+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default *Spin off* Have you had a stranger give you "advice"?

I was reading the McDonalds thread and was surprised at how many people have had strangers stop them in the supermarket/street/where ever, and tell them what they should or shouldn't be doing with their children.

I've never had this happen to me, but I'd be interested to hear just how many people have experienced this? And what did you say/do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was told by an elderly woman to never let my kids out of sight cause there are lots of paedophiles around. I just thanked her for her concern, assured her my kids were well looked after and told her to have a nice day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everyone seems to have advice to give when you're pregnant!

Even people working at Coles become sudden experts when it comes to pregnancy and birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had so many Comments I couldn't even count them.

One lady in a coffee shop when ds was screaming,(he had horrible reflux) asked me how old I was and when I answered with, with 18 she muttered to her friend "not surprising she can't control her child" he was about 2 months at the time, i hadn't slept in days and I turned around and Gave her a mouthful. In quite a polite way and said along the lines of just because she was old didn't make her a better mother than me. Blah blah blah.

My mum had ds in the shopping centre and he was having a tanty and making his body stiff so he didn't have to get in the pram, so she put her knee on him to strap him in(sounds meaner than it was) and as a lady tut tutted past she spun around and snapped "DO YOU WANT TO TAKE HIM HOME"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Everyone seems to have advice to give when you're pregnant!

Even people working at Coles become sudden experts when it comes to pregnancy and birth
    Oh tell me about it! And no-one listens when you tell them you don't want to know their horrific birth stories! And don't get me started on This will happen to you at this time people - Ummmmm, no, my life & my body & my baby are completely different to yours.

The worst is the members of the ladies gym I work at. Half of them I don't even know but they're telling me to rough up my nipples, that I should take birthing drugs etc. Honestly - I don't comment on their lives, why should they comment on mine?

Anyhoo rant over. I am sure I will be just as frustrated by this noseyness when I'm actually a Mummy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Sunshinemoonlight  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DS was about 9/10 months old I think, a mum on a train told us that we should prop feed DS while we get the housework done!
    Someone the other day (after seeing DS 2.5 with a dummy) said I should cut the ends off all his dummies in front of him!! I'd like to get him off them but without traumatizing him first though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was about 5 days old and crying in a shop. A lady told me he was hungry. I said no, he's just crying. She insisted for literally 5 minutes that he was hungry and I should feed him.

I eventually said he was crying because he was sick of opinionated busy-bodies. (For what it's worth, he was crying because he had wet through but was in the pram so I couldn't tell )

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boost For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    advice from strangers....... this forum ???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I was pregnant I was in Coles and decided to buy a chocolate for myself..the woman who served me was like "errr dont be eating chocolate its not good for the baby" Yes thanks for the info :what:

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    advice from strangers....... this forum ???
    That's solicited advice though - you have to post a question... Unless people are PMing you with unwanted recommendations?!