+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many rounds?

I'm interested to see how many rounds of IVF people are willing to do before they call it quits.

Of course I hope that everyone gets their BFP and will never have to call it quits, but I had my second EPU today in the space of 4 months and I don't know how many more times I can do it.

For me, and for now, I'm going to say that I think I will give it up to 1 more EPU and however many FET's I get out of it before I call it quits, or take a long break. I don't think I could ever quit on wanting and trying for a child.

Maybe I'm just feeling this way because this EPU has knocked me around. Last time I felt fit as a fiddle afterwards...this time I feel sick and sore!
    Last edited by Disney Baby; 03-05-2012 at 20:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We made the decision before we started we would do 3 stimulated cycles and however many FET's we had embryo's for. If we had no luck by then, we thought at least we tried and would start saving for an overseas holiday instead.

Alot of our decision was based on our ages. We were fortunate enough on our very last FET to get a sticky BFP & she is now in bed sleeping.

We found by setting ourselves "limits" we were on the same page throughout the rollercoaster. Additionally I found that having thought logically at the beginning, it meant I wasn't as emotional as I have seen others be. I was still really upset and saddened by our chem pregs and especially by our missed miscarriage but found I didn't end up in the depths of despair if I got a BFN.

Everyone is going to be different though. This was just our way of handling the journey.

Good luck with your journey Disney Baby

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4asticky1 For This Useful Post:

Disney Baby  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always said 10 cycles (inc fet's) got there and still no bfp so kept going. Finally got a bfp on cycle 15! Back up was when the money ran out or surrogacy became an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 10 cycles it really takes its toll!

I think it's a very hard decision to make. We also said three and when I did the first it was like hell I was in so much pain and had to take a week and a half off work.

But since our first cycle was a BFP (had an early m/c at almost 5 weeks) so now we r unsure of our 3 stim limit since we technically know it can work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney, we have done two fresh cycles, 6 frozen. We are about to do our third fresh cycle. We miscarried in november last year, have four children already, (youngest is ten), but have decided that we give up after the next round (incl.fresh and frozen). Whatever we get fertilised, we use, if no luck, it wasnt meant to be.
    Good luck. I hope you get your baby, disney

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney

We have decided we will do 3 stim cycle and then call it quits start living our life again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wasnt going to stop, not until the doctors told me I had no eggs left, then I'd look at donor, if it was my body then a surrogate. I would have sold my house I don't care, a life without kids wasn't an option.

In the end we did 9 cycles back to back, well 10 one was a freeze all with no transfer. I changed clinics at failed cycle 4 and was tested and found more issues. I believe we would still be going if I didn't open my mouth!

Im 2 transfers and one laparoscopy into trying for a second and will keep going until I'm pregnant. While the drive isn't 'will I EVER get to experience being a mother' has been taken off me, the choice to have multiple children has and I'm stubborn and will settle for 2 from 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You girls are amazing, 10 and 15 cycles! Def IVF warrior women.

Our clinic said that 95% of people who have a baby through ivf, will do it within 3 stimulated cycles so that is what we are going to do. Having said that, i've just had my 2nd transfer and have 4 frozen blasts, so technically full stim cycle to use up all the frosties will take at least a year. I think ill def need a break if the next couple of FET's don't work. We've also decided that we will keep going till we use our last frostie, so technically i could end up with 5 kids!

Disney, i think its good have a number in your head, but you will know when you want to stop or have a break. You are very young and you did get pregnant that first cycle, so you know your body can do it. The next one might be your lucky one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take my hat off to you ladies having gone thru 10 + cycles! That's amazing!

Dh and I actually never put a limit., I thought I could but i will do whatever I have to, to fall pregnant..

I'm angry now as I'm 9dp5dt and yet another neg this morning, bloods tomorrow.. I'm annoyed! But I won't give up..

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't set ourselves a limit of cycles, but I think dp's age will be the deciding factor. He's 12 yrs older, so if we're still going when he hits 45 (3 yrs away) then it'll be time for some hard decisions.