+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default i dont have morning sickness, i have afternoon-night sickness!

I understand why it's called morning sickness. Pregnancy hormones r at their peak then. so hormone overload = nausia ect.

I dont understand why i do not suffer nausia in the morning at all. infact, im fairly energetic and can scoff down my usual breakfast with no worries.
    Then it hits me...at lunch time all the way untill i just give in and take myself to bed at 8pm. i pass out im that exhausted.

I cant eat lunch and i threw up dinner last night. That was FOUL. The thought of having to "chew meat" makes my stomach turn. I have no appetite besides first thing in the morning when im starving!

It doesnt halp that dh thinks its all in my head. I offered to show him the toilet bowl after last nights dinner and said to him "is this all in my head? i just randomly start chucking my guts up?" I think he's coming round, after that.

This feeling of "omg im gonna spew.....no, false alarm......gonna spew....no.....yes!...no!...." Im dizzy and so freaking tired.
    Im only 6 weeks pregnant! this all hit me a few days ago and its only getting worse by the day.

I hate feeling like this. Its even harder when i have to prepare meals for dd and entertain her when im feeling so spewy!

...yes feeling very sorry for myself. I never experienced ms with dd1, so it's all new and revolting to me.

Thanks for reading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nice piece of crumpet For This Useful Post:

lifelovebeauty  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was never one to run to the toilet ad throw up first thing in the morning either. I felt my worst in the afternoon/evening.

Does suck, hope it passes soon for you.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had all day sickness and I agree, its horrible going "Im gonna spew!...wait...no...yes...no...." I hope it passes soon for you. At night when possible, try laying on your left side, it helps digestion and reflux.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

nice piece of crumpet  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha! I had only night sickness too! Mornings were totally fine.

At 12 weeks now it's all gone. Luckily!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was pregnant I had all day sickness too. Strangely I could keep down yoghurt and cheese and crackers(lived off them during pregnancy) I used to sit outside with my sick bucket and my dinner (how gross I know, I just didn't like an audience and the toilet is gross to stick your head in. Imo
    It seemed that once I'd got rid of the first lot of dinner I could keep some food down.
    Op, plz keep an eye on your fluid levels as this is so important in pregnancy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

nice piece of crumpet  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had mild afternoon sickness with DD for about a week. With this pregnancy I had mild-moderate afternoon sickness (4-6pm) for the first few months and its kicked back in at 7.5mths.

I'd recommend you eat a big breakfast, moderate morning tea, light lunch and dry toast for dinner. Chicken soups are good in the evenings too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. i have been drinking Tea. It's the only thing i found settles my stomach. also takes care of my fluid intake
    Will give soups a go but i cant deal with meat atm lol so maybe plain old tomato soup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nice piece of crumpet View Post
    Thanks ladies. i have been drinking Tea. It's the only thing i found settles my stomach. also takes care of my fluid intake
    Will give soups a go but i cant deal with meat atm lol so maybe plain old tomato soup.
    Pumpkin soup, cream of cauliflower, potato and leek, roasted tomato and basil is my personal fave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no morning sickness (or any type) till about 9-10wks when it started. I suffered afternoon/night sickness also and it has only started to settle in the last week (I'm now almost 15wks). I also could not stand the thought of eating meat, the thought of it alone made me feel sick but I did find I could eat chicken and keep it down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine usually kicks in when driving home of an afternoon after work - and it lasts into the early evening. I've been waking up at around 2-3am feeling the need to throw up too. There's only been 1 instance where I have actually rushed to the loo and been sick. That was one morning before work when the cats were nagging....I opened a can of cat food and as I was dishing it out for them I was dry retching. One of my twins came over, slightly amused at the noises I was making. I quickly passed her the can of food and sprinted like an athlete to the loo.