+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help Ear problems

My DD has had a red, rashy, crusty patch on her outer ear up the top in the folds (no idea what it's called).
    She had it for 5 weeks and I was putting pawpaw on it, didn't help really. Took her to gp who said put olive oil on it, done that for a week and it got worse so pharmacist gave me DermAid 0.5% which worked then came back after I stopped.
    Anyway I then started using Aveeno moisture cream as I read that it worked for eczema and it's been helping heaps but this morning she's woken up with thick crusty ear wax? I'm hoping cream didn't get in there and I'm sure it didn't but any ideas on what's going on?

I'm going to try take her back to gp today.

ETA: I know dermaid is hydrocortisone and I really didn't want to use it and I also hate johnsons products too and know Aveeno is johnsons but I can't stand to see my DD in pain anymore.
    Last edited by Etienne; 04-05-2012 at 08:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    squirt some bm on it regularly.

cant hurt and it could help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid question I guess but it's not coming from the actual ear is it? Saying that she's got thick crusty wax? I panic about it cos my ds has ear trouble and had grommets when he was 18 months..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucasmumma For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasmumma View Post
    Stupid question I guess but it's not coming from the actual ear is it? Saying that she's got thick crusty wax? I panic about it cos my ds has ear trouble and had grommets when he was 18 months..
    Yeah the crust came from the ear. The rest is in the folds. I took her to gp and he said her ears are fine so maybe some cream got in there and crusted.

I haven't seen anything in the today so see what happens.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    my child has this problem too