being "fat" or "old" etc....
    If she was overweight then it's a fact/observation right? Same as if OP had described her as a "skinny" .... for some reason I suspect that if the word skinny had been used to describe the old woman maybe there wouldn't be so many people being critical of the OP.

Any way give the OP break and let her have a vent.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub
    Thankyou! Seriously i thank you very much!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    All this talk about judging when some of these people judge a lot on this forum. OP glad you feel better
    And thankyou to lovemyfam!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaG23 View Post
    Exactly! God we are all entitled to a vent and I think u have the right to be pi$$ed off as it was close to home ! X
    And a thankyou to you also, it was very close to home and almost 7 years of it is alot!
    So thankyou so much for understanding my need to vent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a young mum too, though not as young as you when you had your first. I can totally empathise with hating all the negative comments about teenage mums.

I was on the bus a couple of weeks ago and my 19 month old was having a doozy of a tantrum. One woman on the bus (yeah, she had a bumcheek for each seat) was giving me an earful about how it was unfair for everyone on the bus to have to listen to him. I told her she had no idea what she was talking about, and that she didn't know me or my son, so how dare she criticise. Especially when she told me I needed to give him snacks cuz he was hungry (he ate not even half an hour before). I *nearly* said giving him snacks was not going to help, and that snacks were clearly her solution to everything.... but I didn't say it to her face.... I just told all my friends and family after

Good on you for leaving the fat old b***h comments for the forum, there are many out there that wouldn't. I'd be livid with that lady too. Some people just have no idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Meh. She's old. Things were different back in her day.

Chances are, either she or many women she knew had babies young too... but they were also likely married at the time. She thinks the way she does because she's old and comes from a different set of beliefs and an entirely different time.

I have plenty of tolerance for the elderly, even when they're being jerks. I figure... so what? Chances are, I'm going to get old and have my opinions too. The elderly will also die sooner or later anyway, so does it REALLY matter if they're having a bit of a sulk about teen mothers.

I was a teenage parent too - I had my daughter at 19 after falling pregnant at 18... but honestly... who cares?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it goes further in that 'older' people, and lets face it mostly is older people, DO judge the young mums and make assumptions about the teen mums they see and then quite happily go and shoot their mouth off to just about anyone about and they know nothing about the background AND think they are totally entitled to do so. And furthermore, they get away with it because the people who were once young mums (or still are) bite their tongue because as it shows our manners and public behaviour is better.

Can you IMAGINE the horror if I went to an all you can eat buffet type place and saw some larger people leaving and starting shooting my mouth off to the cashier about how they come in and eat all the food and make comments that not only probably aren't true but are incredibly hurtful and COMPLETELY RUDE.

I've dealt with the judgemental old b!tches (and that's exactly what they were) and now that I'm older it appears I'm the soundboard and they think its okay to b!tch to me. Of all the places to go and start running your mouth and spewing your hurtful judgement, a bank is the stupidest choice. And shame on the cashier. If I had been in the line I would have gone out of my way to make sure she was my cashier and then given her a piece of my mind. They have a professional standard to uphold.

I'm going to stop now. Vent away OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arusaamatus View Post
    I'm a young mum too, though not as young as you when you had your first. I can totally empathise with hating all the negative comments about teenage mums.

I was on the bus a couple of weeks ago and my 19 month old was having a doozy of a tantrum. One woman on the bus (yeah, she had a bumcheek for each seat) was giving me an earful about how it was unfair for everyone on the bus to have to listen to him. I told her she had no idea what she was talking about, and that she didn't know me or my son, so how dare she criticise. Especially when she told me I needed to give him snacks cuz he was hungry (he ate not even half an hour before). I *nearly* said giving him snacks was not going to help, and that snacks were clearly her solution to everything.... but I didn't say it to her face.... I just told all my friends and family after

Good on you for leaving the fat old b***h comments for the forum, there are many out there that wouldn't. I'd be livid with that lady too. Some people just have no idea
    Excatly! And im sorry for your bus experience! Some people are just so so ARGH!

You would think they would focus on the good we are doing hey!!

Thanks for understanding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    I think it goes further in that 'older' people, and lets face it mostly is older people, DO judge the young mums and make assumptions about the teen mums they see and then quite happily go and shoot their mouth off to just about anyone about and they know nothing about the background AND think they are totally entitled to do so. And furthermore, they get away with it because the people who were once young mums (or still are) bite their tongue because as it shows our manners and public behaviour is better.

Can you IMAGINE the horror if I went to an all you can eat buffet type place and saw some larger people leaving and starting shooting my mouth off to the cashier about how they come in and eat all the food and make comments that not only probably aren't true but are incredibly hurtful and COMPLETELY RUDE.

I've dealt with the judgemental old b!tches (and that's exactly what they were) and now that I'm older it appears I'm the soundboard and they think its okay to b!tch to me. Of all the places to go and start running your mouth and spewing your hurtful judgement, a bank is the stupidest choice. And shame on the cashier. If I had been in the line I would have gone out of my way to make sure she was my cashier and then given her a piece of my mind. They have a professional standard to uphold.

I'm going to stop now. Vent away OP.
    Thankyou so much!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FACT: her weight, age and general appearance have no bearing on your story/vent/rant so those details shouldn't have been mentioned.

Unless of course you were also trying to be hurtful...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

brooke88(mum2b09)  (04-05-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (04-05-2012),Pawzette  (04-05-2012)