+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The only way I can rationalise these sorts of comments - maybe these people have had an experience that they need to work through (a difficult birth (hence the birth horror stories), a hard time breastfeeding (hence the rough up your nipples etc comments).

You'd think they'd talk to people close to them - but maybe there is no one. Or maybe they've spoken to people, but still have more to get out. Or maybe no one has listened.

Maybe, just maybe, with some of these people, if you listen for a short time they'll go away! Its in the same category, for me, as the people who touch and rub your belly when you're pregnant. So out of order!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Strangers tell me all the time that ds#2 needs a good smack.

*glares* um he has autism u fecking jerks! He needs love, understanding and support. Its YOU that needs a good smack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of times I've stepped in when a new mum is being given a hard time and told the person to leave them alone. Each time it's been appreciated.

Maybe that's the answer?

I do have to say 9/10 times you get advice from strangers it's actually with the best of intentions. We might not appreciate it at the time but isn't it nice that we still live in a society where people care enough to stick their neck out and say something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Strangers tell me all the time that ds#2 needs a good smack.

*glares* um he has autism u fecking jerks! He needs love, understanding and support. Its YOU that needs a good smack!
    Love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a teenage boy working the checkouts at coles recommend I try normal milk for my baby when he scanned and saw the price of a tin of formula, thanks dude I never thought of that!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aarentz For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice for me... Just compliments and sweet old ladies chatting to ds and old men scaring the crap outta him..