+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There has been so much heart break in this thread I'm keeping everything crossed (except my legs) that June Is the month for all of us!!

10 more days till the wedding on countdown! And yes the hummer was great lots of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sian can you please add me for testing on the 10th june? I'm on CD 2 and I am really optimistic about June I went a and got some new vitamins today and some FR ovulation testers to add to my stash of IC ones lol...

I have decided to distract myself by looking at gender swaying today. Anyone tried or thinking of trying it? I reallu don't mind but I know Dh would love a little girl next and so thought why not try a few things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just starting- me and DH would really love to have a boy first so we have looked into a few things that favor boy sperm to get a higher chance of conceiving a boy.. I have cut out a lot in my diet to try and make my cm more liveable for boys..
    We thought it couldn't hurt to give it a go.. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to the ladies that have shared with us their loss

First AF after finishing the pill started today, so CD1 for me. Approximate O on the 28th May, AF due 12th June, so will test on 15th if no sign of AF. Very excited to start first cycle of TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy13 View Post
    Just starting- me and DH would really love to have a boy first so we have looked into a few things that favor boy sperm to get a higher chance of conceiving a boy.. I have cut out a lot in my diet to try and make my cm more liveable for boys..
    We thought it couldn't hurt to give it a go.. Lol
    How long have you changed your diet for Romy? I was wondering if maybe it was a bit late considering it'll only be a couple of weeks but not stressing if it is. We wanted a boy first too, which we got, not from trying though, just happened that way. He is completely gorgeous of course so if we get another little boy I will be delighted! I just really wanted a sticky healthy bub as I am sure we all do!

It's increduble how many have experienced losses After our miscarrige in march I have had several friends lose bubs, it seems to have been a terrible run so far for 2012 so i reckon June is time for a turn around!! Losts of sticky bubs for the end of the year

Thanks
    Reviews
    I start at the beginning of my AF otherwise I would go crazy.. Lol
    I haven't read that u need to do months before so I just when I get my AF, then I stop after 7dpo..
    I have cut out dairy, rice, pasta and most sweets..
    I drink 2-3 cups of green tea as that says to loosen Cm and drink yellow grapefruit juice to increase cm.. And we DTD 48 hours before O and around O cause boys say to swim faster lol.. So much work lol..
    But I'm only doing it for this cycle and next cycle then stopping and doing whatever if it doesn't work lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blonde assassin I wish I had this week to get pampered, but I'm still working ft, looking after a one year old and DP works away through the week so no time for pampering. Will get my hair, nails and spray tan on next week though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since we have DS we are hoping for a DD this time, we are doing the usual things to sway for a girl but in the end whatever happens happens, it is fun doing this stuff though. Last time cause it was our first so we didn't do any of this stuff.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy13 View Post
    I drink 2-3 cups of green tea as that says to loosen Cm and drink yellow grapefruit juice to increase cm.. And we DTD 48 hours before O and around O cause boys say to swim faster lol.. So much work lol..
    But I'm only doing it for this cycle and next cycle then stopping and doing whatever if it doesn't work lol..
    Hahaha I'm crocheting to not loose my mind too!

Just a point though, apparently boy sperm DOESN'T swim faster. That was just an assumption Shettles made based on his assumption that large, slow, circling sperm were female as they were heavier (due to the one extra chromosome) and therefore male sperm where the straight line, faster sperm. That's been debunked . Totally news to me, I thought exactly the same thing before I started looking into it!

It's now been theorized (couldn't tell you which clinical tests, but they're out there. I didn't keep the links lol) that there is more chance of swaying with diet rather than timing. That's because apparently female sperm (whether slow circlers or fast straighters) are hardier and will survive in a slightly more acidic environment than male sperm.
    So if you want a boy, you want a higher (less acidic) PH diet to favour the male sperm. Timing still is a factor for conceiving boys, because obviously the faster you get them to where they need to be, the more male sperm that survive the trip to fertilize. But the longer it takes them to get there, the more female sperm as opposed to male that will get to the end of the trip. So, the more hostile the better for girls. The less hostile the better for both, but also potentially better for boys as more boy sperm make it than in a hostile environment.

We're swaying for a girl so I've done a lot of research into it *chuckle*.
    I haven't really changed that much but I do take a stack of vitamins and cranberry supplements to lower my PH. I also drink peppermint tea a lot, about 3 times a day. That's because even though it's not proven yet (not enough testing) it's supposed to help stabilize estrogen which is supposed to help with girl sways.
    There's HEAPS of websites that can give you swaying ideas from simple to complex (think home science kits with centrifuges! ) but ingender.com seems to be the best I've found. I don't go all out with it as we're happy with either but would like to have a girl because we both want a daughter as well as a son. If it doesn't happen I won't be shattered though, I'd rather have another awesome little guy than nothing at all!

Wow... Huge post is huge. I'm back in fine form

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If we don't conceive on this cycle on the honeymoon it will just be the weekends we have to try cause DP works away through the week, so we can't really time o.
    Last edited by shelby27; 14-05-2012 at 21:21.