+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My children have had it, but they don't really like it. They would rather eat chicken rice from a Thai restaurant, and I prefer Thai as well, so if we have take away, we get that.
    ^^ my son would pick thai chicken rice over nuggets any day too!!!! or noodles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We prefer a Japanese place for noodles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes. My kids are fussy eaters though and will only eat the nuggets (my DD refuses to eat the fries because she says they're 'too squishy' ). We prefer to get Subway for takeaway instead, because there's a better chance the kids will actually eat that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do. Not that we get it often anyway!

I was absolutely craving a cheeseburger a few weeks ago...thought I'd be cool and get maccas for dinner....for THREE days straight I was met with complaints They wanted home cooked dinners..I eventually got it, but jeeze, you'd think I was trying to poison them

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have it as a treat and if it's just that a treat I don't see any problem - if it's a staple for dinner 3-4 times a week then it's an issue but what you describe is totally normal!

My kids eat subway, pizza, maccas, HJs, KFC, fish and chips etc but none of these things are regular meals - all treats!

Shock horror though my kids have the soft drink most times not water - every now and then they have choc milk but meh if they having the burger and fries the lemonade isn't that big a deal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep... We try to encourage the healthy choices though as it Is a treat they're allowed what they like however
    My DD6 loves the apples and will only drink water

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    Yep. When I've got a double cheese burger craving the kids come along. If I want fast food without them I wait til kindy/school day and that's because it'll be cheaper lol. I don't feed them junk three times a day because it's expensive and would be gross, and can't imagine their behaviour.

So we do it as we see fit and don't really care for the lady who waved her finger at us when we were there for breakfast one morning. Unfortunately my immature DH had a sudden finger spasm of his own and that made the lady embarrassed.
    Do people really have the nerve to do this?? I've never come across some stranger telling me what I should or shouldn't do with DD... I have a VERY quick temper, I just don't know what I would do if someone had the hide to wag their finger at me!!! Good on your husband and his spasms

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eviezmum For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (04-05-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, occasionally we do, but only if I don't want anything to eat. I can't eat that crap. My kids would prefer to call in at a Vietnamese noodle shop for a bowl of pho and some spring rolls rather than maccas though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    More than occasionally I must admit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eviezmum View Post
    Do people really have the nerve to do this?? I've never come across some stranger telling me what I should or shouldn't do with DD... I have a VERY quick temper, I just don't know what I would do if someone had the hide to wag their finger at me!!! Good on your husband and his spasms
    People really do. Countless times we've encountered rude strangers who feel they are free to comment on anything and everything someone else does.

In keeping with the topic, DD1 must have been about 5months old the first time someone at Maccas said something to me, "I hope you aren't feeding that little baby this junk!" I wasn't, the kid was barely able to eat apple puree I wasn't about to shove a quarter pounder in her mouth.

I think common sense with fast food, well any food really, is what THE PARENT needs and anyone else can politely b*gger off.