+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My worst experience was probably when my DD1 was a few weeks old. I struggled to breast feed and suffered severe PND. I was in a mothers room at a shopping centre bottle feeding her and two older mums walked in (by that I mean older then me- I was 18 and they were mid late 30s). The whispered to each other for a while, then one looked at me, frowned and said "don't you know you should breast feed your baby?! Not that you should have a baby anyway". I stopped feeding DD1, packed up my stuff and walked out, left the shopping centre bawling my eyes out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, not really. Nothing that's left a lasting impression anyway. I think most people can see I have one child, who is mostly well-behaved, who looks well-fed and clothed... so nobody really feels to the need to harass me with their unwanted advice. They do when you have a baby... but as she got older, I don't think anyone cared so much. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a lovely lady tell me how gorgeous my then 14 month old Ds was and how I 'had to go back for another' with how well I did with Ds, all I could.say was you'd have to speak to his father about that ... we split when Ds was 8 months old lol

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably all the time but it's always friendly harmless advice and far and away I get supportive advice, compliments and praise for DS from total strangers much more often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP, who had worked hard in the garden all weekend, asked me if I could buy a long neck of VB (beer) while I raced out to get something to cook for dinner. Looking like a complete dag in old trackies & a too tight top, I went to a local shopping centre in a lower socio-economic area of town (IFYWIM). Not 1, but three people told me I was a bad mum for buying beer while pregnant. One elderly lady offered to pray for me. I felt like standing on the seat and informing all the busybodies I was buying this for my husband!!! We laughed about it when I got home & I won't buy him beer again while pregnant!

I know people mean well, but honestly, please don't assume the worst, or think I want to hear about the worst case scenario birth your best friend's neighbour's sister-in-law's cousin's ex-wife went through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DS was about 12 months old and learning to walk he had a nasty stack and had an awful bruise on his face.
    The day after this happened we were in the bank, DS was in his pram and was rocking a mohawk. The busy body in the queue told me if i spent less time on his hair and more time caring for him his bruise wouldnt have happened. So rude!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    My worst experience was probably when my DD1 was a few weeks old. I struggled to breast feed and suffered severe PND. I was in a mothers room at a shopping centre bottle feeding her and two older mums walked in (by that I mean older then me- I was 18 and they were mid late 30s). The whispered to each other for a while, then one looked at me, frowned and said "don't you know you should breast feed your baby?! Not that you should have a baby anyway". I stopped feeding DD1, packed up my stuff and walked out, left the shopping centre bawling my eyes out.
    Those women should be ashamed of themselves... How terribly rude! How dare they???

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The sooper nanny For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (06-05-2012),Angiepop  (06-05-2012),Bellaxo  (05-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (05-05-2012),MamaC  (05-05-2012),moongazer  (05-05-2012),Rutabaga  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was changing DS 4mo at the time in the mothers room and a woman was staring at his bottom, it was black and blue, she said loudly 'you'd have to be hitting him with more than a hand to do that sort of damage', everyone stared and looked disgusted with me. I said 'it's a birth mark', she said 'yeah right, those are bruises, he's just a tiny baby!'

I never changed him in a public area again. I realized many others had assumed and said nothing. I'm not one to care about judgement over bottle feeding etc... But having people think I beat my babies is too much.

It's almost vanished completely now and I was relieved DD didn't have it as Mongolian Birthmarks are common in DHs family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    All. The. Time.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at a physio session for myself when ds was 6 weeks old and for some reason this physiotherapist felt it necessary to ask me all about ds' routine and inform me that I definitely shouldn't be feeding him to sleep. Thanks lady.