+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the replys.
    He does have a water battle all night so it is possible he is waking with a wet nappy. I think ill try changing him before i go to bed.
    he has dinner about 6pm (he eats HEAPS) but then nothing til the morning so now that i think about it yeah, hes probably starving. We stoppping giving him a milk a few weeks ago (he'd usually have it in his cot when he goes down for the night). I guess he still needs something more.

Thanks again. Wish me luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say, she has a bottle before bed

Maybe you could offer some extra blankets, a sippy cup of warm milk, or into bed with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS goes to bed at 7.30 and wakes up between 5-6. Have you got blockout curtains?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 21mo DD goes to sleep between 7.30-8pm most nights and wakes anywhere between 5-6.15am. She's always been an early riser and we've tried various things to get her to sleep in.

Sometimes a bottle in her cot works, sometimes not. And what she eats or drinks the night before makes no difference. I've just learnt to get used to it and rejoice in the occasional sleep in I DO get .

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD goes down anywhere between 7:30-8:30pm (some nights she fights it to 9pm, but that's rare!) And she wakes between 6:30-7. Although now its colder she slept until 8 the other morning!!! 8!!! I was in shock! We cosleep though, that's why I think she's up later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been waking DD up at 5.30/6 am since she was 12mths old. I like to start the day by 7 and it takes me about that long to wake/dress/breakfast DD and myself.

It's getting harder to wake her now it's so dark at 6am. Bloody winter.

She is now 21mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 18 month old DS has been going to bed 7.30 and waking anywhere from 5-6.30 for ages. We tried everything and it makes no difference. As long as its after 6 I'm happy. We cope by going to bed at 9pm! Its just life, i hope you can change it for your lo but feel your pain if you can't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is the same as sakorshas lo. It made no difference what we feed him or how late we keep him up he wakes up early it's just him. I agree it is just sometimes how they're programmed however in saying that we do find puttin him to bed a little earlier makes a MASSIVE difference. Have you tried maybe bedtime at 6:30? Ppl think we're insane that's what time our ds goes to bed but even if he wakes up at 5/5:30 at least he's had almost 11 hrs sleep, where keeping him up later and an early wake up he gets less if you know what IMean? Also try pushing the nap back a little bit like half hour and they don't seem to "catch up" on what they missed at night as quick and eventually it helps drag them out aLittle bit we've found. Hope it helps but if not maybe you just gotta roll with it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep - pretty normal here too, anywhere between 5.30-6.45am. Bed at 7pm sharp (DS 20momths).

If it's just recent, perhaps the cold is waking him up. I think babies/toddlers semi wake-up in the very early morning but usually go back to sleep. If he's cold maybe, it might be disrupting his ability to get back to sleep....? good luck!