+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Second child - Head engaged - Questions

How long after head is engaged did you start labour with second child?
    MW told me the head is fully engaged, and all day my lower back has been in so much pain. I have increased VM (TMI), and braxtons coming and going very often. Still have plug (I think).
    I was 3 days late with my first, and MW thinks ill be around the same time. So lost, I just want to know how long I have left because I have to take my daughter to my mothers before I go to hospital. She lives an hour away. :-(

HATE not knowing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think DD2 engaged until I was actually in labour. Sorry, that probably doesn't help at all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

tr1na  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my second I was engaged for a couple of weeks (around 38 wks), but I didnt have any braxton hicks or anything. I lost my plug at 39 weeks 6 days and then went into labour about 30 odd hrs later.

Sorry, I probably confused more! But as I said, I didnt have any lower back pain or braxton hicks or anything.

Its hard not knowing, but I hope it all works out for you so that you will have enough time to get things organised.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiritofaWarrior For This Useful Post:

tr1na  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS2 engaged fairly early, 32wks, he was born at 39wks. I was hoping early engaging would mean a sooner labour but al it caused was alot of discomfort. Goodluck, I hope your little bundle arrives soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

tr1na  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 39 +4, bubs has been engaged for weeks, I have the same feelings as you, plus alot of pressure that feels like bub will come out through my bottom. I lost some plug yesterday, so hopefully soon I'll have bub.

This exact same thing happened with dd1. I think that this must just be the way I carry. Sorry I'm not able to tell you good news that engaging early means early delivery, at least not in my case.

Can you ask your midwife for an internal? Might give your cervix the nudge it needs. I'm asking for one today, can't handle this pain and pressure any more. Hugs to you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Missbear  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son 4wks early i had a 3d/4d scan at 30 weeks the lady told me he would come around 35-36wks as his head was engaged to the point in all the photos you could not see the top of his head! I had alot of pelvic pain and back pain from then on i even had to finish up working i could barely walk without it hurting. The lady who did the scan said i should get checked out at hospital so i went and they said there was nothing they could do and they said it doesn't mean he would come early and sent me home! They were wrong i atleast thought they would do a scan and check it out themselves and put me on bed rest or something but no it was like they didn't care. When my son was born he had to spend the first week in special care in a humiditity crib as he had an infection on his lungs makes me wonder if that could have been prevented if they bothered to take a look at me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my second bub she didn't engage until well after I was already in labor, even after my waters broke she wouldn't engage! Was about a Minute off being taken for a csection when she finally decided to engage!!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub