+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default my child health nurses are crapppppp

Just wondering if anyone is aware of natural attachment sensitive healthcare provider in Adelaide or surrounding suburbs????

I've had shocking experiences with my child health nurses and I've had enough.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not aware of any but agreeing with you that the child health nurses i have seen in adelaide have all been terrible where are you situated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the southern suburbs. Sick of the "breast is best" and then five minutes later "oh actually breast is not enough by itself...your child needs three solid meals a day plus snacks" at 8 months.
    "Your child MUST eat meat at least once a day because otherwise she'll get no iron"...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have an AP group I want AP friends lol

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why do you see a child health nurse? If its just for weigh ins and BFing advice, is there an alternative? Sorry, I just find them fairly useless most of the time and some of their 'advice' is shocking (and outdated).

Maybe you can use the chemist scales and join an ABA group or see an LC? For support, perhaps join a local playgroup and/or ABA group.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (11-05-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    AP Friends really do make all the difference. They make you feel normal. I didn't have them when I had DS and I often felt I was just naughty or lazy. There is a Natural Parenting group in East Adelaide on FB. If you hit the babywearing groups you will probably find one amongst them
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is an AP group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was seeing one because I needed support in regards to my daughters separation anxiety which has resulted in her constant comfort feeding over night. I went to a day sleep service where they basically wrapped her and encouraged me to feed her to sleep, which has been part of the problem. So I think I need support different to what they are offering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never been to a CHN, you don't have to go. I agree with PP, if you need BFing advice see ABA, weigh ins at chemist and find a few playgroups, one will have a few AP parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's more for the sleeping issues that I was needing one...