+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my kids it doesnt make them hyper but my niece gets hyper from nurofen and panadol so they give her dymadon instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I've given my girls nurofen both ended up having asthma attacks so we haven't gone this route with ds as he has chronic lung disease. It can be a known asthma trigger (ibuprofen)

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using BubHub

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I did some google research and it seems Nurofen for children 'strawberry flavour -sugar free and colour free contains a preservative called 'sodium benzoate' which is known to cause hyperactivity in young children.

Another interesting point I found was that although this nurofen was 'sugar free' it had two artifical sweetners maltitol and saccharin. Maltitol is banned in some countries due to its links to cancer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not my DS but but this happens to a friend's DD. Eeeeeeek re: the sweeteners! I have my head in the sand about the ingredients because the stuff gets me more sleep when DS is teething might have to put up with a bit more waking. Four more teeth and then the 2 yr molars. Can't wait until teething is over!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurofen for kids

10:42pm and my DD is wide awake. She's sick with a cold so gave her some to help sleep but she's so hyper. Not very happy 😠. Will be putting Nurofen in the bin and hope that Panadol won't have the same affect.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (04-09-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting that it happens to other children too....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nurofen for kids

YES!!!!!

My dd1 is sick. Hasn't slept well in days and would normally pass out for her nap. Gave her nurofen yest on doctors orders at 11am before her nap and she just refused to lie down to sleep even though she fell asleep in the high chair. had to walk the pram to put her to sleep (cos she was restrained in it)

Gave it to her today at 9am - and still wouldn't sleep. Once again pram to the rescue. Rang up doc and told him to stop touting nurofen!!!

Looks like it's panadol from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nurofen for kids

My girls go nuts on nurofen. The first time DD1 had it, it was like she was hallucinating, but she doesn't have that much of a reaction anymore.
    We call it "happy medicine" in our house.