+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shelby- that seems fair..

Welcome everyone..

So still nothing on the opk this morning.. Hhmmm

Chan- I joined this thread to help with my wait as well..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Romy13 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Romy: yeah but I doubt it will work. I deliberately didn't by a pregnancy test so that I wouldn't be tempted, I planned on buying one the day before. Problem is that my mum bought me a opk, which has one in it!!! What are they trying to wave it in front of my face. I'm thinking of giving it to a friend to look after... Out of sight, out of mind!!! Maybe lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also my opk tests dont seem to be working either. I can't even get a decent control line?? What does that mean?? I would usually be ovulating Monday, so I am keen to see what that test says. It says it doesn't matter what time of day I do it, but I am wondering if I would get a different result. I have heard from a fair few people that they didnt get a positive result either, but fell pregnant anyway, am going to go ahead with insemination anyway, hotel is booked and paid for!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the newcomers; sorry I haven't participated until now, it's been tough time at work with my boss going on maternity leave (she's IVF success story ) so quite a number of changes whilst she's gone - I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing your stories, posting updates etc, I read the new posts every morning and really look forward to it - I feel I guess I don't have that much to share, I just take great comfort in knowing I'm not alone and although it's only been 4 months of trying, it feels like eternity. I've only told a couple of friends and mum+ 1 sister but until you're pregnant there really isn't that support (more "it will happen", "good things to come to those that wait", "just relax, stop putting pressure on yourself"). Went into our favourite cafe this morning; and 2 pregnant ladies and 3 newborns were there at exactly the same time. I suppose you only really notice when you want one of your own - still hard though.

Shelby - Hope DF comes back in one piece! And all the best for the wedding.

Can I ask your opinion? For those using ovaluation prediction tests (the cheapy sticks on ebay), do you use it every cycle or just use it every now and then just to see if you're O'ing around the same time during your cycle. OR did you just use them once? This will be 2nd time using them and it says to start today but last time it was negative until CD 15...I'm just thinking I should hold off. I'm not really that consistent with checking CM - it's hard during the fertile period as we've been trying to BD every day during that stage (and it's becoming a part-time job but we see the funny side of it and it's actually brought us closer?! Is that strange?

Off for Thai tonight for "date night" - apparently the best Thai in Brisbane! Have a lovely weekend, ladies. I'm on CD9 so it's going to be a busy weekend/start to the week (sorry TMI).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rayroo For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi to the newbies

AF is done and dusted so BD begins DH is away next week but I'm pretty sure I ovulate when he gets back so after a week off we'll both be ready to go lol!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juststarting For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chan have you tried different times of day? I found between 2-5 pm the best and try not to drink too much 2 hours prior to the test maybe?

Rayroo - I use them from cd 10 everyday around he same time do u can compare them and stop a day after I get a positive. But I have IC so have lots of tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using the first response opk...

Shelby so how is your man today??
    What did u get up to on ur night without him??

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies I've been quiet lately but it's mostly because I'm not sure what's going on.
    Got a positive opk yesterday. A good strong one too. Unfortunately last night we didn't really get to finish the task as it were. Poor DH has been run ragged the last few nights! So I've told him he's on notice for tonight.
    Honestly don't know if it'll happen though, he's stuffed and I'm kind of over bding so much too heh.

We dtd three nights ago, which if I did actually O yesterday puts us at 32-42 hours before O. I'm crossing everything I have that that will be enough and not too far out, and that I Od pretty much as soon as I surged so that the swimmers hadn't all died off. Ahhhhhh! It's all a case of maybe and what if right now. Very frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I am using first response too. Haven't tried testing at different times of day so I think I will try between 2-5pm. I don't think I am going to pay too much attention to them to be honest. I have always been a pretty regular girl, so i am going to trust my body I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed eko!

Yeah I have some FR opk's too but I'm going to use those when I think I'm ovulating. So probably CD 17 ish. But I'll start with the IC earlier.

So are there a few starting the tww then?? I hate those two weeks they drag on for what seems an eternity!