+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FindMyLunch View Post
    I just gave his brother a call and told him that he's threatened to kill himself... His brothers response "I will keep an eye on him but you know what he is like, he is just trying to hurt you"

At least I'm not the only one who can see this.
    That's great you've done the right thing. And reassured yourself he's just saying it.

Best wishes and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, I do still have him on Facebook at the moment, I am just hiding his posts from my newsfeed.

Basically everything that has happened in the last two weeks has just reassured me that I have made the best decision for myself and our daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you really worried about him call the police and tell them he threatening his own life stay strong sounds like you made the right decision to leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You did the right thing in telling his brother. If he's giving you grief on FB for letting family know, he obviously wasn't too serious about his threats and his brother was right in saying he's just trying to hurt you.
    Stay strong

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go to a police station, show them the messages. Ask them to do a welfare check on him at his home/work. If he admits to feeling suicidal, he can be forcibly taken by police for a psych evaluation at a local hospital. Those sort of messages also consitute 'harrassment' under domestic violence legislation and for this reason you can visit your local court house and take out a protection order against him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Yes, you ignore it! Don't touch it with a 10ft pole even.
    You are not responsible for his actions, and people who commit suicide very rarely actually tell people they are going to do it. This is a cry for attention, trying to manipulate you into staying. Don't go there.
    agreed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done on being strong enough not to give into his manipulations. I know it's difficult when you have cared for someone for so long.

In regards to facebook...if you don't want to delete him maybe tighten your security settings so he can't see your wall or something.