+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What time does your 18 month old wake up?

DS is amost 18 monts and drving us crazy. For the last few months he had been waking at 5am and grizzling til we get him up. He used to sleep til 7-7.30am so WHY OH WHY is he waking early now??

he goes to bed at 7pm and has one big nap during the day (from 1.5-2 hours). I just dont get it. He is tried and grizzly most of the time cos he wakes too early or doesnt sleep enough during the day.

So tell me, When does your 18 month old go to bed and wake? Do they have a bottle before bed? (i think hes waking up hungry). When do they nap in the daytime?

Any advice on what i can do to get him to sleep in (6.30am would be nice)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe u sound the same as me. my 18month old DD goes to bed at 7pm with no milk and usually she doesn't eat dinner. and wakes up at 5.45am without fail. she has a 3 hour sleep during the day it used to be about 12-3 but because she is now waking up so early its about 9-12 and then she is tired and ready for bed at about 5pm. its driving me crazy i wish i could get her to sleep in but have no idea how to.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lmao my 2 always woke that early not matter when I put them to bed. I'm now lucky coz they sleep till 6 am lmao ahhh dear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS is almost 19 months. He goes to bed between 730pm and 8pm and wakes around 730am. He usually eats a big dinner and maybe some yoghurt afterwards. He doesnt have any bottles.

Nap time is about 12pm until 130pm.

Is he waking cold?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your LO is waking up hungry could you offer some warm toddler milk in a sippy cup and a cuddle while he drinks it and then pop him off back to bed for a bit more of a sleep?

My DD was breast fed til 17 months and would always wake at about 6am so I used to feed her and put her back to bed. She'd then sleep til 8-8:30. She dropped that feed herself and at 3 years old she wakes anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30.

Other option is take him to your bed for a cuddle and sleep in? We do that sometimes if she gets up at 7:30 and we don't wanna get up yet our rule is she can come to our bed for a snuggle if it's daylight and that works well. If he starts to muck around in your bed tell him to go to sleep or he has to go back to his room

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    18 month old DS usually goes to bed at 8.30-9pm and wakes about 7.30-8
    am and has a 2 hour sleep during the day from about 2-4pm, he has dinner about 7pm and a 200ml formula at 8pm then brushes teeth then bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD2 is 20 months old. She goes to bed at 7pm and wakes at around 6am when usually I give her a bottle and she will go back to sleep til about 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would try putting on a fresh nappy in their cot and give them milk. walk out shut the door. If my DD ever wakes up early (rarely) i do this

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and my Lo usually sleeps 6:30pm till 9/10am ish

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    17 month old DD goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up just before 7am. We then put books into her cot and she reads for half an hour. She also has a 2 hour nap during the day, from around 11.30-1.30, and then reads in her cot for another half an hour.